As an Azure Data Ops Engineer - BCDR, you will be responsible for providing and maintaining a robust and scalable enterprise data platform in Microsoft Azure. This includes configuring and provisioning components based on end-users needs, building and maintaining Azure services across the platform, integrating additional tools and resources, training platform users and advising on best practices, and providing continued monitoring, security, and business continuity solutions for platform stability. You will support our IT stakeholders in their efforts to design, deploy, and maintain data platform services that provide value to the business. You will collaborate with other IT teams, including architecture, network teams, and DevOps Catalog to build solutions that meet the customer’s needs within our organizational parameters and processes.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work effectively with engineers using cutting edge technologies to solve challenging enterprise problems
- Work with the business users and architects to design and develop Business Continuity and disaster plans and technical solutions based on the needs and requirements of all users the enterprise based on the technical capabilities of the cloud infrastructure to meet RTO/RPO and overall SLAs
- Use Azure Services experience working with Azure Data & Storage, Azure Analytics & Azure IoT tools, as well as the traditional Microsoft BI stack
- Work with platform users to understand requirements and use cases, and to advise on strategy and best practice for use of the platform.
- Monitor cloud-based systems and components for availability, performance, reliability, security, efficiency, and ability to meet non-functional requirements and service level agreements.
- Provision and configure appropriate cloud resources to meet the needs of the platform
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills and a proven ability to apply critical/analytical thinking to deliver sustainable and creative solutions to complex requirements.
- As needed, document topology, processes, and solution architecture.
- Assist with the training and enablement of end users
Location and Travel Details:
This is a remote position with occasional travel once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Profile of Success:
- Demonstrated experience supporting the Azure storage technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure SQL Data Warehouse & SQL Database)
- Experience designing and implementing efficient and robust Azure service model support strategies
- Demonstrated experience solutioning cloud business continuity, disaster recovery plans (High-availability, multi-region support, RTO/RPO, GTM/LTM)
- Data Synchronization and replication (Asynchronous / Synchronous)
- Working knowledge of Azure data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Databricks, Stream Analytics)
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Azure Data Factory Pipelines and linked services
- Demonstrated working experience implementing Azure cloud monitoring strategies
- Demonstrated DevOps and CI/CD Experience
- Experience with monitoring tools (Eg. AppInsights, Splunk)
- Experience with Apache spark cluster management
- Experience with AKS clusters
- Experience debugging ETL/ELT issues
- Experience with Powershell and Azure CLI Scripting
- Proven ability to work with clients to understand requirements and envision data ingestion solutions
- Proven cloud infrastructure architecture experience
- Knowledge of traditional cloud network architecture
- Proven expertise in the implementation of encryption technologies (SSL, encryption, PKI)
- Prior experience in applying Agile development methodology.
- Experience performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for application and infrastructure
- Working experience in Azure DevOps
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau