Data Engineer/Data Modeler
Byrider is growing! Data Engineer/Data Modeler needed. This position can be a remote position with only a few visits to the office each year.
Reward for Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
- Competitive starting salary based on experience
- Great benefits & paid time off
- Cutting edge technology
- Good work/life balance
- Ability to work remote
- Career growth potential
- Byrider has close to 150 locations in 31 states
- Byrider has been in business for over 30 years
Job Summary of Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
- The Data Engineer/ Data Modeler will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and data collection across multiple applications and platforms.
- The ideal candidate is experienced at creating data pipelines and optimizing data systems.
- This position exists to provide enterprise data solutions for Byrider including daily ETL maintenance, warehouse data models, periodic upgrades, security, governance, and performance optimization.
- This individual must also be skilled at finding solutions to problems while keeping the environment well structured, stable, and secure.
Specific Responsibilities of Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
- Designing, developing, and implementing large scale database structures and using internal ETL tools (Kodda/AWS/Python/etc) to manipulate data
- Working on different database technologies AWS Redshift, AWS DynamoDB, AWS S3, MSSQL, etc.
- Accept and analyze input from many sources (e.g. problem tickets, team members, business teams, vendors, franchisees) to recognize and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Analyze data issues and determine cause / resolution
- Documentation of data changes, problems, investigations, communication
- Interaction with vendors to support data architecture
- Recommend the team’s data architecture decisions
Skills of Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify risks as well as pinpointing possible defects in deliverables
- Very strong customer service focus
- Empowered individual
- Strong leadership skills.
- Great knowledge of security and compliance
- High energy and self-motivation
- Ability to influence positive behavior in coworkers
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication with various levels of customers and internal staff
- Group presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of business functions
Educational Requirements of Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
B.S. in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
Experience Required of Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
- 3+ years Python
- 3+ years SQL
- 3+ years Data Modeling / Data Warehousing
- Proficiency with various data transfer technologies
- Strong understanding of information data security and data access controls
- Familiarity with event streaming technologies such as Kinesis/Kafka.
- AWS data management technology
Physical Requirements of Data Engineer/Data Modeler:
- Strong problem solving and analysis; able to think outside the box
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully multitask many activities and to properly prioritize activities to meet customer expectations
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to research and work at a reasonable pace to produce documents and investigate technical issues
Keyword: Data Modeler, Data Engineer, Senior Data Modeler, Senior Data Engineer, SQL
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here