SMRS Interview Question: About my personal interview e... | Glassdoor.co.in

Interview Question

Creative Copywriter Interview London, England (UK)

About my personal interview experience

Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I recently interviewed at SMRS and narrowly missed out to a candidate that had social media skills pertinent to its needs. Naturally, I’m disappointed as the interview process was long and thorough, and I got to know and liked them.
It started with a job description that truly engaged me, and my CV made it to the shortlist. The next stage was a polite invitation to complete the copywriter’s assessment brief, challenging but enjoyable. At least good enough to move me on to the next stage — an informal telephone interview.
This was followed up by an interview date with the Head of Copy which was in depth, surprisingly enjoyable and I was introduced to my ‘potential’ work partner.
A week went by and I was invited to meet the Director of SMRS, such was the wavelength, I thought she was a relative.
A day or two later I received the heartbreaking news — the job wasn’t mine. Bravely, I took up the invitation to receive feedback. At this closing stage I hadn’t been as prepared as I know I should have been. However, SMRS have kindly invited me to keep in touch.
Now all this was for a long-term freelance position, highlighting just how tough the job market is. Still, I live in hope that SMRS will remember me, and one day will hire me.

Interview Candidate on 29-Sep-2017

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.