Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 28 Aug 2015

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Bloomington, MN (US)).

Interview

Good interview pretty easy asked basic questions. Just smile and relax and you'll be fine. they also asked for me to build an outfit for a certain occasion. Most of the questions, since it was in a group interview, were just about fashion and we each went around answering. Simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Rockaway, NJ (US)).

Interview

Group interview with about 6 other people. They called back the next day to offer me a job, my friend got called back a week later. Very relaxed, told to wear what you would wear at the store to the interview. Impressed if you asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you would handle certain shopping situations   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Simple questions, met with HR, Merchant and VP. Applied online, came into the office and met with everyone in one day. Got the offer the following day, worked through salary and accepted. Started two weeks after the interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Applied in-person and got a call that night to schedule an interview. Came in for one interview and was hired on the spot. Came back for training and paperwork a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Applied for a seasonal job. Walked in during a group interview and was told to fill out an application and to come back in two days for the next group interview. There were 10 people including me in the interview and 3 of us were picked, even though they said they'd choose 2 or none.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you in to shop at a store?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Walked into the store during regular working hours with a resume in hand. Gave it to the manager and had an on the spot interview. It was coming up on busy season so they were looking for as many candidates as possible. Standard questions about strengths, weaknesses and experience were asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I brought in my application and two letters of recommendation and they told me to come back on Tuesday for an interview. I arrived around 15 minutes early and they didn't even remember I had an interview. They actually seemed disappointed that I was early. I had to wait 25 minutes for my interview because they didn't have enough people working there at the time and forgot I had one. They kept talking about me while I was waiting such as "I have to give this girl an interview and I can't until Danielle gets back". It was very unorganized. She finally took me into the back and asked me a few questions about my school and activities. She asked me if I had any questions (you should always have questions). She told me they would call me by Friday. They did not so I called on Monday and she said they are giving call backs by the end of this NEXT week or the week after that. I still did not get a call, so I called again the next Monday and they said that they are no longer hiring.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about 3 weeks after I handed in an application. The interview took probably 5 minutes because my interviewer didn't know she was going to be doing an interview that morning. I told her I was already working 2 other jobs and she asked me what I liked about them. She ended the interview by telling me she would call me later that day or the day after to schedule an orientation day. I waited two days, then ended up calling back myself because I had never gotten a call.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aéropostale (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Brought in my application on a Saturday and got a call for an interview on Thursday, to take place the next day. It was a group interview, but it only ended up being one other applicant and me. It took place in the back of the store. The interview was pretty standard for a clothing store in the mall: simple questions about your personality, fashion sense, why you like the brand, etc. They also asked both of us to do a bit of a trial run on the floor. It was pretty simple, we spent about 1-2 minutes each at the fitting rooms and greeting people at the front of the store while the assistant manager who was interviewing us observed. I got the call that I got the job the Monday after I interviewed and was asked to bring in two letters of recommendation, as well as the usual identification papers when I started that Wednesday.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2015.

Interview

I handed in my resume in person then got a call a few days later for an interview. It ended up being a group interview with two other girls who I got along well with, and we sat down in the mall. The interview itself was easy, relaxed, and I felt really comfortable. The manager was nice and also very young. When it was over she hired all three of us on the spot.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.