ABB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ABB Interview Questions

Interviews at ABB

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview from the team leader that I finally directly reported to during my internship. Only one round, no HR was involved. shortly after online resume submission, no HR involved

Interview Questions

• self-introduction questions, about experiences reported in resume   Answer Question

Customer Experience Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Submitted application online, and get a Virtual interview on Modern Hire, 3 minutes and 3 chances to record each question, 6 questions in total. After I finished the interview, they told me the program got canceled becuase of covid.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

the standard phone interview with human resources and then in person with the hiring manager to go through the details of the role, expectations and to discuss any questions or clarity on the role

Internship Interview

Interview

The process was first an online interview. Then after I made it pass that they took me on a tour in the facility. Then after that I had an interview with the managers. Then finally I had an interview with the plant manager.

Electrification Information Technology (IT) Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABB (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied for this position on June 3rd and had the first round (HR/gatekeeper) interview on June 16th. I finally got to the second round interview on July 9th, a little over a month from the earlier interview, despite the HR person's comment that the hiring manager was looking to move quickly.

The second round interview was scheduled by a 3rd party, Global Business Solutions. Their e-mail with the meeting details came through just a few hours before the appointed time.

Prior to the second round interview, I invested copious time learning more about the company, recent changes (e.g. acquisition of the GE Industrial Solutions), and the people. The interview was via Microsoft Teams. The hiring manager was late to join and visibly disinterested in the conversation. He was excited to introduce himself and his history with ABB, but turned more sour when he got to the open position. The description he gave was significantly different than the one published. Before asking any other questions himself, he opened the floor to any other questions I might have. I asked some of the standard questions that should keep the conversation moving, such as "what does success look like in this role?" He was very brief in each response and even dismissed some, "we don't need to talk about that." Eventually I learned that they had an internal candidate for the role. It became abundantly clear that he had no intention of considering me--or any other external candidate--for the position; I thanked him for the time and consideration and ended the call early.

It is a tough job market and I spent several hours preparing for the ABB interviews. The hiring manager wasted everyone's time by being dishonest. The only upside is that I got a chance to see the hiring manager before joining. It would be a terrible mistake to join ABB if it meant working for this individual.

Interview Questions

• No questions relating to the position   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I received an email that I was selected for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted for 30 mins and the questions were around process improvements and internal controls. Second interview was with the plant manager, HR and Quality leader. Based on some of the feedback during the interview, they were
    Looking for someone to just do as they say and not think for themselves to drive improvements.

Interview Questions

• The company uses the star method to ask interview based questions.   Answer Question

QCS Resident Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Bluff, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB (Pine Bluff, AR (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview, they asked about my experience and how comfortable I am doing all the things listed on the job description. I did about 2-3 Phone interviews and 1 in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Interview

Submitted my application online, followed by one phone screen, and then one in-person with the hiring manager, once the offer was made communicated with HR regarding logistics. It took about two months

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you accomplished X, referencing my resume   Answer Question

Applications Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Online interview with a group of people. One of them is the leader of this group, the others are the group members. The duration is an hour. I basically answered the questions raised by different group members.

Relay Applications Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABB.

Interview

Applied thru company website, called for onsite interview, Panel asked mostly about protection and control Experience, knowledge on ABB IED relays and other ABB products, also asked questions about Relay setting and site testing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to Work Experience and About really setting experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.