Abbott Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Abbott Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Lengthy, took awhile. Had 2 phone interviews. First interview with hiring company, second interview with HR. Then had in person interview with Recruiter. Interview took over an hour and they went over my entire resume and previous work history. Sales situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous difficult situations and how you managed them   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in April 2020.

Interview

It was a lot of standard "how do you react to this situation" questions. While the questions dug further than I anticipated, the interviewers were friendly and maintained a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you provide feedback to a member of your team?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

I only did a 15 minute HireVue that actually ended up being 10 minutes and was contacted within a week for a offer. Didn't end up accepting because didn't align with my future career interests.

Operations Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott in January 2020.

Interview

The initial phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager for the role. The interview was poorly structured, I was not asked any job-specific questions, and ultimately did not feel as if my candidacy was evaluated at all by either the Hiring Manager or HR. Waste of time and energy for all parties involved. I have had similar experiences for other positions with Abbott and am no longer responding to interview requests with this company.

Interview Questions

• First Question: What are your salary expectations?   2 Answers

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott (Lake Forest, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process from the beginning was a mess. The recruiter rescheduled a phone interview 3 times after blowing me off twice and then was late. They asked some follow up questions on skills, which were not part of the job description and the requirement to the job, but received no feedback on. After several days, I was asked to come for an onsite interview with less than 2 days notice, which I was not available for. We were finally able to schedule something, at which a last minute addition was added to the agenda, extending the interview to 3 hours, however the final agenda was not given to me until almost 10pm the night before. When I arrived there was an additional person brought in unexpectedly and the list of individuals was shifted around. My final personal was running late and they came in to tell me I could either wait 30 minutes or come back on Monday, which unfortunately would be difficult given I did not have a calendar to confirm any availability. It was suggested that I wait, which I did and I was left to sit in a room by myself. The HR person came back and did not know that this happened, went to check on timing and came back and said it would likely be another 30 minutes (which at this point would have been 1 hour I was left to wait). I was able to schedule to come back the next week, which the finalized request was received at 10:45pm the night before and before I even arrived for the interview the person I was told to ask for was changed 3 times. Upon arrival, the person I was to meet was on the phone and I was asked to sit in a chair in an open work area, which he came out 20 minutes later to meet with me for a whole 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There questions were very limited to why I was looking for a new opportunity, experience with volumes of data and basic tell me your experience. Other than that it was more talking on their part of what they were looking for and challenges in the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Very well organized hiring manager, polite, professional and courteous. The digital interview was extremely efficient followed by behavioral assessment and interview with DM and Sales Trainer. I was satisfied with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• 3 situational questions, 2 objective questions e.g. what defines a sales rep etc.+ required salary question.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

There was a complete drop off in interview process. The hiring manager gave no feedback and neither did the Human Resources department. Poor process especially given the fact the position is for a leadership position

Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Basic behavioral questions that you would receive in any engineering internship interview. Grilled me on the projects that I put down on my resume to make sure I truly participated and understood everything I put on there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you completed a project that you didn't get your way.
      Name a time you worked in a team and there was a conflict.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in November 2019.

Interview

Initially was contacted via email by my future boss to schedule a 30-min phone-interview. After the initial 1-1 interview, I emailed examples of my CAD work to my interviewer and awaited follow up. A week or so later another phone interview was scheduled, this time with a panel of engineers (those who I would work with if hired) for another 30-min phone interview. 1-2 weeks later I got another phone call from my future-boss with good news that I was hired and an offer letter was extended via email.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of projects you have completed that involved technical writing?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Internal recruiter contacted me about a week later to schedule a call with the hiring manager. Conducted a short (about 30 minute) phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Was contacted the following day to schedule video interview with 8 people, which consisted of 2-2.5 hour video interviews each across 2 days. All the interviews all went great. Everyone was very personable and each interview was very conversational and comfortable. Everyone I met with stated what a great fit I would be for the position and the team. I sent a thank you email immediately after all the interviews ended and received a very positive response, but after that I was completely ghosted. I attempted to follow up with a couple emails sent a couple weeks apart, but received no response. After over a month I finally called the internal recruiter, who seemed very annoyed with my call. She did finally respond a few days later that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. While I appreciate a company who promotes from within, there is no excuse to complete ghost a candidate who spent a lot of time and energy to go through their interview process.

Advice to Abbott - your candidates deserve follow up after their investment of time and energy to go through the interview process. It is unprofessional to not at least send a generic thanks but no thanks email after a lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.