Akamai Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

I had one Telephonic round followed by 3 face to face Interview.
    The interview process is very smooth. They mostly try to focus on your Networking Knowledge. Some basic programming questions from Linked list and Strings.

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I introduced a little bit about myself and my background. Then, interviewers introduced what they did. Finally, some basic network questions are asked. The interviewers are very kind. They tried their best to lead you to the answers that they wanted.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

The standard tech-company interview (I've had a lot of these over the years, and conducted many of them myself at former employers). First a recruiter talks with you on the phone to confirm that you're human. Then there's a first round of technical questions; in my case these were Unix-, networking-, and systems-focused. In person, they ask you some standard Unix questions, and there's some coding on the board. Maybe there are one or two questions that are real curveballs and require some real digging to answer them, but Akamai's interview questions are not nearly the hardest I've ever been given. The hardest I've ever been given were from Google, where they continually escalate the difficulty of the questions to test your limits.

Akamai's interviewers were good, but sort of middle-manager-y. I didn't get the sense that the group I was speaking with felt as though they were the élites.

Interview Questions

• Why might you use SMTP to get large (multi-gig) line-oriented text-based logs from one machine to another?   5 Answers

Negotiation

I had very little room to negotiate. They offered me a number, I asked for [that number] + $5,000 (or maybe $10,000; I forget); they said no; and I accepted the initial offer. Note that the initial offer was $20,000 more than any other company has ever paid me, so it was a terrific initial offer.

They kept asking me, as all companies do, to tell them how much I'd made at previous employers, and I never told them. I have to imagine that, had I told them what I had made previously, they never would have given me the raise that they did.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Received a call from the HR Manager, asked basic questions based on resume
    and some HR based questions. I believe the interview went well, but after follow ups for 2 weeks, received
    a reply from HR saying skill-set wasnt adequate.
    It could have been a little sooner, maybe the pool of candidates was a lot, not sure though

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple if you have already worked as a coop/intern

Negotiation

very bad.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

A recruiter found my profile on Piazza and reached out with a request to schedule a phone interview.

We set a date and time to speak. He didn't call. I sent a couple of emails after that but haven't heard back.

Extremely unprofessional and disappointing experience. I'll definitely think twice before responding to any future offers from them!

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Contacted by internal recruiter to schedule a screening. Entire process consisted of phone screening from internal recruiter followed up by an in-person interview and then 2-3 phone interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. Entire process took around 4-5 weeks from first touch to hiring. Nothing too out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• IP and TCP Concepts and data Structures   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted the resume via their website. The HR person contacted me and described the opportunities at the company and mentioned R&D department. We had a followup screening phone call which went well. Then, they asked me to come in the office for the onside interview. I met the team members and looked at the office. They sent the background check documents I had to fill in before they can make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the HashTable; What is its complexity? How do you improve the performance?   Answer Question
    • Explain what happens after the user submits the URL in the browser.   Answer Question
    • What's IP? How does it work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied for SDE positions. My recruiter didn't schedule any appointment though email, instead, he called directly and it was really unexpected. Fortunately, I answered, but was told about QA position and was encouraged to apply. Made you feel like you are the best candidate for them. Asked about my current salary, and boasted how high their salary is. But once you expressed your interest in your original position, they will just refer to you to another hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• 10 fundamental questions about networking and TCP/IP and 10 for linux bash   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted in 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview. 3-4 on site interviews.
    The process was fast.
    Phone interview: data structures, algorithms, networking, security, c
    On site: data structures, algorithms, c, network programming

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone call is required after my application. The manager call me and have a 30 minutes chat. He ask me some basic questions like why akamai? who are you? Do you know how Akamai works? At last he ask me a technical question that what is cache policy. Unfortunately, I do not get a idea at that time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.