American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jul 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process really opened my eyes to the world of aviation and transportation. During interview, you were seated at a table of 6-8 people. Get to know these people because they are your future classmates, coworkers, froends and foes. Recruiters are watching and taking notes as they observe how you interact and listen to your peers. Games are played with the intent to observe how well you relate to others and the world in general. Each interview session has a host that will guide you through the interview and answer any questions you have. Once the recruiters have observed you in a big crowd, the will hold smaller interviews with groups of 8 people. If they decide they want you, you will be called, in no particular order, from the big room to have finger prints done and an additional one-on-one interview will be held.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all. I was very surprised on the questions. There are some pre-questions before the actual video interview to find out if you are qualified. Do you have tattoos, multiple ear piercing, or extreme hair color? Can you adhere to this policy? Yes or no. Do you have travel doc. to travel unrestricted to all the countries that AA services? Are you willing to relocate immediately after training? What other languages do you speak?

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   5 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight-forward and easy. It took about a month to hear back on my application. I was then invited to do an online video interview. Many people have posted on here the exact questions asked, which I compiled and answered on my own before interviewing. I strongly suggest doing this so that you can think your answers out. It made me feel quite a bit more comfortable. Hopefully I will hear back for the next interview soon!

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me what has it attracted you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about employee culture? 2) Tell me where you gained you customer service experience? 3)If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be and why? 4) Do you work best as a group member or individually? 5)Do you have any multiple piercing, tattoos, or extreme hair coloring? 6) Do you have travel documents to be able to fly to all the destinations American Airlines flies to?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Step 1, Online Application: fill out questionnaire and answer employment history questions. Step 2, Video Interview: record an video of yourself dress in professional attire (at least where the camera sees you, LOL), 1 minute for each answer, 5 or 6 questions total. Step 3, Face to Face Interview: If they like you in your video interview, they will invite you to a face to face interview at Dallas. You will be in a room with a large group of other candidates, you should use the time to meet and greet them, since you will be working with them later in group activities and interviews. Next, you will be playing a game in groups of 5-7 people. Follow by a group interview of another group of 5-7 people. Upon this point, it'd be ANTM, the "judges" would go behind the scene and deliberate, afterwards (about an hour), they will call candidates one by one for a final one to one interview. Step 4, Conditional Offer/Email of Rejection: Someone will get in contact with you and tell you the good news and begin the pre-employment process. If you not, you will get an email asking you to try again the next time.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to apply with AA and why do you want to become a flight attendant?   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines in June 2015.

Interview

It was very easy at first I was SUPER nervous but after hearing a few questions I became confident in myself! The questions were easy and the time frame to gather your thoughts is a huge help. Just relax & be secure within yourself. Remember your just showing them why YOUR the perfect fit for this position. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If you could be any where in the world right now where would you be?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The questions were very straight-forward, simple questions about what you know about employee culture at American, if you work better on your own or in a team environment. The format of a video interview is definitely something to get used to, as there is no one on the other line. That would be the only challenging aspect of the interview process, to get through the first question and warm up to interviewing in the video format.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be and why?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Louisville, KY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to American Airlines about a month ago. About a week and a half ago I got an email congratulating me on the being selected for the next step of the interview process and to take the video interview in the next 5 days. The video interview made me nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect. The video interview was pretty simple. You set your computer up somewhere quite and a voice from the program asks you 6 questions. You have 60 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to respond. Make sure to pay attention to the questions and take a deep breathe before answering! The email told me that it could take a while to hear back since there are many candidates for the job. I guess we'll see what happens!

Interview Questions

• If you could be anywhere in the world where would you be?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview. I have gone through first round. Second round was more about methodology and behavior questions. After that there four rounds onsite. It was more about Java technologies. It was nice experience. But Good communication needed for telephonic interview and be well prepare for behavior question on telephonic round.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Agile Methodology and behavior question.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied June 21, 2015, received an email invite to an video interview on July 15, 2015. They give you 5 days to complete the video interview, so I did my homework on the questions. I have to admit, I was shakey/nervous and if I could do it over, I certainly would. They give you a multiple choice questionnaire on basic questions before the interview starts. They ask the question and you have 60 seconds to gather your thoughts on the answer, then you have 3 minutes to record your answer. It's a bit nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in becoming a flight attendant and what do you know of the company culture?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your previous work experiences.   Answer Question
    • If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you work best in a group setting or independently?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (DFW, TX (US)).

Interview

It was a long time a go and the process has completely changed. Today you have a phone interview, then a video interview, then you are asked to go to DFW for group interviews, then one on one. If you pass all that, you have to pass a medical exam, finger prints, and I think that's it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to become a flight attendant   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.