Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.7

Sort:

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Mumbai) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage Online technical test... Basically mechanical core questions with focus on Metallurgy and Fluid Mechanics
    Second stage Online Phycometry Test
    Interview only if u pass both these
    Interview is either Group or one on one.. For me it was 1 on 1
    After you pass the interview they send you for medical check up
    Only medically fit people are allowed to join

Interview Questions

• Why merchant Navy? Why Anglo Eastern? Refrigeration Cycle
      Working of Jet Engine   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Mumbai) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an online exam at a Chennai-Egmore centre comprising of some technical, quantitative, English and Psychometric testing.Around 3 hrs..

The Results​ were announced about 1.5 months later...You may have to follow up in between..
    The interview call came about 2 weeks later..

and I had to go to Andheri East Mumbai..We were first made to write an article about any random topic.. Usually, "the person who influenced you" or that sort..just to test your language skills..This will be followed by the interview..where they basically test your communication skills.

Interview Questions

• and a few technical questions..CFP,Vap Compression,etc.. Just revise the basics of RAC, IC,FM,TD..   1 Answer

Deck Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Mumbai) in April 2016.

Interview

Application
    Register online on the Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (AEMA) website for Deck Cadet Selection Drive.

Process
    Day 1
    Online test followed by 2 simple essays and 2 interviews. Report early so that you complete the test and interviews on the same day.

Day 2
    Medical Examination at Seabird Medicare, Andheri (E).

Interview Questions

• Online Test 1 (for PCM and Reasoning) 100 questions - 2 hrs. Level - very easy, involving only a few numerical questions.
      Preparation - Prepare the entire syllabus (pdf) of Deck Cadet entrance exam which is provided on the AEMA website. No questions will be asked out of the syllabus. Most questions are based on the theory of topics listed in the syllabus. I mostly used Arihant's Encyclopaedia of General Science for main preparation and NCERTs for reference. Reasoning part is also very easy. You can use Reasoning books of CDS or SSC CGL exams for preparation (if required). Maths was mostly simple Arithmetic with basic Geometry and Trigonometry.

Online Test 2 (Psychometric Test) 240 questions with no specific time limit.
      Objective questions (simple questions based on day-to-day life) like "Have you ever felt that your life is not meaningful?" will be asked to analyze your personal traits. Read the questions carefully and then answer them. Many a time they'll ask the same thing using different words, to confuse you. Do not get affected. This test is also very easy. Finish this test to obtain your results and proceed to the Interviews.

After the results are announced by the staff, they'll give you a Bio-data form. (Name, Qualification, Father's Name, Mother's Name, Address, Contact Details, HOBBIES, EXTRA-CURRICULARS, etc.) Fill out the form neatly and carefully as the non-academic questions in interviews will be based on this information only. Along with this form, you'll be given 2 sheets to write 2 essays.

Essay 1
      Statement of Purpose, 300-400 words, no specific time limit.
      Question: Why do you want to join the Merchant Navy? Write in about using the following points:
      What motivates you to join the Merchant Navy?
      What value would you add to Anglo-Eastern Group after you are selected?
      What duties and roles would you like to hold onboard?
      What is your career plan in the Merchant Navy?
      Where do see yourself 5 years AND 10 years down the line?
      How do you plan to cope up with the feeling of homesickness that eventually arises in this profession?

Essay 2
      Any topic like that of a GD, 300-400 words, no specific time limit.
      My topic was "Compare India's recent growth with the other countries of Asia"

Interview 1 Mostly academic, (Ex- INDIAN NAVY Commodore)
      After going through my Bio-data form and essays...
      Tell me about yourself, family background, why do you want to join Merchant Navy?
      Explain the career plan (with duration of each course) of a Deck Cadet through DNS.
      Academic questions:
      1. How does an aircraft fly?
      2. What is the principle of floatation? What is Archimedes' principle? How does a ship float?
      3. Why does ice float on water? What do you mean by Anomalous Expansion of water?
      4. What is the chemical formula of Nitric Acid?
      5. What is the general formula for Alkynes (hydrocarbons)?
      6. What are the types of bonds in Benzene?
      7. What is the chemical formula of Sugarcane?
      8. Why do seasons exist?
      9. What is Greenhouse Effect? What is Global Warming?
      10. What is Tanθ in terms of the sides of a triangle?
      11. What is a cube + b cube?
      12. What is cos(A-B)?

Interview 2 Similar to HR Interview (Captain from Anglo-Eastern Ship Management)
      After going through my Bio-data form and essays...
      He shared further details of the course, the costs involved, duration, etc.
      He asked me about how I got to know about this company and ascertained my inclination for the course.   2 Answers

Deck Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andheri

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Andheri) in April 2014.

Interview

The process take around 3 to 5 days. it has 3 basic rounds where first is online test continued with the psychometric test, and once you clear this 2 rounds you are scheduled for a interview. the first round of interview is abit tough if your basic 8,9,10 std is not clear. once you clear this round your are called for 2nd round of interview this is the final round where your personality and communication skills are checked.

Interview Questions

• round 1: what is Doppler effect? how does the air blows? how are tides formed? what is Archimedes principle? what do you mean by the term buoyancy? what is the chemical formula of washing soda? what is the general formula for alkenes? what is the mechanism for flying of a airplane? (a+b) whole cube? what is cos(a-b)? explain gravity is maximum on poles or equator and why?

round 2: tell me about yourself? what are your weakness? what is your passion? tell any 5 states of north america and south america? tell me about your family background? why you want to join this company? why you want to join merchant navy? how did you came to know about our company? have you applied for any where else for sponsorship?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Mumbai) in October 2018.

Interview

The Interviewer comes 40 mins late, makes us write an essay which is not evaluated later on, asks two simple questions but wants the answers in his own exact words. A lady sitting next to him asks questions related to how you would react to a certain situation.

While waiting for the interviewer to show up in the beginning, I spoke with other candidates who have completed the course. They say they're made to run around and wait a lot for the smallest of reasons.

The whole process from applying online to the interview took almost two months
    The technical test was conducted 5 days after applying online
    It took them a week to release the results
    And 2 days short of a month they kept the interview date

Interview Questions

• Why doesn't a centrifugal pump work without priming   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Mumbai) in February 2019.

Interview

Initially they give form to fill basic details of yourself ie. Academics, hobbies,extra curricular activities etc
    Then they told us to write an essay - who influences the most
    Then interview for about 40-45 min regarding technical knowledge, decision making, weaknesses etc

Interview Questions

• Working of pumps compressor in detail, expecting a good schematic diagram with it, applications of thermodynamic cycles and there were too much of cross questions in between. And some decision making question - what will you do when ...   Answer Question

GME Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy.

Interview

After clearing the online test and psychometry test , you are called for a face to face interview round to be held at New delhi , where the captain itself conducts an interview based on the topics related to your concerned discipline and some general life based question. The interview mainly goes for half and hour or more depeding uupon the candidate's performance.

Interview Questions

• what is a crank ? what is a crank shaft? difference between diesel and petrol engine   Answer Question

GME Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy in June 2016.

Interview

It was a one to one interview in cubicle simple question mostly related to mechanical engineering. Document and mark sheet verification and they consider aggregate score for graduation. You should clear medical for further admission procedure.

Deck Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernakulam

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (Ernakulam) in December 2016.

Interview

First Appear for online test Based core subjects of class 12th and 11th Physics , Maths , Chemistry, reasoning type.
    If cleared the online test appear for Psychometric test (Personality test). the result will take time to be issued.

On the day of interview
    A form was given to enter the Bio Data Details.
    Then a top was given for essay to be written in no more than A page. Mine was "How you spend your time with your Hobbies.
    then I was called for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you Known Swimming?
      Ever stayed in a hostel?
      Expand (A+B)cube?
      Volume formulas for Cube, cone , cylinder etc.
      Find out the volume of this room?
      Chemical expansion of Nitric acid, Sulphuric acid etc.
      Archemedies Priciple and application.
      Brief description of course offered by AEM(Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy (New Delhi) in May 2014.

Interview

There were 2 Rounds :
    First was Online test & the other one was Interview on different date .You will get call if you cleared the online exam .
    Prepare well guys .Online test consists of 11th & 12th PCM questions and psychometeric test . Average student can easily clear the exam .

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions -

What is :

Apptitude questions on
      Direction
      Geometry
      Probability etc

These are main questions asked in Anglo Eastern interview for DNS sponsership .

Note - NO OFFENSE to Anglo Eastern interview process .Only shared these above questions for giving aspirants general idea about interview process because its a golden chance for them to change there whole life and fulfill there dreams .

Thanks   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.