Applied Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Applied Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Applied Systems

2.8

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

The recruiter, with initials CP, did not bother calling me at the scheduled time. I took time off from a busy day at work, prepared for the interview, and waited by the phone twenty minutes passed the scheduled time before I emailed her. She responded that she was running late in another interview. That would have been fine if she or someone else had the common professional courtesy to let me know. However this whole incident reflected poorly on the company because it demonstrated that they do not know how to manage time nor respect the time of others. I sent an email back saying I was no longer interested in pursuing the job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems in June 2020.

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter for the position, followed by a Wonderlic assessment. After that a call with the hiring manager and a follow-up with the hiring manager again, an engineer from the team, and the VP.

Implementation Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Systems.

Interview

The Recruiter did not show up for the initial phone call. I email her, and she reschedules for the following week, but does not set a time. I email her again, and set a new date/time for later in the week. She does not show up for the phone call again. I email her, and she responds that she will call me soon. No phone call received, and no response to my final email. I was patient, understanding and polite throughout the back and forth emails.

This process was frustrating and extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Did not have an opportunity to speak to the recruiter at all.   Answer Question

HR Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Friendly, responsive - really felt I got the opportunity to get to know their business and people. Not too many steps, kept the process moving. Exciting growth strategy which I really want to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• My strategy for my department   1 Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview process was quite rapid. Entire process for me, from initial phone screening to offer, took exactly two weeks. The phone screening was simple - the recruiter gave a general job description, what the day-to-day is like, and benefits. We also had a casual conversation about my experience, in- and out-of-resume. I would later be required to take an online assessment, consisting of logic and math problems. Free online practice tests are offered. An on-site interview was set up for the following week. I interviewed with three current employees in managerial/team lead positions, all of them great people. The main motif between the three is what's on your resume. Get ready to explain it in detail! I was also asked to do some traditional whiteboard pseudo-coding. I would get a call about an offer by my recruiter a couple days after the interview.

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

People were nice but the process was a mess I was supposed to hear back from them after a week and I kept waiting for them to call only to get an email a month later saying you weren't selected. I even had a friend who works there stick his name out on my behalf and didnt get the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn and Indeed by a recruiter who worked out of the company headquarters in Illinois. We had a discussion over the phone where she asked my experience with certain technologies and what I'm currently doing in my role. Afterwards she sent me an assessment with certain problems like "If a rectangle has four sides and four right angles, and a square has four sides and four right angles, then all squares are rectangles" kinds of questions followed by a personality assessment. After that she recommended me for an interview at the Phoenix office. I go into the interview wearing a suit without the jacket (because it's still over 105 degrees in late august here), and everyone there is wearing jeans and t-shirts. They sit you down to take another "logic assessment" which asks you to write an algorithm to solve a problem, encouraging you to not use any jargon related to a specific programming language. The first person that interviewed me afterwards was the director of the department who asked me to talk about my background, what kinds of projects I was involved in and get a general overview of who I am as a person. The next person that interviewed was the tech lead of the department, who made sure to go line by line on my resume and github to grill me on my skill level with certain technologies.

Interview Questions

• "You are part of a mail courier service and you have a list of clients in alphabetical order. A third party service gives you a new list of contacts in alphabetical order, which may or may not contain names from the original, although there are no duplicates. Your task is to merge both lists into one file."   Answer Question

Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview started with a phone conversation with the recruiter. A skills test was sent to me the following day and took about 30 minutes to complete. After the skills test I was set up with a Skype interview with 2 managers. I was then flown to Chicago for 2 group interviews. The interviews were very serious and the interviewers were hard to read in both the Skype and in person interviews. The recruiter was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you do not like about your current/previous job?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Systems.

Interview

Applied in January and started the interview process in April. Process involved two over the interviews, one personal and one more technical. The first interview just involved speaking about myself and my history in the field. The second one was more technical based but only involved describing a few large projects I've worked on and my involvement in hackathons

Senior Web Services Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Systems.

Interview

The worst interview ever. First of all the recruiter is not knowledgeable on the subject, when I asked questions she became tempered. She had a very difficult time understanding my accent also. It sounded like she had a bad day. I saw the latest news on the company growth and wanted to give it a try. The company is good but their initial representation sucks.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.