Applift Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Applift Interview Questions

Interviews at Applift

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applift (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process took extremely long - ranging around 4-5 weeks. They thought they were on the same caliber as Google - providing potential employees with entrance exams to see if they had what it takes in terms of experience (a joke once you learn about the real company and ppl that make it up - in SF)

Interview Questions

• generic experience questions   1 Answer

Junior Campaign Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applift in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume on their website and received an email 2 days later for a Skype interview.

1) My interviewer wasn't able to get to my email in time confirming the interview, so I waited an hour for him on Skype. I called the local office because it turns out that the interviewer was from Berlin. We rescheduled the Skype video interview for the next day.
    He was very amiable and asked me to explain my resume/ past experience, what brought me to be interested in AppLift, what interested me about the position, and how I thought my past experience related to the job. He also asked me questions about how I thought the role fit into their system (vertical vs. horizontal organization). Though I was wrong, he explained the position thoroughly. He told me that a three hour skills assessment would follow and I needed to email him to coordinate.
    2) The skills assessment was pretty daunting. It had both analytical questions (response in words) and math problems that I had not encountered before (this is mobile advertising math, such as eCPM). It also had vague questions (I wasn't sure if he wanted just a word explanation or if he wanted numbers too for some questions, etc.) I emailed him the assessment once I finished and he told me I would have a Skype interview with other members of the team.
    3) Out of the three people I was supposed to speak with, I was only able to speak with two since the last man was very busy (and would need to reschedule). The first was with the Team Lead, and it was very intimidating because he asked me situational and technical questions that were related to the position and industry (which I've had no previous experience in; though I prepped, he asked very detailed and thorough questions, like calculations from the skills assessment). The second interviewer asked the general situational questions (i.e. how do you work in a group setting, etc.) and some questions specific to the position, but not like the first interviewer. Both were Skype voice calls since the first interviewer is from Berlin, but the second interviewer was from the local office.
    4) After a couple of days, or perhaps a week, I received an email that I did not get to move on further in the process.
    My overall impression is that the skills assessment was difficult since I had not encountered the type of math before. Though I looked up formulas, I wasn't comfortable with my work. The interviewers were fine, though you could clearly tell when your answer wasn't satisfactory. I think another reason why I think the process was somewhat difficult was asking me detailed technical questions in a position I did not have experience in or exposure to before ( I was surprised how detailed the questions were because this was an entry level position and they knew I had no exposure in the environment).

Interview Questions

• I forget the wording, but it was a mathematical question regarding something that could have been learned from the skills assessment (part 3 of my review)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in October 2019.

Interview

four rounds: online call, in-office interview with a team member, team lead, and VP separately... the in-office interviews were a bit tiring because questions are almost the same.
    in general, questions are easy, but I was too nervous.

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2019.

Interview

Quick, effective, and pleasent. 3 (5) rounds: online video call for general background, written test, and finally 3 in person interviews on the same day.
    Quickest interviewing process I've ever been in.

Interview Questions

• SQL & programing logic questions. Nothing knowledge specific. Just "can you think your way out of this". Very fun and challenging.   1 Answer

Traffic Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in July 2019.

Interview

Well organized interview process with smart and interesting people. Best expirience so far. Discussions were about my motivation, capabilities, way of thinking and personality. On top of that interview process was really smooth and you are able to ask your questions through the whole interview, so its more like a dialogue rather than Q&A session.

Account Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2019.

Interview

The whole process took about a month to complete. And even though I did not get the position I was applying to, the company offered a somewhat similar role instead. Overall the process was very smooth and we had a very clear communication since the very beginning.

Working Student Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2019.

Interview

First interview via Skype with HR. Contacted me shortly after to arrange a second interview at the office with head accountant and head of Finance. Once offer was made, HR was exceptionally helpful and incredibly quick in introducing themselves and advising further steps for paperwork and admin.

Interview Questions

• What is one difference between HGB accounting standards and IFRS?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I had initially a phone interview with HR and then an SQL test followed which I had to submit via email within a day. Soon, I was invited to the office for 2 interviews; one with the Team Lead and one with two members of the team. After a couple of days, I was invited for a final interview with the department director. In all cases, the atmosphere was friendly/relaxed.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in October 2018.

Interview

I first had to do a 30 min HR phone interview which went fine. I then completed an SQL test which involved 5 questions. I found the test fairly easy. The final part was a face to face interview. The face interview involved meeting the team lead who seemed to make up some of the questions on the spot. He also made me made do SQL queries which on a white which was a little frustrating. I found out the following day that i was unsuccessful. I emailed the HR person to ask for some more detailed feedback but she couldn't be bothered to reply.

Interview Questions

Applift Response

22 Nov 2018

Hi, Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. We are particularly sorry to hear that you had to wait for our reply unusually long. In some cases, it can take some time to collect all feedback from our interviewers in order to fully gather information on what happened. Of course, you should have received an intermediate update from our side to not cause frustration on your end. You will receive a response via email today and we are happy to also schedule a call if you need any further information. We wish you a nice day and thank you again for having taken the time to evaluate our interview process. All the best, Katarzyna

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applift (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview Process was really smooth, structured and fast. I really appreciated that it was a combination of 5 interviews. I got to learn about the team, the culture and the role so much better. Great experience and friendly people @Berlin Office.
    The hiring manager and team left a very positive impression mutually.
    Spoke to the senior management and liked their vision too.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experiences?
      What is the most important skill for sales/BD person?
      Some riddle questions to check your personality and logical thinking?
      Team fit questions (many of them)
      Case study(simple and interesting one)
      What is applift business model?
      What join applift?
      Why leave your previous company?
      What questions do you have for me?
      5 interviews of 1 hour each. You can imagine-lots of interesting questions and each interviewer was positively different.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.