Avantor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Avantor Interview Questions

Interviews at Avantor

2.7

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avantor (Columbus, OH (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

i applied online. was very pleased with the response time and an interview was set up.

i should emphasize "set up" as it was apparent from the hastiness of the phone screen and the tardiness of the interviewer that they already had a candidate in mind that was internal.

like a previous interviewee stated, this company will waste your time. to add further insult to injury, i received the nominal rejection email that had the wrong position stated!?

this is one company that i wouldnt want to work for. attention to detail in biotech is a MUST.

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avantor.

Interview

Started w initial phone contact then in person interview. Very unprofessional and not courteous ! When candidates take the time to come in for an interview be courteous enough to follow up with a post email on status of the role.

Scientist Interview

Interview

It's a one-day interview. Groups of 2-3 interviewers will interview you at the same time. You are also asked to give a presentation about your current work. They are all pretty nice people and the interview environment feels very comfortable.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phillipsburg, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avantor (Phillipsburg, NJ (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone Screening with HR , followed by a technical phone screening then followed by a 3 panel interview.
    I am not one to turn down an opportunity, but this whole process for me was a waste of time. The job description calls for 5 years experience yet they were only willing to pay 60k-70k for the position. I told them that was very low especially since I have a masters degree and 4 years of industry experience. They decided to go ahead with the next screening and interviews. They were very nice people and I thought the interview went rather well. I asked for feedback a few weeks later and was told my experience did not meet the role specifications and they were exploring other candidates. I was then told that I should apply for a different position in the future. This is a load of baloney deny my application right from the beginning so I am not wasting my time and the company is not wasting salary wages on a 3+ hour interview. I am glad they did not extend the offer because I do not think they would have met my salary requirements anyways so it worked out regardless. I looked a month afterwards and they reposted the job right on their website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How did you deal with a situation using the SHINE method?
      What do you know about the company?
      Why do you want to work for Avantor?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avantor (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied to the Sales Representative position through LinkedIn. On the next day I got an email to set up a phone screen and we scheduled it for a couple days later. The phone interview was with HR and it took less than 5 minutes. The recruiter told me she would contact me in 5 to 7 business days. Never heard of them again.

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avantor (Devens, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and then tried to schedule a phone screening but the HR rep was extremely difficult during the process. Every time I gave them very ample time slots I was free they kept trying to schedule interviews during times I said I wasn't. After that I had an onsite interview and the same scheduling issues persisted.

Once I was there I had three rounds of interviews 1on1 and then a facility tour. The environment was very relaxed and everyone was super friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to do in the next 10 years to be happy?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email by a Human Resources representative in order to schedule a phone call. This email had a link, that using the calendy website allowed me to schedule a call and then the recruiter called at the scheduled time and date

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avantor in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called and spoke to hiring manager, both of whom seemed disorganized. They rely on data mining software (Workday, as pathetic as Taleo) to weed candidates and brought the same mindless approach to the conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself (gee, that was a stretch for them...)   Answer Question

Lab Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring House, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avantor (Spring House, PA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

They contacted me via email to schedule a brief phone interview. The phone conversation was pretty casual. I told her my salary expectations and she said the role falls within it. They email me a few days later for an interview scheduled the following week. I met with the manager at the site for a 60 minute interview which was pretty basic and easy. But he seemed surprised when I told him my hourly rate expectations and asked me if I could go lower. A week later I received an offer $3/hr less than what the HR specialist said. I asked if there was room for negotiation to even go just a dollar higher. They emailed me a new offer that was a penny less than the original. I don’t know if it was a mistake or what but I had enough dealing with them at that point. Very unprofessional and unorganized.

Management Consultant Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me over LinkedIn, explaining they had an opportunity that involved "value-added initiatives." I asked for a position title, list of requirements and job description, but the recruiter summarily ignored my request.

That's all I needed to make a judgment of the company. If talent acquisition professionals don't employ standard processes, there's a good chance the rest of the company has problems too.

Interview Questions

• Can you chat for 30 minutes?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.