BBC Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BBC Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at BBC Studios

2.8

Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BBC Studios.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, and did a phone interview about a week after the initial contact. Then, I was given an in-person interview with the team I'd be working with. About 1.5-2 weeks later, I was asked to come in again, but had to complete a presentation and written test. I took a fair amount of time to research and put this presentation together. I presented it during the second interview, and felt I did a solid job. About two weeks later, I heard nothing back. I emailed three different contacts, including two in HR, with no response. I really had an overall positive experience interviewing with this company until I was ghosted at the very end. I ask that their HR team really looks into this seriously, as this experience doesn't seem unique after reading other reviews on this site.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBC Studios.

Interview

I "applied" by leaving my resume with their HR representative at my school's job fair and was contacted by email a few weeks later about coming in for an interview. I came in to the office for it the following week and they emailed me back with the offer in the following days, it was very fast.

BritBox Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBC Studios (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There was only one round of interview. The supervisor who interviewed me was really nice so the process was painless. They cared more about whether you are enthusiastic about BBC's works instead of your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your previous social media experiences? Have you used any scheduling tools before?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BBC Studios (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The process was slightly chaotic and slow in parts but rushed in others. They wanted you to be flexible for them. People were ok.

Biggest frustration was despite attending a lengthy second interview they never followed up to let me know the outcome of the process. Nothing.

It takes 30 seconds to send a courtesy email, and at the level I was interviewing for I would consider a standard courtesy.

Very poor.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of where you have had to deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBC Studios (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

BBC studios were present at my college career fair, where I had a conversation with their representatives and my resume was passed along for an internship.

I was emailed about my interview schedule by one of their representatives from the HR Dept, and my in-person interview for the internship was scheduled.

On the day of the interview, I was interviewed by 2 people, the current HR intern at the time, as well as a senior employee.

Interview Questions

• Q) Describe your previous role as an HR intern at * and how do you see this position as the right fit for you?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BBC Studios (North Hollywood, CA (US)).

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward. I will say that I was told the position was to assistant 1 person, 1 month in it became 2 people and a few months later I was doing coordinator work with no raise, to new title and no bonuses. Sadly, this happened to many of us.

Interview Questions

• No odd questions were asked it was more about getting a feel for the person   Answer Question

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBC Studios.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview with HR. Then was brought into the offices where I met with 1 account executive and 1 sales planner. Both very friendly and really wanted to see what type of personality you had. Its important to be very outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, what have you recently read from the BBC that has moved you?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBC Studios (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Went into the office and was interviewed by three people. Everyone was very nice and the process was fairly straight forward. They wanted to know more about my background and why I wanted the job.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BBC Studios (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with someone in HR which went very well. About 1.5 weeks later I was brought in for a one hour interview in which I was scheduled to meet with one person. It ended up turning into a 2+ hour long interview in which I met with 3 different team members all of which I had a pleasant rapport with. A few days later I was emailed and told they greatly enjoyed meeting with me and was given a case study assignment as a next step. I was given a week to complete it, in which I did. The assignment was fairly time consuming and took up the better part of my weekend. After I submitted it, I was informed that the team greatly enjoyed my responses and they invited me back in to discuss it. This meeting was an hour and I met with 5 individuals (including upper management) at the same time as I presented my deck including my creative ideation process and reasoning behind each segment. Mind you, I did all of this having completely memorized the project and not needing to reference anything. The meeting finished well and the hiring manager told me that they would reach out to me within a week. After a 1.5 weeks passed I followed up with them regarding the position. I waited an additional week and after not hearing anything decided to reach out to the HR person who I had first spoken with and who had organized all 3 of my interviews. It's been 2 months since that follow-up email and I never received a response. Given the amount of time that I dedicated to the position, including the hours that I had to leave my current job to make it in, I would have assumed they would have reached out to me at least to say they had chosen someone else. Overall it was a pleasant experience until the very end, The lack of communication on their part was incredibly unprofessional and offensive. Moving forward I would suggest they don't waste their candidates valuable time only to ghost them.

Interview Questions

• During my presentation, one higher level employee asked me to ideate/discuss an additional campaign element on the spot.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through Linked In, HR reached out via Email in around 2-3 years, 1st round phone call, subsequently onsite talking to 4 people for the specific team. All team members are pretty open and transparent on their work. Actually not informed me of subsequent steps as yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on your first week   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.