BITS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 31 Jan 2019

3.1

Sort:

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BITS (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

There are two interviews and 3 stages of shortlisting.
    1. After your online application, they will shortlist your resume.
    2. Departmental interview: It will easy one, you will be asked to make a ppt of your research and subject you wish to teach (5 slides each).
    3. Based on your performance department will recommend you to institute level committee.
    4. There will be two levels of scrutiny, one by interdisciplinary committee and another by institute level committee.
    5. They will contact the referees for a recommendation letter and encourage you to contact them too.
    6. institute level committee involves representatives of directors of 3 campuses besides experts from department and couple of hired guns ( from IITs or IISc).
    7. good thing about this interview is they will accept 'skype mode'. I was in US at that time so I prefered skype option.
    8. The interview started directly, without any comment, without any instruction and without telling how many people are there in the interviews. since people from three campuses join together you cant see people and hired guns seating in other two campuses.
    9. The interview:

Interview Questions

• 1st question what is your research plan? explain as if you are discussing with your PhD student? They will keep yelling intermittently.
      2nd question: You have to give a teaching demo, I will suggest you teach 'thermodynamics and reaction equilibrium to second years'. I freaked out, How will you teach a derivation without a paper and pen (just like a poem) and that is also like you have to be well organized, contents should be for second years. They kept yelling intermittently about what is Gibbs energy, what is Helmotz energy, explain everything. People are too rude, and you will be bombarded from all four sides.
      3rd question: what is humidity? what are the wet bulb and dry bulb temperature?
      4th question: what is a shrinking core model?
      5th question: what do you know about 'hydrophobic wall? I kept answering and I heard people talking in the background.
      Thats all, Thank you!

They disconnected the call.

Next day I got a text on Skype, saying that I was not selected. I was like 'are you kidding me' you would have sent me an email saying the same. That would have looked formal at least. Anyways who cares.
      I replied Thak you for the opportunity on skype.
      The end.   Answer Question

Tech Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charles Town, WV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BITS (Charles Town, WV (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

100% phone interview with management, no video/Skype/Lynk used. Was very pleasant and to the point. They had a lot of information to share about the contract and duties of the position, much more than just sending me the SOW and expecting me to read it.
    The position was working as a virtual subcontractor to the corporate contract holder with VA MHS, which is not unusual in this industry.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my familiarity with SharePoint and Atlassian/JIRA.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation as there was no room for it in the contract with the primary contractor. I was the last one on the team to be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Madgaon

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BITS (Madgaon) in July 2013.

Interview

The Interview panel had the HOD and two other Professors. I was asked about my projects. They were mainly looking at the areas I have worked and my communication skills. They also asked whether I genuinely wanted the TA post, as at times the workload may be a bit demanding.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BITS (Hyderabad) in September 2012.

Interview

you can make through if u have basic understanding of subject

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its kinda fixed

Anonymous Employee in Madgaon

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BITS (Madgaon) in January 2011.

Interview

Its very simple...
    Just fill the form for BITS PILANI for M.E admissions...
    They will take your written test (ONLINE) based on your branch...
    Based on the online test...they will call you for interviews...
    In the interview... they offer you the job...if you want...grab it...
    They will basically ask...why should the Job be given to you and not anybody else...
    They look for your work in B.E, workshops if you have conducted...the grades in the subjects..etc..
    They mostly look at the grade sheets and your CV and decide...
    Sometimes...they may ask some technical question to decide....

Interview Questions

• Are you taking this offer for money purposes only? Or you intend to learn also?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

short listing through resume, and an interview

Negotiation

normal

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pilani

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BITS (Pilani) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 3 steps. The shortlisting is very tough and they shortlist candidates with exceptional background only with foreign experience (Post Doc.) (At this moment as many people are applying). There will be a departmental interview followed by the final interview where minimum 8-10 people will be present including senior management.

Interview Questions

• Technical and as well as HR questions are common. As the experts are from IIT or IISC expect area-specific research questions.   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BITS (Pune) in May 2014.

Interview

Smooth, You have to give BITSAT in order to get selected into BITS.BITSAT is very tough so prepare for it along with JEEmains. A good score is needed to get a good branch

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

Formal Interview on subject knowledge

Assistant Professor, Physics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vasco Da Gama

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BITS (Vasco Da Gama) in August 2018.

Interview

I went to their Goa campus for the interview. Interviewers, located in Hyderabad and Pilani interacted with me via Telepresence technology. This was the last round of the selection process, as I had already done a first round of interview with them from Europe, via Skype.

Interview Questions

• As it was a job in academia, they asked me for a short teaching demo on a topic to be taught to an advanced undergraduate physics class using a pen and a paper. After that some technical questions regarding my research topic came along.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.