BNP Paribas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at BNP Paribas

1,015 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contractor Interview

Interview

long talk with some old people, not very helpful. only good thing about interview was that i went to bar after. i would not recommend working here, but this is just me. there are better banks and cultures out there. the french believe in colonial rule still, make no mistake about that.

Interview Questions

• what have you been doing at your last role?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone interview with head of LatAm Securitization group. New group, so was mainly focused on whether I would be willing to work hard to grow a new group. Passed that, then had super day with people from LatAm and U.S. side. Mostly qualitative questions, and only exception was a computer guy who had some funky questions.

Interview Questions

• One guy walked in very disheveled, and quickly asked me to share my opinion of secured paper vs. unsecured paper. He had just been on a call with a client regarding the same issue, so I had to walk through pros and cons of each piece of debt.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Basically I had four rounds. First was a written test which had 30 questions. 2nd round was with the hr. Next day I had 2 managerial rounds, technical and situation based questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Capital markets, derivatives, basic accounting questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two days of interviews. 4 different brief behavioral interviews with senior personnel. One technical case study interview with another Associate. The first day was only behavioral interviews. The second day had one behavioral and ended with the technical interview.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Technical Interview one on one interview.
    No procedure for the interview, Looking for developers who have finance experience.
    I got the call from reciter. Interview process is very easy if you have finance basics along with java development.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2012.

Interview

APTITUDE TEST. Followed by Technical interview , Management interview and HR interview interview. All the interviews were onsite.
    Interviews are easy. Once you clear aptitude test, crack the interview is not that difficult.
    Aptitude test has all kind of question, quant,verbal and behavioural.
    If you have applied for dev position then they will have java questions as well in the aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Swap 2 numbers without using temp variable. Why Testing.   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I went on a super day and ended up meeting with four or five people. They let you talk which is great. Some of the interviews were extremely intuitive and some were simply conversations.

Interview Questions

• I give you a set of numbers 1 through 1000. One number is missing. How do you find out that number?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I got the interview call through a Recruiter.

I first had a phone interview and then I was invited onsite where I met 4 people, 3 technical and 1 pseudo-technical/HR.

The whole process lasted for 4 hours and had questions on C++, multithreading, projects on my resume and questions about basic finance and low latency.

Interview Questions

• Implement a thread safe queue con-formant to POSIX APIs and specification. There are multiple readers and writers indefinitely reading/writing from/into the queue.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview

agents arranged phone interview and it went smoothly, they just asked me some what projects I have worked and high level technical questions. then I was invited to an onsite interview. I met two developers and the hiring manager. The interview is not difficult and hiring manager is nice. I then received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• java why ConcurrentHashMap doesn't throw concurrentmodificationexception?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process with Technical and HR round.
    it took a whole day of the process. heard the benefits were good, so gave a try but the questions were on my projects tat i did

Interview Questions

• Tell about the projects you worked and questions based on that   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.