Berkadia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Berkadia Interview Questions

Interviews at Berkadia

2.8

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

After a phone screen interview, the process moved to a one on one, case study interview focusing on multifamily value-add acquisitions. It would serve well to be versed on CRE property cash flows and terminology.

Interview Questions

• What are ways that an owner could drive operating costs down on a multifamily property?   Answer Question

Rotational Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia.

Interview

Case Study Interview that required conceptual and mathematical analysis over the phone with a current associate with the firm. Interview was graded on a point system and analysts were chosen based on the amount of points received by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the cash flows of an apartment complex and walk me through math and conceptual questions regarding the acquisition of specified asset.   Answer Question

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ambler, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkadia (Ambler, PA (US)).

Interview

It was a regular track. Phone interview will take about 30 minutes in average then in person will follow. Its at a location in ambler Pennsylvania where the headquarters is located. There is about 300-400 it professionals

Interview Questions

• Why this company? It was a regular track. Phone interview will take about 30 minutes in average then in person will follow.   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkadia (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Friendly and fair. Phone interview with recruiter followed another round of phone interview with a Senior Vice President; which was followed by a highly informative on-sight series of interviews. Process was clearly geared to make sure the position was a fit on all sides.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received feedback that was helpful/ not helpful.   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berkadia (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

This was probably the strangest interview of my life. The guy who interviewed me had only been with the company 3 days. It felt like he was disengaged from the beginning. He only asked two technical questions: my experience with Agile, "What is a microservice?"

And yet, I was told that I was being rejected because of:

"Cons: Little experience in Agile processes and had a little difficulty explaining basic premises. Currently working in different platforms, which is fine, but we would need someone with some database skills in SQL, which I felt was not to where we would need them to be."

and, in a follow up email from the recruiter, added

"he was looking for a baseline in an Agile/ javascript to help build from there. "

Ironically, I've been working with Agile for years, and have been doing continual Javascript development, using multiple frameworks, since 1995. I have nearly 6 years experience with Sencha's ExtJS implementing MVVM architectures and more. Not a single technical question on JS and yet he deemed there was no "baseline" there to work with. Actually, he didn't even need to ask a question; had he bothered to read my resume it would have shown the extensive Javascript experience. Also, I've used SQL with multiple DBs, including DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, Sybase, and more. Not a single question on SQL, and yet his "cons" included my not having SQL experience.

Given that his "cons" were completely bogus because they criticized a lack of skills in areas in which he asked zero questions, I can only conclude his disengagement from the start was due to an age bias (I'm 61). You don't get to be a Principal Engineer (full stack) with the #1 cybersecurity company in the world and lack the skills. What was lacking here was an intelligent manager who could put aside his age bias. Clearly, that was not the stated reason; he had to find a legal set of excuses to reject me.

The recruiter assured me they have hired guys my age before, but I assured him THAT manager hadn't hired any of my age for the company because he had only been with them 3 days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia.

Interview

It was quick and limited. I came in under a short notice response. I sat in a conference room, and briefly met with my eventual manager and a single co-worker.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ambler, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Ambler, PA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screening through recruiter followed up by phone screenings with engineers. This ended up in an on-site interview of a few hours. With two or three engineers on site and on dial in through phone and screenshare.

Interview Questions

• Some infrastructure troubleshooting questions, and best practices regarding design and communication around the workplace.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berkadia (Midvale, UT (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for their expanding dev team. The interview consisted of mainly personality questions with some deep dives into the technologies I had listed on my resume. They're a company that really values feedback as I was asked what I thought could be done to improve the process. Overall it was a really great interview to determine if I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personal questions and questions about past technologies I'd worked with.   Answer Question
    • How does the Node event loop work.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Midvale, UT (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

This was a four part process interview, which began through a recruitment agency. This position was for an onsite location in Midvale, UT.

The first interview was via video chat (a phone number to call into was an option) with "the gatekeeper" to ask a few short questions about experience on previous projects. It lasted 10 to 15 minutes. Following the interview, he sent over a HTML/CSS/JS test with the goal to build as much of a dashboard as I could without going over 4 hours. I then zipped that project up and sent it back to him for review by him and the person I would be interviewing with next.

The second interview was also a video call (except I didn't have access to a computer at the time). We mostly talked about my thought process behind building the dashboard the way I did and how I would have completed it. The focus was on technical with a little bit about the goals of the department.

The final interview, as told by the recruiters, was to be purely a social and team compatibility interview before an offer would be given. Instead it was a series of hypothetical situations to the point where I felt like I was interviewing for a different job (more focused on user experience rather than user interface design and development). I was primarily being questioned by one of the three interviewers and felt belittled when I didn't answer to his liking.

The interview resulted in Berkadia shelving the position as they realized they didn't know what their actual needs were. Had there been an offer I would have turned it down as I wasn't thrilled at the idea of working with some of those interviewing me.

Their office is really nice and is divided into teams.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

What a waste of time.

The hiring manager required that our first 30 minute phone screen was only to be done using some funky homemade video conferencing software they have. I spend many hours a week in various video conferences and never have even the slightest technical difficulty, but their software is garbage, filled with console errors and the connection drops every 60 seconds.

I had two interviews scheduled. The first time when the video failed, I contacted the recruiter who gave me a dial-in number to a conference call, which was such poor audio quality I could barely understand the guy and it dropped after about 2 minutes. Never got called back.

I decided to give him a second chance. He was instructed by my recruiter that if the video didn't immediately work, to call me directly using a normal phone, not their lousy conference system. So I take time out of my workday to accommodate this unnecessary video chat. I wait and wait and wait for 10 minutes. The guy never even connects, and he never calls.

Do you think as an interviewee that you'd be given a second chance if you no-showed to an interview? Heck no. So why on earth would I tolerate this from an interviewer?

What a waste of my time and how extremely disrespectful this hiring manager is. Good luck finding anyone willing to work with you when this is how you behave. Maybe only people who are desperate and have zero standards will put up with this nonsense.

Interview Questions

• No intelligible questions were asked because he was impossible to understand.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.