Big Yellow Self Storage Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Big Yellow Self Storage Company

Sort:

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company.

Interview

Had a quick telephone interview. Lasted around 10 minutes with personality based questions. Very relaxing phone call. Good experience and a simple start to the overall interview process. The interviewer was friendly and did not make me feel nervous at all.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company.

Interview

Quick test about your general knowledge just to see if you can think quick and able to resolve certain brain teasers. Then a nice chat with the manager which is only about previous work experience and personality. After that you will be asked to go on a 2nd interview which is similar to the first one but in more detail and more about the sales side. After you are offered the job you are invited for a trial day where you can see how the role really works which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most challenging and most difficult customer you ever had to deal with and how you resolved the issue?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tolworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company (Tolworth, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first, wasn’t too bad just getting to know you and a few common interview questions.

Got invited to 1:1 interview and was awful! Did test to start with. Asked me to sell a box to him! Didn’t really feel comfortable doing this as a box could sell itself! Then went on to ask a further 20 questions all about sales! Way to many questions for just a simple job.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet a celebrity who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you wanted to give up in a job but you chose not too   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company in March 2010.

Interview

Initial English and Maths test given (really simple), formal first interview given face-to-face and second interview thereafter if candidate successful at initial stage. Candidate will then be notified by phone of the companies decision

Interview Questions

• Sell me this..... You will be expected to think on your feet!!   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying online been invited for an interview. Had to do some mathematics test(lot.of percentages) and write an email to a customer who wants to cancel their subscription. After that a face to face interview with the store manager with standard competency questions. After the interview they never bothered to get back to me, on their career website my application status is still 'being processed'. Interview process is good, but lack of response is unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you had to manage a team.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example where you had to manage a poor performing member of staff   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twickenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company (Twickenham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very Very Very Very Very Very long winded !

The interviewer seemed very determinate that i would be on her side and have her viewpoint and back her up. Told at second interview we would be making hard decisions on current staff.

Phone interview
    First face to face.
    Maths and English Test.
    Second face to face.
    On the job.

Interview Questions

• General sales questions.
      Tons of are you happy to clean toilet questions.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Yellow Self Storage Company (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview online via a internet portal.
    Then a face to face.
    Maths and English test .
    Then a second face to face interview.
    Then a on the job.

A very long process for a sales advisor position. This roles wasn't as advertised by the company. Make it more clear at start and after hours of interviews that this job is basically one step up from cold calling and a lot of nasty cleaning.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet someone famous?
      Tons of sales questions.
      Are you happy cleaning toilets etc ?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.