Birks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Birks Interview Questions

Interviews at Birks

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Birks (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a very bad impression of this company after being interviewed by the HR director. First off, she asked predominantly behavioral questions that centered around negative situations and working with difficult people, this says a lot about the working environment. Secondly, she asked me questions that were illegal such as how much money I was making, what is the lowest offer I would accept, and to list every single benefit I have at my current job. I stayed professional but I really felt HR was extremely catty and unfriendly, I felt as though I was in the movie the Devil Wears Prada. I have had many interviews with big name companies and this really was the first one that made me feel that I would never want to work there! Lastly, please read their financial report. This company has been losing money for the last 5 years and is close to bankruptcy.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Standard interview questions
        Can you tell me a little about yourself? ...
        How did you hear about the position? ...
        What do you know about the company? ...
        Why do you want this job? ...
        Why should we hire you? ...
        What are your greatest professional strengths? ...
        What do you consider to be your weaknesses?

knowledge of diamonds?

knowledge of luxury brands? Watches?

Interview Questions

• previous experience, goals, ability to sell, knowledge of luxury watch brands   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

You'll start talking to a manager who will go over your resume. If they like you, you will get a second interview with another manager and a third interview is a discussion about your pay.

Interview Questions

• What's your best experience while you were at your previous job?   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks.

Interview

Applied through a friend's recommendation. Got the phone interview within 3 days, and the first in-person interview within 1 week. Had no response after 2 weeks. Still waiting for their final decision.

Interview Questions

• What's the 3 principle qualities a sales professional should have?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Birks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very unpleasant and unprofessional, totally the opposite of the image people might have of Birks and Mayors. The first interview was normal as expected, lasting approximately 3 hours. The 2nd interview was a very strange experience with the the interviewer covering her insecurities with asking intimidating questions in a reprimanding style, making an indirect reference at one point to ethnic origins. Reacting to answers with eye rolls and making snide remarks. Overall very disappointed with the standard of Birks and Mayors' executive team. No offer was made which is ok but not even the standard phone call or a note of repudiation, considering the time spent in the interviewing process. The process to say the least was handled in an extremely unprofessional manner, considering the level of the position I thought I was applying for and the reputation of the old Henry Birks and sons.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality? Why didn't you apply at another company? How would you overcome objections to your product? I am not satisfied with your answer, you didn't convince me try harder?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Birks (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview then in store interview then second interview with a director... both interviews were the same... have to pass background/credit check in order to be hired.. the interviews are basically the exact same with two different people... if they like you they will just offer you the job on the spot they're very professional they ask for your id etc. right on the spot

Interview Questions

• easy, expect generic questions about how to deal with customers and your strengths/weakness   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Birks (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Classic interview starting off with online and phone screening. Then, phone interview with member from the Human Resources team. Follow-up interview and in-person interview. Straightforward classic questions. Barely any difficulty associated with it.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks.

Interview

I came in the store to give my CV and they called me back within 2 weeks. I was then interviewed by the director of the store, he was very nice and polite.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birks (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 interviews. A meet and greet, another one and then a 3rd meet to sign the papers. Then I had to sit there and read a "bible" and I guess they expected you to memorize it there and then. Bc when I woukd ask a question about something later on they would just look at you with the loo of death and snarly say "it was in the book"

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted the application online, after 2 days got the phone call to inform me to do the interview. The first session, The store director interviewed me. After one week, the general manager interviewed me. The main questions was, why do you think you can work for Birks? What's the most challenge for co-work?

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.