Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated 4 Nov 2018

2.4

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Aventura, FL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

the interviewer was very friendly. They did a group interview first. then you are called in for another interview with the manger for the department you are planning to work in.

Interview Questions

• what was on of the reasons you choose to apply to bloomingdales   Answer Question

Planner/Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied online for a position and had a phone screen with a woman from HR. The position I was applying for was a lateral level job to my previous position which I had held for two years. She said I was not qualified for the position I had applied for and I would have to come in at a lower level if I were to be hired. I politely explained that I would not be interested in applying for a job that pays less and is a level below the position I had previously had as that would be a step backward in my career. I was also informed that in order to move forward in the interview process, I would need to complete a 2-3 HOUR personality test. I asked if the questions were multiple choice or fill in answer, and she said she did not know. She told me this kind of test was very common, and many companies do this. I said I was currently interviewing with many companies in NYC and around the East Coast and not a single one had ever asked me to take a personality test. I have worked in this industry for 11 years and have never heard of a retailer asking Buyer/Planner level candidates to fill out an online personality test just to get an in person interview and I was astonished that a company with struggling sales would require that of their candidates. I ended up getting a very good offer at a company of equal prestige and accepted that job. A few weeks later once the link with instructions for the personality test was sent to me, I was very happy to politely decline.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, why did you move to NYC? Can you fill out this 2-3 hour personality test? Do you have omni/multi channel buying experience?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kendall, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Kendall, FL (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

I received about 5 interviews and i was very determined on what i was looking for yet, they kept calling me in for interviews that went against what i had specified was not to my interest. I was looking for full-time and they kept calling me for part-time positions as well as i was looking for a ser pay rate yet, they would call me for commision based positions.... It was a waste of energy, time and gas as i lived quite far from the lication of the job.

Interview Questions

• If hired on commision base, how would you ensure you make your sales goals?   1 Answer

I declined the offer as it did not meet what i was looking for, and when it deals with my career based job i will not settle.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

He asked a couple of questions . you will do a stylist pull too. good place to work. i had a mentor.interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was recommend by my mom, the interview was easy and laid back. There were 2 interviews by two different managers. Its was not a group interview just me and the manager. Right after the interview ended i was told i got the job the manager then took me to the stock room for a tour. The first interview lasted about 5 minutes while the second and final interview lasted about 10 minutes. It was very laid back relaxed interview. This was a seasonal part time position so it was easier to land the job maybe that is why it was an easy interview

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The interview went well but I never heard from the company even though they said I would no matter what the answer was. I had friends interview that had the same experience. The interview didn't take long at all. About 10 minutes at the most. I spent more time waiting on my interview to start then in the actual interview.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Great atmosphere, easy to talk to, very friendly and positive. When I went in for the interview I was nervous but as they say down and discussed what the position entails how what they expected out of me, I slipped into more of a comfortable feeling and the rest of the process when smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself moving up?   1 Answer

Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

It was quick and straightforward. It's somewhat a process; I had 2 interviews the first interview was a phone interview he asks me scenario questions like what would you do if this happens, asked about how did I handle certain situations in my previous jobs like tell me about a time when x did this and how did you handle it. I passed the phone interview and got offered a 2nd interview which was the computer assessment and in person interview. The computer assessment is pretty easy it was like role play as if you were working there and answering calls. Make your listen because it goes fast and they time you, answer the calls and type in peoples information name, phone number, and address. Help the person figure out there issue, they will give a b c d options to choose from like what you do? a b c or d and choose. After I was done with the assessment I had the person interview and she asked me basic questions. And she hires me on the spot which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why will make a great fit for the team or position?   1 Answer

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online at the store website and a week later I received an e-mail wanting to schedule an interview with me. I couldn't attend the interview on the date that they assigned me. (They only gave me one date with several time slots and the date was 4 days after I received the e-mail. I waited for another week to see if they have a different time slots and I finally got to schedule an interview with them) I arrived at the HR and waited for a little bit until the HR manager called me. She asked me basic questions related to the resume I submit online, nothing difficult. Then she asked me if I could stay and talk to the handbag manager in a little bit. I stayed and got another interview with the handbag manager whom asked me a couple of scenario questions and customer service related questions. Again, nothing difficult. Both interviews took about 20 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual, i was expecting a more intense interview but HR was very nice and i as quickly able to interview with the hiring manager. She was very nice and easy to talk to. Interview took about 15 minutes and i was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.