Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions

Interviews at Boehringer Ingelheim

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

This was an intensive interviewing process. I had a preliminary telephone interview with a recruiter, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager for the position, and an in-person interview where I met individually with six different people (would have been seven, but one was out sick) over the course of about 3 hours. I arrived at the scheduled time and was made to wait about 15 minutes in the lobby, apparently because there was a department meeting scheduled for the same time. Each interviewer had their own set of formulaic personality-type questions to ask in addition to skills based questions. Although the personality questions were different, there seemed to be a lot of overlap in what they were trying to get at, and it was frustrating to have to repeat the same answers for each interviewer. I probably would have preferred a panel interview where each interviewer could have heard my answers and asked follow-up questions. The interview ended with two of the interviewers taking me for coffee at the in-house cafe and speaking more casually about the work environment. I appreciated the honesty of these two ladies, because unlike earlier interviewers they didn't sugarcoat the job and were up front about the high-stress and long hours that would be involved. I was not told what the next steps would be or how long I should expect to wait for an offer. Three weeks later I received an email from the recruiter stating that my feedback from the interview was positive, but that they had gone with a candidate who had more direct experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took a risk at work, the outcome and describe how you came to the decision.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Louisville, KY (US)).

Interview

Total of 5 face to face interviews and 1 short phone screen. 3 face to face and phone screen with hiring manager, 1 face to face with another manager, and 1 face to face with regional manager

Interview Questions

• How do you justify your time for to your current employer while you are here interviewing with us?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Expect several interviews. Typical situational questions to be answered using the STAR (situation, task, action, result) format are common. Really no left-field questions and an overall good interview experience. Important to the company: living in the territory or nearby the territory boundary. Also experience in the disease states related to the position in question and/or preexisting relationships with physicians.

Negotiation

You fill out what you would like your salary to be prior to the interview process. Kind of gross, but it doesn't let you submit your application without doing so. They offered a modest salary, tried to bargain to get more and was told that the BASE salary I wanted could be reached with the base salary they offered IF I hit 100% of my sales goal. Womp.

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in February 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was via email to set up phone interview time. Phone interview was with company recruiter. Next step was to be contact by area director or other recruiter for another phone interview.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Bay City, MI (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Smooth, more like a cocktail party than an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process included a flight to Dallas with a cattle call like interview the next day. The decreased the number of candidates down to 2 after a long day interviewing hundreds of candidates for positions across the country in preparation for a new product launch. Seeing people leave in tears was quite an unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when a sales call did not go as planned?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Columbus, OH (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly short hiring process. There is a phone screen. You are then interviewed by the hiring manager. There may be a second interview with the same manager and an additional manager. If chosen, you will be sent to the Regional Director. Usually a sign-off.

Interview Questions

• If you disagree with your manager, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really negotiable

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Was a good process, their team was very professional and easy to work with. The interview was challenging. I didn't get the position but was glad I went through the process.

Interview Questions

• How to handle clients that were not receptive or prescribing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview process very well. I remember thinking it was fair. The boss I had there had high expectations of us but was very kind as well. At the time, I had a book about preparing for interviews in pharmaceutical sales and the questions that were asked in the interview were consistent with that book, so I'm guessing that the interview questions were pretty standard.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then two follow up
    Interviews with hiring manager. The manager wants you to live in territory and make sure you're a good fit for the company. KNOW how to spell the name
    Of the company!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.