Breakthrough Collaborative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Breakthrough Collaborative Interview Questions

Interviews at Breakthrough Collaborative

2.8

Interview

I had my interview over the phone, as most do. It lasted about 30 minutes. My interviewer asked the typical interview questions and then transitioned into some situational questions about the actual teaching role.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview

It was about a 30 minute call with the supervisor of your school site. This is after you submit your video of your teaching. The questions are bout you, your video, and scenarios about the program.

Interview Questions

• If you review the questions they send you beforehand. You should be fine!   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Manchester, NH (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was conducted through a video call for a little over an hour. Interviewers were friendly and gave a lot of information about the site. I was able to get a better understanding of what working there would be like.

Interview Questions

• They provided several scenarios relevant to the role and gave me the option to choose one to respond to.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview

I Applied online. I then, received an email requesting to set up an interview. I did the 30 minute interview. Within a few weeks got accepted to be a summer teaching fellow.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

Submitted a sample teaching video, then had a follow up phone call with situations and behavioral questions with the executive director. Heard back within a week with a phone call too. Very fast process.

College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The first offer included a 20 minute phone screen interview. If it went well, it was to be followed by a 1 hour video interview and then a 1 hour in person in the following weeks.

Interview Questions

• What experience I had specifically with high school students.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview

It is a three part process. The first part involves an online application and submitting a recommendation. If you move on to the second part, you have to submit a 4 minute video of yourself teaching. The third and final part of the process is an online interview. Since it was rolling, for my location I usually heard back as soon as I submitted.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative.

Interview

You have to first send a mock teaching video to Breakthrough which requires some coordinatino with friends or classmates to help you out. The video can be pretty annoying to make so make sure to do it sooner rather than later. Then you have your skype interview which is pretty relaxed and fun.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach? What is your teaching style? What kinds of people do you work well with, not work well with. What were your favorite teaching styles as a student. The interview itself is not particularly difficult, just think about why you want to teach, come up with a compelling narrative.   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (New Orleans, LA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Uploaded a video of myself teaching a sample lesson before the interview. The interview covered several pieces of my previous experience and how it would apply to being a teacher. The interviewer also gave me several critiques of the lesson I had "taught" and asked how I would apply them if I taught it again and how I felt about receiving criticism like that. The interviewer also explained some pieces of Breakthrough culture and asked how I felt about them and how I could contribute to them.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think they use skits and songs throughout the school day?   1 Answer
    • What song would you want to play every time you walk into a room?   Answer Question

Teacher Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Breakthrough Collaborative (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Essays, recommendation, and resume in the initial application. You apply to 3 different locations for the summer. Then if you progressed, send in a teaching video on a topic they assign either in math, science or English. Then a phone interview. If they like you, an additional skit was necessary to prove the excitement you would demonstrate on a daily basis. I wasn't placed in my first pick location.

Interview Questions

• How did you get to where you are now?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.