Cover image for Brightmont Academy

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Brightmont Academy Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jun 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brightmont Academy

Brightmont Academy

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy

Interview

They want people for tutoring but don't offer competitive rates or full time employment. You'll be forced to work at least two jobs working here and make 300 dollars a week if you are lucky. This company should feel bad about themselves. Why work for a company that won't pay you enough to live?

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    1 Answer

Brightmont Academy

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy in Apr 2022

Interview

I had a very engaging and warm interview with a genuine person that left me with a sense of hope regarding my prospects with this company. If this was false or not, I'll never really know. What I do know is that the second interview was doomed from the start. The interviewee was standoffish and snarky the entire time. In all, over an hour of my time was wasted likely to simply satisfy a schedule obligation of the administrator. I also got the impression that teachers were very much undervalued and looked down upon. This is evidenced in their staffing policies. Overall, I am glad that I went through the process, as I now know to advise any and all serious educators to steer clear of this company. I also appreciate the opportunity to have sacrificed a crucial 75 minutes to make it appear that a certain HR representative was productive with their time.

Interview Questions
  • They were very unstructured and really went all over the place. Most of them were just multi-faceted questions designed to fill out the interviewer's morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy (Birmingham, MI)

Interview

Horrible! Center director treats people like commodities in service to her. Disorganized, low pay, and doesn't follow through with assurances regarding work hours or schedule flexibility. Director is very comfortable with screaming at and insulting employees on the floor during work hours with students in session. Not a covid secure environment either, people are allowed to come to work visibly sick as long as they wear a mask and socially distance, very irresponsible, very unprofessional, work environment.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Brightmont Academy

Application

I interviewed at Brightmont Academy

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with someone from the corporate office. Following this, there was an actual interview in person at the school, including a tour and speaking to the principal of the location.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy (Redmond, WA) in Nov 2020

Interview

Its a one stage interview which is direct and easiest. You need to be conceptually good. Remember that you are teaching children who are slow learners due to various factors.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think of teaching the student in an 1:1 setting?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy (Detroit, MI)

Interview

Standard interview questions. Be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of HR communications and knowledge of computer skills quickly, and expect to be interrupted if you take more than the allotted 5 minutes to complete all of the requested tasks and expect snarky comments from interviewer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy (Chandler, AZ)

Interview

Easy. Almost ridiculously easy. Very laid back environment. I interviewed with a Director who left a few months after hiring me. The current Director did not interview me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Brightmont Academy

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy

Interview

I interviewed with four executives over 1-2 weeks and was keep informed of next steps through out the process. Each interaction was positive and pleasant. Each person clearly articulated what they were seeking in a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • What's you experience in working with students and their families?

Brightmont Academy

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy in Apr 2018

Interview

HR phone interview went very well! Lots of information given and seems like a very good company. I was asked multiple questions regarding my experience, and they also were able to tell me more about their mission statement and what the school has to offer students with one on one teaching.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with students who have a disability?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Brightmont Academy (Seattle, WA) in Mar 2018

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR that went fine. Then an in-person interview at the Seattle location. They offered me the job on the spot, which I was excited about. I asked for a day or two to think about it before giving an answer, which they said would be fine. My follow-up calls and emails, asking routine questions about pay and benefits, were ignored. On day 3 I got a call from HR (in a different city) that they had given the job to someone else "more qualified." My impression is that they gave the job to the first warm body who would accept the position on the spot. I felt pressured during the interview to leave my current position without giving notice, which I felt was highly unprofessional...and weird. The person who interviewed me acknowledged that turnover was "very high." I am grateful for more than one reason to not be working for this company.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult experience you've had tutoring/ teaching.
2 people found this interview helpful