British Transport Police Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at British Transport Police

3.2

Police Community Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

Following a 10 minute presentation on my understanding of the workings of the British Transport Police, a 30 minute competency interview commenced. Interviewers put me at ease to begin with; questions assessed the core competencies against the College of Policing's (CoP) competency values framework (CVF). There were four competency questions and ONE scenario based.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where an individual is clearly suicidal and intentional on taking their own life?   Answer Question

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden Town, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (Camden Town, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

20 minute interview.. How they can honestly make a decision on whether the candidate has the aptitude to do the job in 20 minutes is beyond me! Maybe it's not ability that counts?

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Started off with a presentation based on why you think you should be a Police Officer, recited with no visual aid.
    Total of 5 competency-based questions that related to the code of ethics of a Police Officer further followed by questions on the Strategic Plan

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a casualty along the railway?   1 Answer

Police Constable Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fitness test, medical, assessment centre, application form. Application form was simple, fitness easy to achieve, Assessment centre not difficult if you focus on the core competencies for the role and maybe do a course.

Interview Questions

• Role play scenarios. Can't prepare for them as such, just use "STAR" model to solve the issues and include the competencies.   Answer Question

Special Constable Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I started by filling in an online application on the BTP recruitment website. In this application, you must demonstrate a number of competencies (such as teamwork, conflict resolution etc.) and a good understanding of BTP and their partner organisations.

After a short amount of time, you will be shortlisted if your application is of a high enough quality. During shortlisting they make a final decision on whether to offer you an assessment.

The assessment takes place at the nearest available assessment centre. Mine was in London. Despite the distance, make sure you are enthusiastic about taking the assessment as it will demonstrate your willingness to be flexible if required.

The assessment day is long. You will need a set of gym clothes to change in to for the fitness test. First, you sit three exams designed to test your written English, verbal comprehension and numerical comprehension. Shortly after, you will be taken to an interview room. You are expected to have prepared a 10-minute long presentation to be delivered without notes. After, you will be asked four interview questions, such as "tell us about a time you had to resolve conflict". The interviewers may ask you to elaborate on any point you make in your presentation or interview responses, so ensure that your answers are truthful and memorable. After about a ten minute wait, they will take you somewhere quiet and inform you of your interview results. If you passed, you will then be taken to uniform fitting and biometric vetting (where a sample of your DNA and your fingerprints are taken).
    Finally, you will take part in a fitness test. They will call you up by the colour of the lanyard they gave you at the start of the day, i.e. "anyone with a purple lanyard please follow me". The fitness test is simply to make it to level 5.4 on a 15 meter bleep test.

Should you pass everything, you will then be asked to book a medical and submit a vetting and reference form via email.

Recruitment Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Transport Police (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

really poor interview process, they were 15 minutes late interviewing me. All competency based questions which was advised when being invited in for an interview but they did not ask 1 question about me. I understand competency based questions but I do not feel these best represent an individual. When I walked into the interview room they asked me what my current job role was? Considering my application form was sitting in front of them and they had originally shortlisted me for the role, you would think they would have a look before interviewing. Both very dull individuals interviewing me, no personality, very by the book and way too serious.
    Received an email to say I was unsuccessful, I requested additional feedback and its been over a week and haven't received any. Even if I was offered the position, I would've turned it down. Really bad vibe from the interview!!!!

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview its self was short, there was no structure to the interview process. Not sure if they know what they were doing. They were late to start the interview, and one of the members of the panel arrive halfway through the interview process. Also the wait to get through vetting took so long. over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• The panel did not know enough about the subject to conduct the interview   1 Answer

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Logical Reasoning Assessment

Accurately recording data whilst listening to a 3-minute emergency call. The person on the line is hysterical, just remember to stay calm. You will need to record information such as the caller's details, description of the suspect and the incident.

Interview Questions

• Tell m about a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer? What did you do?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden Town, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Transport Police (Camden Town, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 people each time held on same day. Standard questions relating to work experience and likely fit for what they were looking for. Relatively straightforward, though they are very keen on diversity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much flexibility as they are a organisation that has very strict guidelines.

Police Community Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

It occurs over a space of day which involves a one on one interview, role plays and written examination, maths test, psychological testing, English testing and so on. It is not much else I can add this.

Interview Questions

• How did you deescalate a situation?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.