British Transport Police Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

British Transport Police Interview Questions

Sort:

Police Constable Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Fitness test, medical, assessment centre, application form. Application form was simple, fitness easy to achieve, Assessment centre not difficult if you focus on the core competencies for the role and maybe do a course.

Interview Questions

• Role play scenarios. Can't prepare for them as such, just use "STAR" model to solve the issues and include the competencies.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be aggressive they try to lowball you

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden Town, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Transport Police (Camden Town, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 people each time held on same day. Standard questions relating to work experience and likely fit for what they were looking for. Relatively straightforward, though they are very keen on diversity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much flexibility as they are a organisation that has very strict guidelines.

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Logical Reasoning Assessment

Accurately recording data whilst listening to a 3-minute emergency call. The person on the line is hysterical, just remember to stay calm. You will need to record information such as the caller's details, description of the suspect and the incident.

Interview Questions

• Tell m about a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer? What did you do?   1 Answer

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Panel interview at Camden HQ. 2 people asking questions and taking notes - standard in competency based interview. Friendly, timely. A recruitment agency contacted me after spotting my CV on jobsite board. The match was for them a job title as well as my postcode - not far from NW1. So it pays off to put the first part of your postcode on the CV if in London. Agency arranged the interview and followed up with me after as well as passed me some verbal feedback afterwards. During the interview was asked if travelling will be a problem - once or twice a week to Cardif. I was not told this by an agency beforehand and was not convincing when I said it won't be.

Interview Questions

• * tell us about yourself
      * what do you know about us
      * what is/how do you understand equality/diversity, what it means for you
      * use of PRINCE2 methodology - when, how?
      * planning organising your working day - describe
      * example of resolving problem/issue - describe
      * dealing with priorities - explain
      * examples of team-work/communication
      * passing messages on stakeholders etc.   1 Answer

Recruitment Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Transport Police (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

really poor interview process, they were 15 minutes late interviewing me. All competency based questions which was advised when being invited in for an interview but they did not ask 1 question about me. I understand competency based questions but I do not feel these best represent an individual. When I walked into the interview room they asked me what my current job role was? Considering my application form was sitting in front of them and they had originally shortlisted me for the role, you would think they would have a look before interviewing. Both very dull individuals interviewing me, no personality, very by the book and way too serious.
    Received an email to say I was unsuccessful, I requested additional feedback and its been over a week and haven't received any. Even if I was offered the position, I would've turned it down. Really bad vibe from the interview!!!!

Special Constable Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I started by filling in an online application on the BTP recruitment website. In this application, you must demonstrate a number of competencies (such as teamwork, conflict resolution etc.) and a good understanding of BTP and their partner organisations.

After a short amount of time, you will be shortlisted if your application is of a high enough quality. During shortlisting they make a final decision on whether to offer you an assessment.

The assessment takes place at the nearest available assessment centre. Mine was in London. Despite the distance, make sure you are enthusiastic about taking the assessment as it will demonstrate your willingness to be flexible if required.

The assessment day is long. You will need a set of gym clothes to change in to for the fitness test. First, you sit three exams designed to test your written English, verbal comprehension and numerical comprehension. Shortly after, you will be taken to an interview room. You are expected to have prepared a 10-minute long presentation to be delivered without notes. After, you will be asked four interview questions, such as "tell us about a time you had to resolve conflict". The interviewers may ask you to elaborate on any point you make in your presentation or interview responses, so ensure that your answers are truthful and memorable. After about a ten minute wait, they will take you somewhere quiet and inform you of your interview results. If you passed, you will then be taken to uniform fitting and biometric vetting (where a sample of your DNA and your fingerprints are taken).
    Finally, you will take part in a fitness test. They will call you up by the colour of the lanyard they gave you at the start of the day, i.e. "anyone with a purple lanyard please follow me". The fitness test is simply to make it to level 5.4 on a 15 meter bleep test.

Should you pass everything, you will then be asked to book a medical and submit a vetting and reference form via email.

Assistant L&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at British Transport Police (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was professional. Clear and open with expectations . I was not prepared and i was not asked questions about company much to be put in an awkward situation. I felt comfortable and was at ease.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.