Bullhorn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bullhorn Interview Questions

Interviews at Bullhorn

2.9

TA Coordinator Interview

Interview

Very professional and organized. Each interviewer was respectful and lead the interview as more of a conversation rather than a classic interview. The process was rapid and the person I was in touch with regularly sent emails with updates.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

11 Nov 2020

Glad to hear that you felt that you had a positive experience in our interview process! Keep an eye out for other roles that open up that you may be interested in!

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

This interview process is very stringent and has 4 rounds of interviews you need to go through. I went through an assessment phase that has you answer questions about math and reading/writing skills, logic. Then you have to take a personality test. Then you do a one-way video interview answering around 6 questions. Then you do an interview with the lead product designer. Then you do another 1 1/2 hour interview with 3 rounds in one and 4 people on the team. I completed the personality assessment twice because the first time it showed irregularities. In total I spent 4 hours of time on this interview process, not including the time I prepped for it.

On the interview with the lead product designer, it went extremely well and he said to me "when can you start". The next interview I was told that I wasn't passionate enough about Bullhorn specifically and I wasn't specific enough in some of my answers to questions in the 3 round team interview.

Very confusing and rollercoaster ride of emotions throughout the process and I would not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions

• Lots of tell me about a time this happened questions.

What do you think makes a product innovative?
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss.

Tell me about a time where you had to influence your boss into making changes to a design (paraphrasing this one).

What is your favorite project you've worked on and why?

Lots of other questions I don't remember off the top of my head   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

So disappointed to receive a generic email asking me to complete a 50+ question behavioral assessment. Not worth the time or effort. This company clearly doesn't understand the biases associated with these assessments. I highly doubt they're committed to D&I because this wouldn't be used. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that most of the applicants are white from upper middle class backgrounds.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

22 Oct 2020

Thank you for taking the time out to share this your feedback on our hiring process at Bullhorn. We appreciate your feedback on the assessments you took, which include a Cognitive Aptitude and Personality Test. These are used as one of several data points throughout the process to make a hiring decision, along with our interview process. The cognitive test provides an unbiased, objective result, which we believe further enhances our commitment to ensuring a fair and equitable hiring process. While these tests have been thoroughly validated as accurate and valid predictors of job success, we will continue to regularly review their use to ensure alignment to our hiring process and our ability to attract qualified talent with diverse backgrounds and experience. Thank you again for your interest in Bullhorn.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Hartford, CT (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied to the Job through website and sent resume.
    Was sent a bogus 30 minute assessment that had nothing to do with position, never received information regarding a over a position I’m overqualified for.

That assessment felt like those tests I took back at a grocery store job . Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Random shape puzzles questions that had nothing to do with With position .
      As well as dumb questions like “ do you have a lot of friends?”   2 Answers

30 Oct 2020

Thank you for taking the time out to share this your feedback on our hiring process at Bullhorn. We appreciate your feedback on the assessments you took, which include a Cognitive Aptitude and Personality Test. These are used as one of several data points throughout the process to make a hiring decision, along with our interview process. The cognitive test conducts an aptitude assessment for our roles and provides an unbiased, objective result, which we believe further enhances our commitment to ensuring a fair and equitable hiring process. While these tests have been thoroughly validated as accurate and valid predictors of specific job success, we will continue to regularly review their use to ensure alignment to our hiring process and our ability to attract qualified talent with diverse backgrounds and experience. Thank you again for your interest in Bullhorn.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview

The personality and IQ assessments that Bullhorn requires as a condition of interviewing are problematic.

The IQ test is timed - non-native English speakers, people with mobility/vision issues, people with dyslexia/dyscalculia, people who are prone to anxiety, and people who were not raised in a Western-style testing environment (whether due to age or geography) may struggle.

Next, applicants are given a personality assessment. You're required to reveal personal information to a potential future employer. And then Bullhorn (and probably other companies) own that information - you will not know how they use it, who has access to it, where they store it, or how long they keep it.

Aside from the ethical issues of the test itself, the assessment lacks external validity. Since the test is administered by a private, money-making company, they don't stand to profit from exposing their measurements and inviting the research community to 'stress test' them - to see if the questions asked actually do a good job of measuring what they intend to measure.

I bring this up because management should be aware of the concept of social-desirability bias - while taking this test, I may not feel compelled to answer truthfully, but rather in a way that I think will make me seem more employable. For example, when asked if I tend to make friends easily, I would probably say that I find it very easy to make friends to make myself appear like a good employee (even if it is actually very difficult for me to make friends). The testing company you use may claim that there are 'checks' in place to catch duplicity, but if the test taker answers questions consistently, those can be easily evaded.

To be fair, I don't think that Bullhorn intends to administer biased assessments. These types of assessments are popular and used by many companies. They seem like an easy fix to a difficult problem - making sure the people you hire are smart and will make good employees.

However, part of the current social movement requires that we hold a mirror to our own beliefs and practices and understand the ways in which our actions promote environments of racism and discrimination - even if that's not our intention. To this end, I hope Bullhorn reconsiders this practice.

Interview Questions

• The IQ assessment is the CCAT administered by Criteria Corp.   Answer Question

6 Oct 2020 – Sr. HR Business Partner and Interim Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for taking the time out to share this thoughtful feedback and thank you for participating in our hiring process at Bullhorn. We appreciate your feedback on the assessments you took, which include a Cognitive Aptitude and Personality Test. These are used as one of several data points throughout the process to make a hiring decision along with our interview process. While these tests have been thoroughly validated as accurate and valid predictors of job success, we will continue to regularly review their use to ensure alignment to our hiring process and that we remain committed to a fair and equitable process as an equal employment opportunity employer. Thank you again for your interest in Bullhorn.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview

Basically take a test for personality and aptitude. The aptitude aspect most does pertains to vocabulary. It would of been better tailor to a more problem solving issues since developers are problem solvers not English majors.

Personality test is basically a generic one that you can do at a grocery store application.

Interview Questions

• generic questions nothing really specific that is required to know.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn in September 2020.

Interview

Despite not getting the job offer, I still regard applying to Bullhorn as a positive experience in my career search. I feel like the entire process was handled professionally. I enjoyed the interview process and speaking with the employees about the company.

For me, the process went like this: I applied directly to Bullhorn via the career page -> The next day, received an email from Brooke to complete assessments before a set timeframe -> Received a call the next business day from Brooke to answer some follow-up questions, schedule the three 1:1 interviews, and she answered any questions I had about the company -> Right after that call I received an email from another recruiter which contained information about and the names of the employees I would be meeting with as well as a PowerPoint that included tips and questions I’d likely be asked -> 1:1 interviews with three employees back-to-back which lasted an hour and a half -> Received a phone call about the decision almost a week later

Before applying, I checked Glassdoor to see what to expect. I can certainly say Bullhorn is not just looking for a “diversity hire” since I am a woman and minority who did not get a job offer. Also, since I have experienced it now, I honestly think the personality test and the aptitude test were not bad at all compared to what other reviews say. I think that part of the process was cool, fun, and a little challenging. I hope Bullhorn continues to use this technique in their interviewing process.

When I describe the interview as difficult, I do not mean it in a bad way. It is an interview where you cannot just show up and improvise, it requires some homework on the company beforehand. Even someone like me who tried to learn as much about the company as I could, I still felt caught off guard a few times by a couple questions they asked. You are provided with a template of how the interview will proceed beforehand, which helps take the pressure off. I am an ambivert that leans towards the introvert side, which I feel impacted my performance during the interview. I'd say if you are a more talkative person who can clearly articulate your thoughts verbally, this interview should go well for you! In the face-to-face/video interviews, the Bullhorn employees I met with (Matthew, Chelsea, and Tom) were pleasant and thoroughly answered all my questions and shared their own detailed experience working there. They gave an approximate timeframe when I would hear back about the decision and Brooke indeed followed up by a phone call within the timeframe.

Interview Questions

• When was a time there was issue you did not how to fix or could not fix and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn in September 2020.

Interview

set up interview with recruiter. No info given regarding if zoom, a call? , webex? etc. followed up got no response. interview time came several days later, recruiter was late by phone. Brief interview I thoughtfully explained my 20 years of experience and made a good impression. Dont think recruiter knew how to determine qualifications for this position. Got email a day later saying thanks but no thanks. Probably wanted a "diversity" hire which offends me because I am native american. Oh well I will follow up with the EEOC.

Interview Questions

• do you like working with customers?   1 Answer

6 Oct 2020 – Sr. HR Business Partner and Interim Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback and thank you for participating in our hiring process at Bullhorn. We do strive for a strong candidate experience regardless of the outcome so we're sorry that you left the process feeling this way. Bullhorn is committed to ensuring a fair and equitable process as an equal employment opportunity employer and we believe our hiring process reflects that commitment. As part of that commitment, we do strive for a diverse workforce, however that is not one of our selection criteria. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further - you can reach to us at hr@bullhorn.com, reference this review, and someone from our team will discuss further with you. Thank you and we wish you much success in your job search.

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Process was overall easy. I had to take the CCAT assessment first and then had 2 calls, one with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Interview with the recruiter was pretty basic and just reviewing things on my resume and why I'd be a good fit. Also asked for my salary requirements. Second interview was a little more in depth about my prior jobs and how I'd handle things at the position I was applying for. Only issue is communication, I applied for a job with this company earlier in the year and after the CCAT never heard anything. After the second interview this time, I had to email them to find out they had gone with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior work experience, How would you handle having multiple top priority projects due, How do you learn best in a new role   Answer Question

30 Oct 2020

Thank you for providing your feedback on your candidate experience at Bullhorn. I'm sorry to hear that we fell short of your communication expectations. It is our intent to provide an exceptional candidate experience for all candidates throughout our process, so your feedback is helpful in ensuring we are consistent. Best of luck in your job search!

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Disappointed to have found bullhorn to have such a horrible interview process. I applied online and was asked to complete a 30 minute online assessment. After that, I had an HR screening with the recruiter who stated that they aimed to have to position filled within a week and a half. I then interviewed with the hiring manager, who seemed annoyed to have to be taking the time to interview me. It took more than a week for the recruiter to get back to me after that. I was asked to give availability for a final round interview that would take place on zoom with a few other team members. I never heard back from the company after giving my availability for the final round. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism by the company and would not recommend wasting any time applying.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

4 Sep 2020 – Sr. HR Business Partner and Interim Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. No doubt about it, the process for this particular role has not been up to our standards and we are addressing that now. We will learn from the mistakes we made and use those learnings to improve our overall experience going forward. Candidate experience is of utmost importance to us and we clearly fell short. We would be happy to hear from you to discuss this issue with you further. You can contact us by email at hr@bullhorn.com to share your contact information. We wish you the best in your continued job search. -Todd Williams, Interim Talent Acquisition Leader

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.