BuyHatke Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BuyHatke Interview Questions

Interviews at BuyHatke

3.3

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BuyHatke.

Interview

Went on for more than 2 hours.1 coding round followed by 2 technical rounds. Coding questions were tough and all the questions were based on DP. The interview went on for more than 2 hours but they took only one guy

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BuyHatke in August 2019.

Interview

I had applied on campus for the internship.
    There was one online coding round and two interview rounds.
    The online coding round was on interviewbit.com .
    There were 4 questions. All questions were of moderate level.

The interview rounds were also conducted online on Skype/Hangouts.
    The first interview round consisted of questions from the resume.
    I was asked about the projects I did and the skills I mentioned.
    There were 3-4 intuitive coding questions too.
    I had to explain my thought process while reaching the optimal solution.

The second interview round was a 45 min + round.
    I was given a question and was asked to submit the complete code (optimal solution) in 45 mins.
    After it I had to explain my solution, it's time complexity, etc.

Then there was a last IQ question. I had to come up with a innovative solution.

Interview Questions

• I had mentioned DBMS in my coursework
      They asked about normalisation.   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BuyHatke (Noida) in August 2019.

Interview

Online Test
    This was a one hour test. There were 5 DS and algo. related MCQs of easy level. There were 3 coding questions of 20, 30, 50 points. The 20 and 30 points questions were of moderate difficulty and the 50 points question was hard. 20 points question stated that given a excel sheet with 702 cells in each row and each cell numbered from 1 to 702 in the 1st row and 703 to 1404 in 2nd row and so on, find the row and column given N. The columns were of the form A, B, C, …., Z, AA, AB, AC, …., ZY, ZZ.
    The 30 points question stated that given an array of numbers replace some numbers such that each integer is unique and the overall sum of the array is minimum and return the sum.
    The 50 points question stated that there is a graph given where edges exist between vertices u and v when gcd(u, v) is greater than some K. Then given a source and destination array, return an array of same size marking if there exists a path or not.
    Only 2 people were shortlisted who had solved the 20 and 30 points question completely and the 50 points question partially.
    Technical Interview
    This was skype based interview. The interviewer asked me questions related to DS and algorithms. We discussed a bit about the projects and then I asked him what all technology stacks is the company currently using.
    Technical interview
    This round was taken by the CEO of the company. He gave me an efficient elevator designing problem and asked me to come up with some design. He then asked for my phone number and called me to discuss further about the problem. He then asked me how Torrent works. We had some discussion related to the projects. He then asked me some more general questions and the interview was over.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BuyHatke.

Interview

The first round is coding. They conducted it on Interviewbit. Make sure your concepts are very clear and you practice data structures and dynamic programming problems thoroughly.
    Also you need to be thorough with everything mentioned in your resume since they ask every topic in depth

Interview Questions

• Matrix chain multiplication implementation   Answer Question
    • Convert one word to another using words in a dictionary   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BuyHatke in July 2019.

Interview

I recently got selected as a software engineer at buy hatke and I am very excited about the opportunity. The selection process consisted of many rounds. First we had an online coding round. The test was for one and a half hour and had 4 pretty good questions mostly from dynamic programming. The interview process was very well handled. Recruiters were really amiable, I liked the blend of professionalism and protean questions put up by the interviewers . It always felt like that the interviewers wanted to bring the best of myself. Altogether it was an amazing experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BuyHatke (Agartala) in July 2019.

Interview

First of all there is resume shortlisting followed by a coding round of1 hr 45 minutes.And later there is a skype interview for technical and hr rounds. 2 out of 15 people reached last round and finally one was selected.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BuyHatke (Jamshedpur) in July 2019.

Interview

BuyHatke conducted campus recuirtment for SDE role in our campus,NIT Jamshedpur. The interview process consisted of four phase.First round was the CV shortlisting. 71 students are selected for online round.The Second round was a online contest on InterviewBit on Data Structure and Algorithm.Test duration is one and half hour and consisted four questions.Students who solved atleast two questions are shortlisted for the next round. Rest Rounds are taken on Skype.Third round was taken by one of the employee of BuyHatke. He asked three questions based on DS and Algo, some questions on project and some basic questions on OS. Fourth round was taken by the CEO of Buyhatke. He asked one algorithms questions,one System design question,Some details about project. They give enough time to think of the approach.Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Input is a sorted list of disjoint intervals sorted according to first element, and your goal is to insert a new interval and merge all necessary intervals returning a final new list.
      For example, if the interval list is
       [[1,5], [10,15], [20,25]] and you need to insert the interval [12,27], then your program should return the new list: [[1,5], [10,27]].(Online Round)   Answer Question
    • Given a binary tree, a target node in the binary tree, and an integer value k, print all the nodes that are at distance k from the given target node.(Online Round)   Answer Question
    • Given An unsorted array of integers print all distinct four element tuple(Quadruplets) in it having given sum in sorted order.(Online Round)
        E.g. A[]=[2,7,4,0,9,5,1,3]
                sum=20
              Output : 0,4,7,9
                                  1,3,7,9
                                  2,4,5,9   Answer Question
    • Box Stacking Problem
      You are given a set of n types of rectangular 3-D boxes, where the i^th box has height h(i), width w(i) and depth d(i) (all real numbers). You want to create a stack of boxes which is as tall as possible, but you can only stack a box on top of another box if the dimensions of
       the 2-D base of the lower box are each strictly larger than those of the 2-D base of the higher box. Of course, you can rotate a box so that any side functions as its base. It is also allowable to use multiple instances of the same type of box.(Online Round)   Answer Question
    • How Google Instant's Autocomplete Suggestions Work.   Answer Question
    • Median in a stream of integers (running integers)
       Given that integers are read from a data stream. Find median of elements read so for in efficient way.
      For example, let us consider the stream 5, 15, 1, 3 …
      After reading 1st element of stream - 5 -> median - 5
      After reading 2nd element of stream - 5, 15 -> median - 10
      After reading 3rd element of stream - 5, 15, 1 -> median - 5
      After reading 4th element of stream - 5, 15, 1, 3 -> median - 4, so on.   Answer Question
    • Find maximum possible stolen value from houses. There are n houses build in a line, each of which contains some value in it. A thief is going to steal the maximal value of these houses, but he can’t steal in two adjacent houses because owner of the stolen houses will tell his two neighbour left and right side. What is the maximum stolen value.
      Examples:
      Input : hval[] = {6, 7, 1, 3, 8, 2, 4}
      Output : 19
      Thief will steal 6, 1, 8 and 4 from house.   Answer Question
    • What is Swap in and Swap Out.   Answer Question
    • What is Paging.   Answer Question
    • Difference between Multiprogramming and Multiprocessing.   Answer Question
    • Difference between Restfull Api and Api.   Answer Question
    • Imagine you have a dictionary
      You need to find the list of all words which are compounds words
      moonlight = moon + light
      newspaper = news + paper
      AFT = a + f + t
      the dictionary needs to be traversed and you need to figure out all such words
      Here’s your dictionary
      plane
      r
      thought
      t
      You can share the link of ideone of running code.   Answer Question
    • You need to design an efficient elevator system. Think over it. And take test cases.
      100 floor building
      You are on the 27th floor going to the 100th floor
      And person from 60th floor who wants to go downwards
      Person on ground floor is pressing to go upwards. Ground floor person has requested first. Whose request would you honour first. According to your algorithm

How would you code this ? What all variables would you take and what would be the complexity of the code

Write the code for it and send the IDE link.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BuyHatke in July 2019.

Interview

The interview experience at Buyhatke was great. I applied for the role of UI/UX designer, and after sending my profile, they got back to me the very next day even after being busy with campus recruitment in my college. Unlike a lot of other places, the interview process was quick and there was no delay in results or in next rounds of interviews. First two rounds were taken in succession and then the final rounds on the next day. The interviewers make you feel relaxed and calm which is great! I was asked about my portfolio, my design process and was given few tasks to solve.
    I was offered a 6 month internship and a Full time job, which i accepted. The main reason was that Buyhatke seems to be a great place to work at with all the people truly committed to their work. Even with such a small tean they have various products which they work on passionately. This pushed me to join them and learn and contribute towards their amazing services and products.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BuyHatke in July 2019.

Interview

First-round was of the coding round on InterviewBit with 4 problems. After this, there was the skype round containing one coding problem and discussions on operating systems and projects. The last round was the CEO round which again contained one problem and one system design problem. Overall the interview experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Given a dictionary of words, find out if the words in the dictionary can be segmented into a space-separated sequence of dictionary words.
      Consider the following dictionary
      { a, f, ter, r, air, ir, after .... }
      The word "after" can be broken into "a f ter"   Answer Question
    • Elevator system design problem   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BuyHatke (Bengaluru) in May 2019.

Interview

The first round was a coding round consisting of 3 questions after which the interview process took place for the shortlist from the first round. There were two rounds , one of which was a personal interview round. In this round questions on data structures , algorithms , OS concepts , DB concepts and your projects were asked. After which there was one more technical round where one coding puzzle was given to solve and also few questions on optimization were asked.

Interview Questions

• Explain about dynamic programming and how you apply it   Answer Question
    • what is semaphore , what are the factors causing deadlock and other such questions on OS   Answer Question
    • How do you optimize the process of traffic signals to make it efficient   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.