CareerBuilder Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

CareerBuilder Interview Questions

Interviews at CareerBuilder

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Recruiter reached out for an interview. I provided available times, and then I never heard back. It's been a few weeks so not sure what happened but maybe the holiday week changed their interest?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

was fairly straight forward. didn't ask technical questions and very open to mentoring and ready to have interns from different experiences and colleges. overall, i think the interview process was good

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Their hiring team reached out to me in regards to a resume submitted via their internal hiring process. I first spoke with a recruiter who asked about my general background, then in a few days came in for a formal interview with two of the sales managers. The managers asked me questions relating my former experience in metric based sales to the metrics at CB.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was normal for sales. They talk about your prior experience and then behavior based questions. It really depends on the hiring manager you are speaking wtih

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you struggled to get in front of a valuable client and what actions you took   Answer Question

Director of Healthcare Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

One phone interview with the internal recruiter. Lasted about 25 minutes it was all about my background, she did not have much information on the job itself, did not know about territories, team sizes, etc. I emailed for a response after 8 days to which I got an out of office that she was on vacation, I emailed again 2 weeks later to close the loop to where she said "we just wanted to take time to thoroughly review candidates"

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Initially, I received an email directly from a recruiter at CareerBuilder with a description of the account executive position. I replied back and said I would be interested in having a discussion. So, the next day, I had a phone interview with the recruiter who actually didn’t seem to know very much about the job itself, were the sales metrics that they use to measure success. She then scheduled a second interview with another recruiter a couple of days later. That recruiter called me as scheduled, but told me that she didn’t even know that she had an interview scheduled and she seemed distracted. During the course of our very brief and awkward conversation, I kept hearing her baby crying and noises from traffic. She later admitted to being in the car and not having my resume in front of her. Eventually, she told me that she thought I would be a great fit and that she was going to send me over more information about the job and the benefits of working a career builder. She also promised to get back to me by Friday. I was speaking with her on a Wednesday. I sent a thank you note after the interview, but never heard back from her on Friday. I attempted to follow up and heard nothing. Then, on the Wednesday of the following week, I received a generic rejection letter in my email encouraging me to apply for other positions at CareerBuilder. Based on the interview experience that I had, i’m not sure why they thought I would have any interest Fatou in working in such an obviously disorganized, unprofessional, dumpster fire of an organization.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions around meeting sales goals and where I was in terms of my annual quota.   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was effective and efficient. Here are the details:

- Referred through former CB employee
    - Received call from CB recruiter within 24 hours
    - Was scheduled for an in-person interview with the hiring manager within the same week
    - Was scheduled for an in-person follow-up session to present 90-day business plan the
    - Was scheduled for final call with another member of executive leadership

All of the information that I've received, at various touchpoints throughout the process, was accurate and informative. The entire team was extremely welcoming and professional throughout the process, from the receptionists all the way to the top of the house. Great job CareerBuilder!

Interview Questions

• Sample Questions:
      - Tell me about your background
      - How would you facilitate/manage a change in business process   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Typically entry level sales job process and promises. Couldn’t exactly explain what it is the sell. The pay seems like a typical way to take advantage of young employees but that’s pretty much sales for you. Company was nice and professional.

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

A recruiter from Career Builder (an internal resource, not a recruiting firm) approached me via LinkedIn for an opening they had. She sent me a job description that appeared to be a draft, as there was some copy that was struck out, and other copy in red (not black), and said she was attaching a benefits info sheet as well; this was not attached. The role title she mentioned in her LinkedIn message was a little different than the one in the job description.

She requested a call to discuss the job, and I agreed, and asked her to send the benefits info again. I also asked her to confirm the job title; she stated this was not quite set in stone yet. She scheduled a phone interview time with me, but again did not attach the benefits info she had originally stated she was sending. This wasn't a big deal, but it was surprising that she was the one to say she was sending it and then never did, even after I asked for it.

When the time came for our call, I waited to hear from her and never did. I double-checked that I had given her my correct phone number, and that I had the time and date right. All that info was correct, so I sent her a message on LinkedIn saying it was fine if she had to reschedule. I never heard from her at any point. I am rating this company neutrally because I was interested in learning about the role and their culture, but their recruiter's lack of response and unprofessionalism made this impossible.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I applied to be a Customer Service Rep, but upon getting to the interview I was swindled into an Account Executive role. I left my previous role because I hated sales, told them that and they ensured they'd be a different experience. They asked typical interview questions and offered me the role at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.