Cartesian Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Mar 2019

3.1

Sort:

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting.

Interview

I went to a "Super Day" interview. It was a normal 45 minute interview followed by a 1 hour, timed research interview. They brought in 4 or 5 applicants at a time and rotated employees to interview the candidates.

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, do you find fascinating about the tech industry?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Aptitude test of 30 minutes followed by a test on SQL. This was followed by personal interview. Discussion on projects mentioned in resume. One question each from guess estimate and business case study. I was then asked to leave and was told that any decision on candidature will be communicated through call in 2-3 days. Sadly never heard back from them. No feedback. No courtesy call/mail regarding rejection.

Interview Questions

• Rank salaries from highest to lowest without using rank query (sql)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard phone screen for background check. Then proceed to on-site case studies. About 3 that are standard in management consulting industry. Some of the cases require research and a computer, which they provide on-site. Then one has to present the findings to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to project sales and operational expenses for a company   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting.

Interview

Interview process was smooth : Group discussion and Personal interview.
    Group discussion was on : 1) Artificial Intelligence 2) Blue Ocean Strategy Decision making vs Data Driven Decision making . It was related to Analytics Industry

Interview Questions

• Was Asked about family background and then they went through my CV .
      Asked about the campaign planned by me at my previous company, Reliance Jio . Usually they select the industry / company you worked in to ask a case study.
      q.1) I need to create awareness among target audience about new Jio Sim card in Tier 1 cities.
      I am given 100 crores as my budget . Which Media Mix will I use and how should I allocate budget to each media mix.
      Later , they asked will you use same media mix in rural markets as well

q.2) One of my client is demanding me to complete his project by 12 pm tom . The client shares very good relation with me as well as the company . My team is already working on 2 other projects . There is resource constraint as well as Time constraint . How will you handle this situation .   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied by cold emailing the Managing Director of the company.
    Was lucky! Got a reply from MD. (this company has an awesome boss)

-After 3-4 days, got a call (screening) from Mumbai office.
    -Next telephonic interview was arranged the next day of screening (Got Grilled like a Tandoori Chicken)
    -Next I believe it will be a F2F interview or Skype where they might ask you questions on case studies and some puzzles! (I don't think I cleared the Tandoori Chicken round).

If you clear the last round, you are hired I suppose.

They have really smart people working in there!

TIP: Prepare well before you apply for a job here. Not the toughest company to get the job but if you go unprepared you will be the next Tandoori.

Hope this helps.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through resume submission portal. Process comprises one telephonic round with one of the consultant and last one Skype interview with one of the director. Question asked from CV and few case studies. Case studies mainly focused on your approach. As I have mentioned statistics, R and SAS, so there was few questions from every topic.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting (Bengaluru) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through online web portal and got a call in next two weeks. First round was telephonic then I was invited for face to face interview. There first round was technical round completely based on SQL - inline queries , joins , rank , order etc. Second round was technical + behavioral . They asked multiple puzzles , about previous projects etc. overall it was a soothing process.

Interview Questions

• 1 .How do you get second highest in a table department wise.
      2. lookup using SQL
      3. self join , cross join
      4. puzzle on coin , find a faulty coin from 10 different bags
      5. how do you keep yourself updated in industry?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting (Bengaluru).

Interview

First Round - Written Aptitude Round
    Total 25 questions. Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Comprehension.
    Second Round - Face to Face Interview based on Resume.
    Third Round - HR Interview (Panel of 3 Interviewer)

Interview Questions

• How will you set up three lifts in a building of 39 floors (each floor having 3 flats) such that the waiting time is the least?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tiruchirappalli

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting (Tiruchirappalli) in December 2016.

Interview

Campus recruitment
    There was a 15 mins aptitude test post which there was only 1 round of a 1:1 interview for the candidates selected from the test.
    It was a general interview to check how you visualize data and how you are able to understand numbers

Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cartesian Consulting (New Delhi) in December 2017.

Interview

The process began with initial screening or shortlisting based on CVs. On the day of visit a pre-placement talk was conducted by the company at my campus. The first round, the written aptitude test began soon after. It comprised of 10 questions (quant and DI) to be done in 30 minutes. 10 to 12 candidates were shotlisted (out of 50) based on the results of the test for the personal interview. A panel of two took all the interviews. After the introduction, Questions based on CV, internships, experiences were asked. Each candidate was asked a puzzle and also a case/situation in the interview. 3 were finally selected.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.