Cenovus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 21 Feb 2019

2.7

Sort:

Field Interview

Interview

This was conducted in Calgary. I had initially applied online rather than through my university as I wanted to land the job earlier, and my university only facilitates interviews 3 months before the work term. It was for a second year undergraduate engineering intern position that was stationed in Southern Alberta. The interview only lasted about half an hour - questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us over the other oil and gas companies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Energy Asset Management Student Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary Place, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary Place, GA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

One interview with two senior staff member. Mainly behavioural questions, understand Cenovus' values. Study the current energy industry situation and be able to pull examples from the real world. Be confident, dress well, and use the CAR process for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Cenovus that makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable experience. Interview was focused on the relationships between groups within the company. Hiring to improve those relationships benefits everyone. The direction is changing from the past where there was only one focus and that was to get it built fast, and now there is more time and the opportunity make improvements without sacrificing project timelines.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would bridge the gap between construction and operations and the transfer of custody and control to improve past experiences.   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Informal networking meeting. Led to the offer of a Lead role. Second interview was conducted by HR Manager and HR Advisor. Apparently the HR Manager was told they were only to interview to see if I would be a good fit. When I asked questions about the VP I would be reporting to, they lied.

Interview Questions

• typical behaviourial interview questions such as How would you handle a situation where you were in disagreement with the decision your team was making?   1 Answer

Learning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I was prescreened by another agency first.
    Then had a skype interview with my Supervisor. The interview itself did not take long, and 3 days after I already received the offer.
    The paperwork was a bit too much, but the onboarding went easy.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of anybody else?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Submitted application online. Once reviewed I received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. Then agreed to meet for a 1-2 meet and greet interview with senior leadership.

Interview Questions

• I'm I clear of the role and what opportunities for me to develop   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cenovus in May 2010.

Interview

Group interview held. Learned about the company then broke into groups to complete a project. Lunch was provided then had one on one interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

Rather informal interview for contract employees

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cenovus (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview with a couple of employees and an HR person. Generally, they were very pleasant and tended to ask mostly behavioral based questions. This was for an entry to intermediate level position where I was not required to have a strong technical background.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with coworkers?
      How do you solve problems? Provide an example of your process.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cenovus in October 2011.

Interview

It was so quick, few general and couple technical questions

Interview Questions

• What was your last experince with angry work mate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very smooth

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.