Cover image for Collins Aerospace

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Collins Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated 5 Feb 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 418 of over 418 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Collins Aerospace

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collins Aerospace in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview was with HR and then the Purchasing Manager. She was cool, putting no pressure but asking important questions about my last position, my motivation, my short and long term goals and past achievements.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest challenge in your last position?
    1 Answer

Collins Aerospace

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Collins Aerospace

Interview

In person interview lasted around 15-20 minutes. Asked questions and wrote keywords of my answers on a sheet of paper. Was told afterwards that the interviewer is not the one that choose to move forward with applicants but his "boss" who reviews the annotations of each applicant. Thought I did great but never heard back.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you try to "fix" it Experience with programs listed in your resume and examples average behavioral questions

What people are saying about Collins Aerospace

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Collins Aerospace? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Collins Aerospace employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Collins Aerospace

Application

I interviewed at Collins Aerospace

Interview

They asked me some questions about my background and seemed interested in me. I was very laid back and everyone seemed very nice. They did not ask any technical questions, just about my personality.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Collins Aerospace

Application

I interviewed at Collins Aerospace

Interview

One panel interview, non-technical, and consisted of the hiring manager and an HR representative. Mostly asked what was on my resume and asked me to explain my interests and why I'd be a good fit for Collins

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult team member and how you resolved that conflict.

Collins Aerospace

Application

I interviewed at Collins Aerospace

Interview

Panel of managers where I had to present slides on topics that were already given to me. The interview was 1hr 30min. 45 min for Q&A. It was an open interview and once the slides were done, each of the managers asked various project related questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Collins Aerospace

Application

I interviewed at Collins Aerospace

Interview

Easy interview process. Hiring manager was very nice, and made it clear that he would only use the input from his team to make a final decision, not from himself. Fully remote

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collins Aerospace (Remote)

Interview

The interview lasted over the course of three months. Ultimately, the hiring manager took about three weeks to decide between three candidates. I am more alarmed about the time it required the manager to make a decision versus the decision they made. The recruiter was kind until the final decision was made and I didn’t hear a reply after calling and emailing multiples times for an update. Very unfortunate because the company is great but this team seems to be inefficient.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collins Aerospace (Cork) in Dec 2022

Interview

What a waste of time: 5 hours interview process (plus presentation preparation) for 2 positions (I had applied for 1 only). 1 hour presentation, technical questions (3 hours) and non technical questions from Director and HR (1 hour). In the end, they do not seem to be really hiring (which is why their positions have been advertised for months). And the worst thing is that after a 5 hours interview, I got an automated email from Raytheon at 8pm in the evening (with no feedback at all) that said 'we are not proceeding'. They are ridiculous.

Interview Questions
  • Comments on presentation I had prepared. They asked questions about things they know to show that they know things (I know other things). Awkward questions from Director (example: have you met any extraordinary people recently?.....) and strange comments and questions from HR (example: 'should I make you an offer quickly?' or 'nearby companies are stealing our employees'. As a matter of fact, it might be worth to directly interview with those companies and skip Collins Cork.

Collins Aerospace

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collins Aerospace in Dec 2022

Interview

The process was simple and fast. The recruiter responded to all questions and provided information about the next steps. The people are friendly and respectful. So far, I have enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions, and about my previous experience, and how it will fit in the new role

Collins Aerospace

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Collins Aerospace in Dec 2022

Interview

It was good. More into technical questions. Coding round was also there.This position was for mobile app developer. So most of the questions are from native and hybrid mobile app development.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Collins Aerospace

Application

I interviewed at Collins Aerospace

Interview

Quick phone call, then in person interview/tour. Got the interview from a career fair. Received the offer letter 4 days later. Very straightforward and informal process. More relaxed than an average interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 418 Interviews

Collins Aerospace Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Collins Aerospace as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.05 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for GET and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Graduate Engineer Trainee roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Collins Aerospace takes an average of 12 days when considering 69 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Graduate Engineer Trainee had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Senior Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 22 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Collins Aerospace according to 69 Glassdoor interviews include:

Presentation: 20.27%