Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Compass Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass Group

2.2

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group (Miami, FL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied and was called by the regional hiring manager to set an interview at the SNF. I was interviewed by the kitchen manager and an RDN. Afterwards I had my second interview on the phone with the overseeing RDN.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Compass Group in January 2020.

Interview

I applied for a Copywriter position via the website. Took better part of 30 min to complete the application process. Immediately after submission, I was emailed an “invitation” to complete a one-way video interview (HireVue) in order to be considered for the position. No thanks!

Few days later, recruiter follow up calls. We chat for 20 min about the job – nice guy, total pro, great ambassador for his company—I’m interested. Next step is to interview with VP but first, did I get the email about the HireVue?-- Deal breaker! -- I said would talk with ANY human, anytime (in person, phone or skype) in a two-way chat but I found one-way video interviewing offensive.

No regrets about declining. But if I had known about the one-way video demand, I wouldn’t have bothered applying.

Interview Questions

• Why don’t you want to do the one-way video interview?   1 Answer

Culinary Manager Interview

Interview

They use an online interview process called Hire Vue. You are given five questions and you record and upload your answers. They ask you about your experience and why you have applied to their operations.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Interview took about an hour. It was in depth and definitely explained the position well. Asked a lot of questions about previous work- they definitely seemed interested to know the kind of experience I had. Overall great interview.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Leawood, KS (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I walked in and asked a random guy for a job. They gave me a job. Typing random stuff to fill the 30 word minimum. They are desperate. They will hire anyone.

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day via e-mail to schedule a phone interview. I did do my research on the company so I felt that my phone interview process went smoothly. However, they do make you take an accounting test and if you pass you'll go on to the excel test and then I'm assuming after that you get to go sit down for an actual interview. I felt this process was unneccessary considering the job requirements stated that they would consider "new grads" with good GPA. I was in that catagory and was still required to take those tests. The accounting test was timed at 30 mintues with 25 questions so you'll need to answer fast. I am a recent 2yr grad but that did not qualify me for the excel test. I was sent an e-mail a few days later that I was no longer considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Why did you go into the healthcare field to start with? (I am a Medical Assistant and went back to school for a career change to business/accounting)   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself (typical questions asked by every recruiter)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group in July 2019.

Interview

After submitting a application and a resume I was scheduled for a video interview, after the video interview I was called to interview in person. I was called and extended employment shortly thereafter.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Every interview I had I thought was going well but were brief. They wouldn’t hire me over something that’s 8 years old on my record. I don’t understand why people who are interested in working are called in for interviews but don’t have a chance. I went through a lot to even get to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask about my background   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied for an HR job and received an email back to take a video interview for an Admin/Receptionist position. Is this some sort of bait and switch? Then the job posting disappeared and re-appeared a couple of days later. Obviously they need to get their act together! Got a rejection letter (on a Saturday no less) before I even had the chance to take the video interview. I highly doubt their recruiting team was working on a Saturday. So on what basis was I rejected? It doesn't appear that an actual human was involved in this process, all decisions made by computer?

Interview Questions

• Didn't waste my time with a video interview for a job I didn't even apply to. Their online system is a good indication of why not to apply here.   Answer Question

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Libertyville, IL (US)).

Interview

Received a call from hiring manager and went to the interview the next day. Interview lasted around thirty minutes or so. The hiring manager was also the supervisor there at the school. Interview includes a short walking tour and a long interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questioned experience off of resume, job by job for jobs with food experience and asked what positions I held at each job.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.