Cornerstone OnDemand Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cornerstone OnDemand Interview Questions

Interviews at Cornerstone OnDemand

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

1. Very supportive and humble HR.
    2. Interviewers provides a positives aura to construct the better answers.
    3. HR is very approachable and prompt to reply.
    4.All rounds (3-4 ) will be technical.

Interview Questions

• 1.Will be having 3-4 rounds,all technical.
      2.Related to Automation frameworks.
      3.Few Programs and approach.
      4.Real life scenarios and ways to handle them.
      5.Various Design patterns,models and architectures ,why and when to use them (optimization).   1 Answer

31 Jan 2020

Congratulations on becoming a Cornerstar! We are happy to hear that HR was supportive and approachable. This feedback is helpful as we are always trying to make the interview process a positive candidate experience!

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

Applied online back in May 2019. Never heard anything. It is now February 2020. The same job listing is still online. I have a hard time believing they haven't been able to find someone to fill the position in nearly a year. They could have trained someone in this time. If they have filled it, then it is lazy to keep using the same requisition number.

Interview Questions

• "You have already applied to this position"... after almost a year...   Answer Question

5 Mar 2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate your interview experience. We are sorry to hear there was no response to your application in a timely manner. This is not our typical process. Positions that we hire multiple people for, like Product Managers, typically stay open for a longer period of time. However, that is no excuse for not hearing back. We will make sure to bring this to our recruiting team's attention. Thank you again for your feedback.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Started with a recruiter reaching out and a phone interview. This was followed up with a skills assessment. It was relatively simple but a couple of the questions outlined some potential dysfunction/bad processes in their product department. After finishing the evaluation I never heard back from the company. After I've spent the time to do a candidate assessment the least the company can do is respond. Based on the questions from the assessment and experience interviewing I wouldn't recommend Cornerstone.

Interview Questions

• If you are the product owner of this API, what are top 3 things you would do to make the end-consumer experience better?   Answer Question

31 Jan 2020

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your interview experience and the efforts in completing the skills assessment. It is our practice to make sure we give feedback to all candidates, so we apologize for the lack of communication. We will make sure to address this with the team.

Multimedia Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Rude hiring manager. She was abrasive. Used an expletive during interview (F-Word). 'Wants somebody like the guy she had before, because he did it all and she didn't have to do anything.' (Paraphrasing.) What the role is advertised as and what she apparently wants are two different things. Wanted someone with live action cinematography / filming experience but also, with extensive Motion Graphics Designer and Editing experience. Two different roles / profeessions, three, really, all for $65k-$70k. I'm a Motion Designer / Art Director with Editing experience. Company process also rude. Never received an actual notification I wasn't selected, but received automated email asking me to take a survey about their Interview process, "while this particular role did not work out."

Interview Questions

• What would you do when there's down time?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

Video interview followed by a two - 2:1 interviews and then a panel presentation.

24 Jun 2019

Congratulations on becoming a Cornerstar! We are so excited to hearing about all your success as our new CSM! Thank you for taking the time to rate your positive interview experience. Welcome to the family!

Anonymous Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

I had over 9 interviews with various stakeholders so it was a bit tedious. It could be reduced by doing group interviews or better identifying what each person is going to focus on so it is not redundant for the candidate.

Interview Questions

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

24 Jun 2019

Congratulations on becoming a Cornerstar! Welcome to the family!
    We appreciate you taking the time to rate your interview experience as we are always trying to improve our process for candidates. We agree 9 interviews can get tedious and appreciate your suggestions for improvement. Group interviews and "Interview Guides" are solutions we are currently trying. We hope you enjoy your new career and look forward to seeing you realize your potential at Cornerstone.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who passed my resume along to another hiring manager. I had agreed to a time to meet them, but had to reschedule because times didn't work. After my interview, I was then moved on to the next phone interview.

During my phone interview, I was asked questions semi-related to the position, but was pushed to answer anyway. I let them know I was not too familiar with the topic, but did my best to answer based on other information I knew that was related.

The call ends and I wait about 6 days to no response. I email the team and did not receive a response until I messaged the general HR email 3 days later for an update. They eventually let me know, after all that hassle, that I had NOT made it through to the next round because the call was "not satisfactory." I felt that this was very unprofessional and I haven't experienced this type of behavior from before. Unfortunately, they had to reschedule about 5 times during the process and had to wait minutes to start my call because of tardiness.

Interview Questions

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

19 Apr 2019

Thank you for taking the time to rate your interview experience. It sounds like this team was very busy which caused the process to not go as smoothly as they would have liked. We will make sure to discuss your concerns with the team. Our goal is to ensure a positive interview experience. Thank you again for your time and interest.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I reached out to CSOD via LinkedIn back in January 2019. I have a couple of former colleagues who work, there, so I used them as references. At the end of January, a recruiter reached out to me and the process started. I went through an initial call with the recruiter, Erin, who was great. This was followed by a technical screen related to experience with API testing and design. Once through that process I went to the onsite interview in Santa Monica in March (most of the delay was on my side and Cornerstone was very accommodating and flexible).

The onsite consisted of a brief tour of some of the areas of the building. Then I went in and interviewed with a couple of groups of team members, from Product, Dev and QA. Questions ranged from topics in Software test development, Selenium Design, some whiteboard coding and behavioral questions. Every one was really cool and down to earth. Some good questions were asked.

The candy wall was amazing!! :)

Unfortunately, the offer was just too low, for me.

Interview Questions

• Just a basic algorithm question which took into consideration BigO notation.   Answer Question

19 Apr 2019

Thank you for taking the time to rate your interview experience. We are happy to hear Erin and the team did a great job and that you loved our candy wall! Hopefully our paths will cross again about other opportunities. Thanks again!

Principal Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Started with short conversation with recruiter, followed by 6 remote interviews with employees through video / phone. Then went onsite to interview with multiple SVPs and CTO.
    Received offer that did not match the initial promised numbers and conditions from the recruiting side. Negotiated to match what was initially offered but got denied by
    HR after 2 months.

Overall, I had a negative interviewing experience that lasted a long time, and did not see a good overall structure of Cornerstone on some simple processes. I had to follow up multiple times to get reimbursed for onsite interview mobile expenses until a VP made sure this was taken care of. From what I observed from my meetings with Cornerstone employees and directives, seems like there is a driver force to change the company's culture, but not many actions that materialize it.

Take this review with a grain of salt as its conditions were very different from a normal hire in respect to location, benefits, and salary.

Interview Questions

• Too many behavioral questions and some technical ones, including some basic SWE and SRE modules that address complexity, scaling, architecture, and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

19 Apr 2019

Thank you for taking time to rate your interview experience. We are thrilled you are now a Cornerstar and look forward to seeing you realize your potential! We appreciate you pointing out some issues as we are always striving to make interviewing a positive process. We will make sure to take your concerns to the team.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Sandy, UT (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Several calls/emails with a recruiter stretched out over about 4 months. Not only were there several calls with the recruiter, but I had 1 in-person interview and about 5 other phone interviews spread out over about 3-4 months. The recruiter would reach out every 3-4 weeks and say they were still interested in me, then I'd have another phone call, then nothing for another several weeks. It was so frustrating and pretty rude to string people along for such a long time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working for a SaaS company?   1 Answer

24 Jun 2019

Thank you for taking the time to rate your interview experience. We are happy to hear the recruiter stayed in touch, as sometimes the interview process can get delayed for a variety of reasons. We do try our best to move things along in a timely manner and appreciate your feedback so that we can address any possible hold ups in Utah. We hope you will consider Cornerstone in the future.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

Sourced by recruiter. Quick connect with the hiring manager. Extremely professional, yet personable. You can feel their culture in every conversation. Outstanding leadership. High energy and extremely positive about the future.

Interview Questions

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

3 Feb 2019

Congratulations on becoming a Cornerstar! We are thrilled to hear your interview experience was positive! We look forward to hearing about you reaching your potential !

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.