Coupang Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Coupang Interview Questions

Interviews at Coupang

2.9

Director, Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

A long, clumsy, and poorly structured sequence of 7 interview rounds, each one progressively more dominated by dumb, inconsistent questions and evidence of an unprofessional work culture at Coupang. While 1-2 of the interviewers demonstrated a decent amount of professionalism and spent a good amount of time on getting to know my personality and the way I think about recruiting, the rest were inactive listeners that just wanted to rip up my resume and try to discourage me from working there. The best example was the interview round between myself and a member of leadership in Seattle office--this clown didn't even feel like doing the interview and was as welcoming, intelligent and articulate as a flagpole. It was amusing and almost embarrassing to see him and the ridiculous body language shown by another member of the global leadership team during our interviews because they resembled cartoon characters who express disdain and confused looks on their faces whenever I said something that they obviously didn't understand or didn't like, which happened multiple times. Good luck trying to get in a word edgewise with these people because they clearly think being interviewed by them is the equivalent of having a 1:1 with a deity. The icing on the cake was the hiring manager who, after the final round, totally blew me off after telling me that the team needed a few more days to get back to me, which ended up being almost two weeks during which time I had to chase them down repeatedly to get any type of update. What did I get? A rejection message through LinkedIn--not a phone call, not even an actual email, but LinkedIn. Pure cowardice. Garbage organization, garbage people, garbage process. If you have half a brain in your head, you'll avoid this black hole which, as other Coupang employee reviews would attest, is a poorly-steered ship heading straight for disaster in the United States. I can't imagine why with people like these in charge.

Interview Questions

• Why us? Why do you want to join Coupang?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coupang in May 2020.

Interview

I dropped my resume at a Career Fair and was sent an online assessment. The online assessment by HackerRank was for 1 hr 30 mins (2 questions). I had around a couple of months to take the test, which makes me assume they were hiring on a rolling basis.

Interview Questions

• The two questions were typical algorithm questions with some variations. The questions weren't excessively difficult but were not easy either.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coupang (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I had my telephonic interview on 4th may- easy leetcode question followed by lot of questions around your project, work, threading.
    After that Recruiter vanishes for 2-3 weeks and later on told me i am getting the opportunity for the full loop. My virtual interview scheduled on 21 may.
    Virtual interview consist of 4 rounds: 2 coding and 2 design
    Round 1: leetcode easy and few leadership questions
    Round 2: Design scheduler job and few java/leadership question
    Round 3: leetcode easy and question on threading, Nosql/Sql database, concurrency, leadership question
    Round 4: Design facebook search
    I really like the interview process and interview are engaged with whole time irrespective of being virtual.
    Its been 3-4 weeks now, I haven't got the feedback for my full loop, recruiter is really bad in replying and following up with you.

Interview Questions

• leetcode easy to medium is enough, prepare well for their leadership question. They focuses on it too much.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coupang in May 2020.

Interview

Interviews went seemingly well, regardless of the Coronavirus crisis. However, I was not notified of the final decision for the role and found out by checking LinkedIn that the role was filled, without any notification by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard in regard to the Executive Assistant role. None of the questions stood out to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang in March 2020.

Interview

The HR scheduled for the interview over the phone screen. I came to know about the interviewer one day before. Performed well but might have gone wrong somewhere in the projects. The interview was on Thursday. The decision came on Monday. Performed well on coding and puzzle. It was a good interview. I was very sure that I cleared but rejected.

Interview Questions

• Basic Tree questions and about Projects   Answer Question
    • Directly started with Machine Learning project as I have one of the projects, but the role was of SW intern   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coupang (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews but they are very unorganised. They arranged redundant interviews and the interviewers were often unaware of it. I'd get on a call and they'd be like "hey i talked to you last week". Some of them arrive without looking at my CV and are quite rude. They're very arrogant and surprised when I asked them about the office politics that I had heard about online. I also asked how they plan to protect their employees from COVID, and they gave some lame answer, a few weeks later, they caused a huge outbreak in Korea.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. And a hundred 'tell me about a time..' questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Overall very pleasant, but interviewers showed up late. Spent a lot time discussing their needs, timeline, team structure. etc, plus one algorithm question and a few design question. Questions are in general quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Talked about past experience, asked me to design an Ads system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang (Mountain View, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had the chance to interview with several members of the team over video call. With each team member, I had the chance to chat, ask questions, and then do live coding problems.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which returns the lowest common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupang.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter
    Phone calls with two PMs
    Onsite interview

HR was a complete mess from start to finish. Luckily, every interviewer was razor sharp, which made the overall experience much better.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that one business line is performing much poorly than the others - how would you solve?   3 Answers

Interview

I handed in my résumé at university career fair. After passing a coding phone screen, I was invited onsite. The onsite interview had three rounds. Each round lasted half an hour. I received offer in two days.

Interview Questions

• Design a machine leaning pipeline that distinguish high value customers.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.