Decathlon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Decathlon Interview Questions

Interviews at Decathlon

2.7

Junior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Decathlon (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Ok , so here's the thing I applied for a brand new made up position that doesn't exist in any of the Decathlon branches. This position was being filled in San Francisco for their brand new location opening up in America. I applied online was contacted Via Email, set up a phone interview with another fellow, went downtown SF to meet them at a We Work location to do an in person interview. Talked with them for over 2 hours. And then at the end was asked about compensation. After going through the process and being told about what I would need to be doing and given the title of the position and how much I felt like I should be paid I politely told them. I could write down how much I asked for on this review but I won't . Two days later I got a denial. I was shocked. All I could guess was I asked for to much but I really didn't! I came in asking for a value $5k below San Francisco average . Two weeks later I was on LinkedIn and saw they changed the title of the position to Retail Sales Manager . I just laughed because it was clear they had put the wrong title in the wrong city. A Junior Brand Manager is a very different position than a retail sales manager and I'm assuming they realized that after interviewing more candidates who asked for normal San Francisco salaries .

I really wanted to work for this company I really did I was super excited but I am not convinced I was unqualified . I am almost certain I was denied because of salary which is still a shame because I would of negotiated .

I really wish them the best of luck in San Francisco , but I wanted to give my experience so possible candidates can further prepare themselves.

Interview Questions

• Normal standard interview questions . They don't ask you anything difficult.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Decathlon in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews and face-to-face interview with 2 managers. They want to make sure to find a good fit employee who is proactive and sportive. After you are chosen for the job position, the manager of each team will discuss to see which team is the best fit for you

Executive Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Decathlon (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The Interview Process was basic. I went through two interviews one over the phone and the second with the store manager(s). The phone interview was just an explanation about the company and duties of the job. The in person interview was a little more challanging. If you didn't do simple research you would be filtered out. The store manager asked me simple what would you do scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• What department would you work in? Why?   Answer Question
    • How would you market Decathlon towards our clients   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Decathlon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a huge challenge how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself ?   Answer Question
    • If you were the acting manager, and there was an employee who was constantly late what actions would you take?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It´s a very fast process in most of the cases, and they explain to you very well all the conditions of work. It´s not so difficult the interview but it will always depend on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why they have to hire me and not another person.   1 Answer

Department Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in China, ME (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Decathlon (China, ME (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Campus Recruitment
    1st day- Company presentation
    2nd day-
    1) Group discussion
         It is scenario based, with a group of 6-8 people, you will be provided a case of try to save the astronaut by eliminating his belongings one by one according to the importance to his survival. then you have to discuss with you group mates to rank the 15 items to decide which to eliminate first and which last

2) Group sport
         Played either basketball or handball

3) Lunch
        Chatted with the recruitment team

4) One-to-one interview
         It is rather a informal chat, the recruitment people just ask you something about yourself and your past experience based on your CV

5) Telephone interview
         Got a call from the HR department. interview question including the most challenging time, how do you know about Decathlon, what do you think this role involves, how do you work with a team, etc. The interview last about 45 minutes.

6) Skype interview
         Got Skype interview because currently I was studying abroad, the person who interviewed me was the store manager. Similar question to the telephone one. The manager was really nice, we had a nice chat.

7)Telephone interview
        This is the last interview, with the area manager. He just want to figure out my personality and to see if I have a clear mind. simple questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand this role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative/Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Fast response from company to schedule interview. Interview had a good mix of professional and personal experiences with related job. Interview took place within the retail store, is a very open concept.

Interview Questions

Interview

Spoke to HR at a hiring event, brought my resume, asked about your favorite sport, then schedule an interview appointment on the same day. Went for a 20 mins interview with two managers.

Construction Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Decathlon.

Interview

The interview includes fitness rounds as the company is about sports.
    Then followed by a group discussion and a personal interview.
    Altogether all requires to get a job is being fit and good communication skills.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Decathlon (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Consultant potryed the position being urgent and good for me with the desired qualification and experience.

Flew to Delhi from Lucknow on my own with hiked priced tickets, as was told that the position was urgent and interview was with a bunch of people and shall be once in for all.

Pathetic experience during interview as it was just a single person taking the interview and that too was pretty junior to me.

Wasnt able to test my techincal knowledge as kept it inclined towards my details in CV and later to strengths and weeknesses, who the hell does that to a 8+ years of experience holder in Indian professional context.

Full waste of time & money it was for me!!!

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Decathlon (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process was of two days. It took the first whole day to complete GD round in with only 13 students able clear the process out of 120+ students, I was one of them. The second day was aptitude around & panel interview for all 13 students from which only 1 student is selected.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.