Deem Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Deem Interview Questions

Interviews at Deem

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deem (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process was very smooth. A friend of mine referred me for the position. Despite the fact that I was changing industries and careers Deem was open and receptive to speaking with me. The interview process was very comfortable and communicative, with the recruiter I was working with being responsive to my questions and providing updates throughout.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deem in February 2020.

Interview

Contacted by the Hiring Manager to setup a time for phone interview. The Hiring Manager called an hour early before our scheduled allotted time and we spoke for less than 10 minutes. He then forward me to the recruiter to ask about total compensation. Then this is where it got weird.

The recruiter was 10 minutes late and the rest of the call was a SCREENING PROCESS. They should've done this step prior speaking to the Hiring Manager. Complete waste of time. The recruiter then asked for my desired salary compensation, I asked what the company's approved pay scale for the position. To my surprise, she said she will get back to me after conducting "market research". Then silence for three weeks. Then finally received an email, "We have reviewed your background and qualifications and find that we do not have an appropriate position for you at this time".

Not knowing the pay scale, whether it's intentional or not, is illegal. California passed a law and pay scale is required to be disclosed to candidates when asked so I saw this as a red flag.

"The new California law, AB168: (c) An employer, upon reasonable request, shall provide the pay scale for a position to an applicant applying for employment."

Interview Questions

Deem Response

13 Apr 2020 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We strive for a positive candidate experience and your feedback is invaluable.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deem (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Laid back, lunch and visit the enormous building that's 2 city blocks long, see the grocery store running inside for training purpose only, visit the other departments and dispatcher, take a chance at the largest mechanical company in the country, I believe this to be home why not your?

Interview Questions

• Refrigeration questions, basic and history.   1 Answer

Principal Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deem (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview
    2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews in SJ. Everyone was very nice and the process went at a good pace. Good technical questions. They gave me food and snacks with cool views of the bridge. I met with people from almost every level within the Engineering team: staff, VP, Principal software engineer. Questions were often tough and during interviews back to back it was tiring.

Interview Questions

• No unusual or difficult questions Pretty standard technical questions.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter over the phone before an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. The process was a little longer than I imagine was typical because the manager was remote and I interviewed with multiple people over several visits. They were accommodating with my schedule limitations and everyone I spoke with was transparent and honest.

Interview Questions

• Expectations were high throughout the interviews and they asked me a lot about my experience and how I would manage all of the responsibilities of the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews in SF. Everyone was very nice and the process went at a good pace. Good technical questions. They gave me food and snacks with cool views of the bridge. I met with people from almost every level within the Engineering team: staff, VP, Principal software engineer. Questions were often tough and during interviews back to back it was tiring.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

This position was advertised as a full time position but then suggested to be switched to a contract to hire late in the interview process. The rest of the process was very dis organized.

Interview Questions

• Repeatedly asked: would you like to work as a contractor for the first month?   1 Answer

4 Nov 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your comments regarding your interview experience. I'm sorry to hear it didn't turn out as expected and appreciate your feedback to help us improve our process in the future.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

Basic question about your past work experience, what do you want in life...etc. I spoke to the VP and was also interviewed by the sales mangers. They asked the same questions...just trying to feel you out as a possible fit with the company. When I joined "culture" was a big thing...they only wanted to hire the right people. Now they just want to hire people.

Negotiation

none - take it or leave it

4 Nov 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thanks for providing your thoughts on our hiring process. We are always looking to hire the best candidates to join Deem and are careful when assessing both cultural fit and level of experience related to the position.

Interview

Interviewed with five separate people. Two were from Product, three were from other departments. I was tested with technical and analytics questions, as well as polled for "fit." Interviews were very casual and conversational. Interviewers had a few structured questions, but mostly we engaged in a dialog.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions revolving around how to say no. There was also an exercise where I had to spec something out in real time. Afterwards, I was asked to explain why I made some decisions.   Answer Question

4 Nov 2014 – Lead Recruiter

I'm glad to hear you had a good interview experience and ended up joining Deem!

Market Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deem (Scottsdale, AZ (US)).

Interview

2 interviews, very personable Director interviewing or, should I say, selling the dream. And that's what he did. I was not familiar with this company; had never heard of them so he spent more time selling me than I him. Unfortunately I bought in and wasted 6 months of my professional life on an opportunity that was not worthwhile. It was common for new training classes to start off with 20 and by the end of the first week on the floor have only a few left.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.