Direct Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Direct Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Direct Technology

2.3

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Direct Technology.

Interview

Standard short phone screen call with recruiter, then more technical interview with leadership team. Thought it went well, sent several followup emails with no reply. I would have at least expected a short "no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - no curve balls or odd ones....   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Direct Technology (Roseville, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Management and HR made the process seamless. They had great questions to ask and gave me a opportunities to explain my job history and experience. It was a very comfortable environment and I was able to ask questions about the company and take a tour of the office space.

Help Desk Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Technology (Bellevue, WA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

This interview went really well, but they put the job on hold for unknown reasons. Came in, sat down in their beautiful building on the skirt of downtown Bellevue. The head of IT and his counterpart both were very friendly and amazing to talk to. It had to be the best interview I had. There was a lot of back and forth and everything was comfortable and friendly. I came out thinking that I had it in the bag and was even boasting about it. Problem is that I was supposed to be going for tier 2 and the tier 1 position was going to be made for me, but since the hold came I am now sitting on my hands hoping for a call back. 10/10 would interview again!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi-tasking?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct Technology.

Interview

Initially had phone interview. Then set up time for that week to go into the office for an interview. went into the office met with the office manager and the rick nelson came in and spoke with me and took time to show me around the office.

Interview Questions

• do i have experience working with high level executives?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Mid-level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct Technology in October 2015.

Interview

They started with FizzBuzz which is easy for someone with a little bit of experience programming. Passed. Then 2 developers come in. They talk briefly, didn't even really introduce themselves and load up an app which I am to debug using VS 2010. I breezed through the initial bugs noticing and correcting them quickly. Then I came across stuff I'd never needed or done in programming before. As a consequence I'm mildly baffled but I'm trying to figure out what they were doing when I get told to move on. The rest I completed. They ask me questions, I ask them questions and we're done.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Technology (Sacramento, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call from in-house recruiter, phone interview with department manager, final was in-house panel interview with team. Overall the interview process is straight forward. People there are nice and polite.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Direct Technology in January 2015.

Interview

First you speak with a recruiter who works directly on behalf of the company. I thought my recruiter was a nice guy. He gave me a shot despite my relatively low experience, given I am at junior level and this was a more senior-level position.

However, when you arrive onsite, it may be a completely different story. There are several departments within Direct Technology, so your mileage may vary.

After the fizz buzz programming challenge, I was interviewed or *ahem* interrogated by two higher management employees. One was practically shouting at me half the time for my lack of familiarity with X or Y technology, while the other just sheepishly peeked at my resume and didn't say a word. Granted, I see he was looking for someone with a very particular skill set and experience, but there was no need to be so angry! Not a good first impression at all.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Direct Technology (Roseville, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I'm a self-taught junior guy. Had all of 2 months experience when the recruiter reached out to me (I didn't apply). Said they were offering only $20-25/hr. Very personable guy, moved on to a phone screen with him (he is however non-technical so he just wrote down my answers) and felt I did pretty well. Classes/OOP, what's an abstract class, an override, polymorphism, WCF services, threading, etc. Didn't know everything but got a lot of the questions pretty solidly. Some general programming stuff, some specific domain knowledge.

I read the reviews here on Glassdoor and was VERY wary going in, but hey, I'm just getting started in the industry, why not give it a shot?

Moved on to an interview. Was told I would be doing a "simple test" just printing out some text for the first stage. I laughed when I got there. "We're doing fizzbuzz, aren't we?". Yep, fizzbuzz. Recruiter watched me implement it, literally jotted down the time taken on a piece of paper, then they brought in two guys, one a technical lead type and the other a manager. Did a test where you debug a broken web application; you keep hitting "run" and it keeps breaking and you try to fix it. Breezed through the first parts but stumbled on the later ones. Didn't expect to do great, did have only 2mo .NET at the time. No biggie. Was just kind of feeling this position out, as it's early in my career.

Then I talked to them both. The tech guy described their work, what they did and with what technologies, while the other grilled on personality and work style. This is the part that really rubbed me the wrong way. To be frank, the latter had a nasty personality, and confirmed all the horrible things I read here. Said they use Fizzbuzz because some people "can't code their way out of a paper bag", really badgered me for not giving satisfactory answers to how I would handle coding "Without requirements" (yes, they literally asked that) and similar questions trying to assess how much work they could squeeze out of you. This made them seem like a chopshop, and I'm not surprised they're reaching out to very green juniors when they really want mid to senior people; they probably can't keep good talent with a toxic environment like that.

In the end I got a call a day or too later saying they weren't moving forward. No biggie. Didn't expect to get it given my experience level. The technical guy was a quiet, nice, bearded nerd who I'd probably enjoy learning from, but the other guy was a window into a broken company culture and it's probably best I steer clear.

They said they use regexes heavily for some file format translation they're doing and that sounded interesting to me, but sadly their test didn't address regexes at all. A shame, because that's an area where I'm VERY strong, from my previous self-taught web development experience in Perl, PHP, JS, etc.

Otherwise, I was surprised how very sensible the technical portion of their interview process was. The broken web app thing seemed to apply directly to the kind of work done and give a good feel where a person stands. It's interesting that such a seemly broken company has such a sensible screening process (compared to the algorithmic questions, brain teasers, and whiteboard coding I've heard horror stories of other companies using)

(the reviews here also read as being largely phony and that was a HUGE red flag for me)

Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Technology (Roseville, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Long, and long. This company shows no consideration for the candidate, red flag from the get go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.