EMD Serono Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

EMD Serono Interview Questions

Interviews at EMD Serono

2.7

Scientist Interview

Interview

normal process, group presentation, employee interview, no HR interview. They asked mostly scientific question, no HR behavior question. It takes almost a whole day. Finally, hiring manager escort out.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

In overall I had a great experience interviewing with EMD Serono in Billerica, MA. The whole process took about 3 weeks. First, I had a phone interview with the talent acquisition team and the week after, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She asked some question about my experience and background and explained about the position. After a week, I went for an on- site interview. Everyone was super nice and friendly which helped a lot since I was a bit nervous.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Rockland, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview by HR first, then Hiring Manager followed by an on site interview with total 4 members of the marketing team and HR. The team never got back to me saying I was not selected, even after several follow-ups. It was only after the application process closed, did I realize that I was not selected. Extremely unprofessional and poor way of managing interviews and the candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you'd like to tell us about yourself, that's not on your resume?   Answer Question

Rebate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Rockland, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Met with 4 people from department. Including Director and direct report manager. Director gave me perspective of company and direct report manager relayed some of the position duties. One of the interviewers seemed less than prepared as they had few questions and it seemed that I had to carry the interview

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you ever had to do within a job   Answer Question

End User Services - Specialist (IT Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Billerica, MA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. He goes over the requirements and what they're looking for in the position and sets up a phone interview with me, and the two guys for the upcoming week.

I get on the phone interview and neither of the two guys seemed enthusiastic about hiring or interviewing (they wouldn't even say exactly what the salary would be). They offered that I could come in for an in-person interview so I could see 'how the commute was', and that since one of the guys was out of the office for a week that I could come on-site in 2 weeks (I thought that was kind of weird, but I guess made since since one of the guys would be out, but figured they'd be more eager to get somebody on board right away).

2 weeks later I got an email back and they set up a date for me to come in, which honestly surprised me as I figured they would have forgotten about it. I come on-site and get there and after signing in with the receptionist, some guy at the front desk starts arguing with her over something. Eventually the interviewers meet me and we go to the conference room.

As I'm sitting there talking about my skill sets and background, I look over and one guy is sitting there drawing/doodling on my resume and didn't seem like he was interested in even having me there and wanted no part of it. At one point I brought up the name of an IT person within the company and asked what influence he had over the department, he asked 'Where did you get his name?' (where do you think I found it, smh...). They didn't make any mention of what the salary would be and the rest of the interview was pretty generic. Too bad, because I thought one of the guys who interviewed me actually seemed cool.

After the interview, the other guy completely walks away without saying goodbye or anything, but the first one had the courtesy to say thanks and shake my hand. Shortly after that, the front desk yells out that the next candidate is waiting in front of my face. Gee, thanks.

Several weeks passed with no follow up. The interview process was dragged out longer than it needed to be and they seemed to take no interest over the phone or in person, so why they had me come in I have no idea. After reading all the negative reviews on here and my interactions with the people at this location, it made me realize that I dodged a bullet by not hearing back, which is the most positive thing I can take away from this experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear this guy's name   1 Answer

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Serono in January 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was very un professional. She seemed very defensive, argumentative and complaining. If she is what this company stands for - they are bound to have a pathetic life culture

I told her I wasn’t comfortable continuing further

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EMD Serono.

Interview

The interview process was frustrating. Applied for the position, within 2 weeks had a 30 minute phone interview. The send a personality test, which comes from MercK and comes in 3 different languages. (goes directly to spam folder) Didn't hear anything back for 2 months. Eventually got a call saying I had made it to the next level for a onsite interview. HR person wanted me to come in within 2 days for an interview, when I denied stating I was on vacation she kept trying to get me to commit to a date without looking at my calendar while on the phone. I asked multiple times to email me a list of available times or details, which she denied. After telling her 4 times I needed to look at my calendar, and asking her to email the conversation I mentioned I would reach out to the other HR Person. ( I was walking in a rainstorm and could see my calendar on my phone) I called the other HR manager from a previous screening and figured out the situation. Extremely frustrated.

Interview Questions

• Random questions from the direct job listing and my resume   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono.

Interview

Interview process was fairly routine for roles like this. However, the follow-up after the on-site was one of the worst I've ever had. I heard nothing until I emailed about a week later and I got an extremely vague answer that they'd let me know as soon as there was a decision. I finally heard back almost FOUR WEEKS after I had been on-site. The recruiting team needs better communication.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict at work if someone disagrees with you?   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Haverhill, MA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I was asked to do a phone screen to discuss the role further and was sent a variety of times which was nice but the phone call itself was awful! The recruiter was not engaged, did not interject, the history/role description given was clearly something that had been prepared and they were reading.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my HR experience. Every question asked was generic. When I asked questions the recruiter was unable to answer them or did not know the answer. I at one point had to ask if they were still on the call. The overall experience was unprofessional which is disappointing for an organization that is well known and established.   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Serono (Nashville, TN (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Brief set of questions with little in the way of feedback or interaction. If I made it through the screening, the hiring manager would have met with me. If I made it through that, I'd head to HQ for a final.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.