FX Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at FX Alliance

2.2

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FX Alliance (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manager during first round, and then with IT Head, HR manager and CEO during second round. Hiring manager was very excited about my unique and diverse talents and career path that were seen as a major plus and beneficial to the dept and overall organization. They get back to you on decision within a relatively short time.

Interview Questions

• Current rate for a currency pair and related rollover earnings   1 Answer

MIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at FX Alliance (New York, NY (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

It was standard

Senior Developer .NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FX Alliance (New York, NY (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone ineterview with Hiring Manager. A person with thick Indian accent. I had trouble understanding questions. Did not want to go for inperson interview becuase I though the person I have spoken to had an attitude. Decide to go anyways...couple of rounds of technical questions on Multi Threading, OO and database.

Interview Questions

Did not like the people. Not worth leaving curren job to work with people I don't like during interview.

Senior Developer - Portfolio OMS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FX Alliance.

Interview

Just to give a perspective, i come from a strong technical position from a HFT firm.

They handout out a 30 min written test, taken out of an online java server side questionnaire. Get your own papers to solve them as they didn't supply them to me.

If you clear the test, you will be interviewed by their technical cadre.

The interviewers have a thick accent and uncommunicative , not a single smile. They seem to have a condescending attitude for others. I understand the difference between being proud of your system vs looking down on others.

I guess the culture of the company shows up in the interviewers attitude - one of the interviewers (snr developer) ends with "okay, i have asked what i am told to ask. i will call the next interviwer" - seriously, are u following a written script!

The second interviewer( technical manager) never had a clear flow of thought. he asks a question, probably, expecting a pre framed answer. When i try to logically reason out, he gets disinterested and jumps to a different question.

Interview Questions

• After explaining how i achieved zero fullGC, he says, "Aah, its all it is just -D configuration, no coding right?" :)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.