Finger Lakes Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews for Top Jobs at Finger Lakes Community College

Sort:

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canandaigua, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Finger Lakes Community College (Canandaigua, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The Financial Aid office supplied me with the details of the Work Study positions that were available and I contacted the Director of the Honors House, Curtis Nehring Bliss, via email. He responded and we set up a date and time for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked had to do with explaining why I would be perfect for the job.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Finger Lakes Community College.

Interview

Applied online. Was called for an interview approximately 2-3 weeks later. Initial interview with search committee included presentation. Follow up interview one week later with hiring manager and supervisor's boss. Entire process from application to offer took approximately 1 1/2 months.

Interview Questions

• As the only person that will be in this role at the college, how will you decide what to focus your energies on?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canandaigua, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Finger Lakes Community College (Canandaigua, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Two interviews: first with the search committee where lots of behavioral based questions were asked along with a required presentation and the second with the hiring manager and AVP. While it took quite a while to get a response back initially from the resume, the first interview was one week and the next interview was scheduled at the end of the second week. And two weeks after that, I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you where an initiative did not go as you had expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate significantly.

One-Stop Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Finger Lakes Community College (Rochester, NY (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

There were 6 people in the interview panel; one person from Human Resources, Admissions, Financial Aid, the Director of One-Stop Specialists, the Director of the Victor Campus Center and a faculty member. They went around the table, each asking pretty generic questions about my comfort, the what if questions such as what would you do if you witnessed a faculty member giving a student the wrong information, and computer skills, etc. They were not really thought provoking exept for the 'why should we hire you over the other candidates'.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over the other candidates   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you came across a faculty member giving the wrong information to a student.   1 Answer

Full Time Tenure Tack Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canandaigua, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Finger Lakes Community College (Canandaigua, NY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

One of the best. 15 minute teaching demonstration followed with a interview comprising of 5 faculty members. I think so far it was the best interview that I had. They got the best out of me. open-ended questions. Thoughtful questions. They were also well prepared with answers for my questions. I knew at the end of the interview that I had a good shot at the interview. In about a week the vice president called and made me an offer. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you think you will teach diverse students?
      2. Why are you interested in this position?
      3. What do you think you can add to the department?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.