Flowserve Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 Mar 2019

2.7

Sort:

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Vernon, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

First you do a phone interview with an HR person. If they approve of you, then they setup a phone interview with the future direct supervisor. If the direct supervisor approves of you, then a final panel interview in scheduled. The panel interview is composed of managers and one HR person. They all take turns in asking questions, then at then end you have a chance to ask questions. After the interview, it takes about a week to hear a response.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important things in project management?   2 Answers

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I lived out of State and they gave me 5000.00 to move there but layed off after the job most of there Welders couldn’t do was done. They asked what kind of welder I was? I said a good one . What they wanted to know was I a stick, Tig, or mig welder. Where I’m from you best be good at it all.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flowserve (Deer Park, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. It consisted of a tour of the shop and lunch at a local restaurant. The interview was a combination of personal "get to know each other" talk and unforced questions and answers about the job (career aspirations, qualifications for the job, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What is/was your favorite class in school?

(No very difficult questions were asked)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moosic, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Moosic, PA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewer asked for my project management history/experience

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon, CA (US)

Interview

Came in for an interview at the Vernon office. Interview went well but never heard back, even after I left several phone messages.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any difficult questions that I remember. They asked the usual tell me about yourself type questions, as well as what I did for my senior design project.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flowserve (Norfolk, VA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

College recruitment process. Very rough process couple of days with tens of other interviewees, with case studies and group projects. There were several open positions (over 30) and 80-90 candidates. Locations were distributed throughout the US. Candidates were asked to select 5 preferred locations. Not sure offers/selections were based on the preferences. The position I was offered was not a preferred location.

Interview Questions

• Two days of constant interviewing. I got asked all possible questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hesitant about the location I was offered.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Portsmouth, VA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Met Flowserve at on campus career fair, showed them my resume and was invited to sign up for an on-campus interview for the next week. Was then invited to the candidate assessment center in Portsmouth, VA. 250 candidates invited for 60 positions, with about 100 Flowserve employees as evaluators. Started with a group activity, then a solo presentation on a case-study, then a leadership interview and technical interview.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Woodridge, IL (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

It was very casual, there was a panel of 4, two Senior Sales managers, Operations Manager, Sales Engineer. They mostly asked about my back ground and work experience. It was a very candid and open interview. More likely to determine my personality type etc.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had working in industrial sites?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flowserve (Springville, UT (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I did an on-site tour, which basically turned into a preliminary interview. That turned into an official interview with the hiring manager and the manager for the position. There was then a phone screening. Typically the phone screening occurs before the onsite interview, bit they did it backwards since I already had an on-site tour.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview for internship was through school career website. interview focused on both technical and interpersonal skills. I have 3 interviewers each from different roles, engineering, Sales, Customer Service. Customer Service is one of the most important value for this company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.