Flowserve Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Flowserve Interview Questions

Interviews at Flowserve

2.7

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Flowserve (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Interview was a disaster - arrived a few minutes early as typical, HR manager was dumbfounded what to do, no agenda or anyone lined up for me to meet. When I met hiring manager he couldn't stay focused or look me in the eyes when answering questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

Horrible, they didn’t even know what to ask and made the whole situation awkward. I would hate to work at a place where they don’t even know how to interview people for engineering roles.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve in July 2019.

Interview

Easy apply process. Setup for interview cancelled twice because of no communication between departments. Very unorganized.
    Interview was normal but very fast. Team uninterested in actually giving interviews or looking for good candidates.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve in April 2019.

Interview

Filled out application online. Was contacted by a recruiter in roughly two weeks. Phone interview followed up with an on-site interview about a week later. Very laid back and the Manager and Engineer I interviewed with were great guys, easy to talk to. No text book interview questions, more of a casual conversation of my work experience and skill set. They both seemed very impressed with my background. Been over a month with no further communication, at least send a canned email response.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flowserve (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. It took almost two months from HR interview. For the onsite interview I was told I was going to get the expenses paid; however, after rejecting the offer I was never reimbursed but for the airfare only and had to pay the one night at the hotel at $200+ per night.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at Flowserve (Pasadena, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

They first set-up a conference call to interview you. They then call you in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, you are given a tour of the facilities. Very laid back environment

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flowserve (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy. You interview with the supervisor, manager and two other employees (sales, product engineer, etc.) . Questions were not hard, behavior based to see if you fit within their culture.

Talent Management Consultant (Aka LMS Administrator) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Irving, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

This company have been refreshing and renaming this requisition since this position has been open in January 2019 and have yet to be filled. They have now updated the job title to LMS Administrator from multiple roles into one job.

I asked why this position has been opened for such a long time to which they (5 interviewees separately) all replied they want to make sure they are hiring the right candidate. Upon paying close attention and observing, I think the problem is the hiring manager who seems to have no idea of the true role of the LMS Administrator as she lamented in her condescending tone during the interview that this is all new to her because she is more of a data person. In addition I think she doesn't work well with men as she kept asking if I had a problem working with women because most my prior bosses were all male. I found that to be odd and immediately knew this may not be the job for me based on our interaction during the interview.

She asked about my research learning about the company and I told her that I read the reviews of others on Glassdoor to gauge and compile my own opinion. She was quick to dismiss it all, a sign that this person was not the type of manager I consider to be a good judge of character or possess the character of a Learning and Development Leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had a deadline to meet, what steps did you take to complete the job and the outcome?   Answer Question

Precision Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Bridgeport, NJ (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview only took a couple or hours. Came in and sat down with the Production manager and was asked about my background. After I had a shop tour with the shop supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience, and do you have experience in reading blueprints and using mesuring tools.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flowserve (Springville, UT (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I did an on-site tour, which basically turned into a preliminary interview. That turned into an official interview with the hiring manager and the manager for the position. There was then a phone screening. Typically the phone screening occurs before the onsite interview, bit they did it backwards since I already had an on-site tour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.