FortuneBuilders Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FortuneBuilders Interview Questions

Interviews at FortuneBuilders

3.1

Business Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

Interview started with HR, and then the sales floor director. He would do role plays with you and ask lots of questions. Then they would bring all the sales directors in the room and interview you as a group to determine which team you would go on.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

Very unprofessional. I waited outside their building for 20-25 minutes until someone got me. During the interview, I felt rushed and it seemed like the person who was interviewing me just wanted me out ASAP. After the interview I was told that I would get a call back that week and never got one. Completely ghosted. It's common courtesy to let applicants know if they got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What I knew about the company.   1 Answer

4 Feb 2020 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the team here at FortuneBuilders. Our goal is to always provide a great candidate experience and in this case, we fell short. We will take your feedback and improve our processes to be more responsive to our candidates. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review and give us this learning opportunity.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

first, a phone interview was conducted. They actually called me by surprise but the initial interview went well, about 25 minutes long. Then was invited to do a in person interview, be prepared and study the info that they give you before that stage. Its pretty important. Just be yourself and theyll know if youre a good fit. It was a great learning point for me and came as a positive experience.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for a position as a Software Developer between November - December of 2018. The process easily took over a month, having multiple phone interviews, a take home coding test, and 2 in person interviews.

The phone interviews I had were actually very exciting and productive. Those I spoke to seemed to really match up with my philosophies on both work ethic and software development.

Afterwards I was given a take home coding project, which was fairly standard, a bit intensive on the amount of work involved considering how many interviews the entire process took.

Then had an in person interview with the Development team. It was somewhat annoying the interview was me being interviewed by 4+ people, but understandable. What turned me off of the position at this point was the Tech Lead and Project Manager both seemed to be pretty stuck up, and just didn't seem like fun people to work with. Once I was leaving that interview one of the other members walked me out and I asked him how he liked the company and how long he's been there. He said good things but mentioned he had only been there for a few months. At that point I looked up on linkedin members of their Engineering team, and they all have only been there for a few months including the Tech lead. That's when I started seeing red flags about turnover in this department.

Afterwards I was invited for a second in person interview with the Marketing team, which went well and the people involved were very personable.

Now initially when I started talking to this company I mentioned the Salary range I was looking for was 75k-80k. Once they came to me with an offer they only offered 70k, and their internal recruiter said to be "Yaknow the tech team wanted to offer 65k but they really liked you and I convinced them to offer 70k cause we'd really like you to come on board". If that were so, they would have made an offer in the range I initially thought I was interviewing for. He also mentioned that I should really make a decision soon so he could tell any potential other interviewees about their prospects. This rubbed me the wrong way as it made me feel rushed to make a decision on a lowball offer. Since I felt rushed, I initially accepted the offer. After a few days of thinking it over it was very clear to me I did not work at this company that seemed to have a cult like atmosphere, and seems to be very friendly up front, but the culture seems to be much more rude in person and in reality.

For the low salary and chance of working in an environment I wouldn't enjoy, I emailed back the internal recruiter mentioning that I had changed my mind and would be declining the offer, after thanking them for the opportunity. The recruiter never even replied to my message, which definitely made me feel like my decision not to work for them, was the correct decision.

Interview Questions

• How should you handle differing npm versions between projects?   1 Answer

11 Mar 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us around our interview process. We aim to make it an open, impactful, and engaging process which is why we have potential team members meeting some of the extended team. It sounds like we didn't provide a great experience with a couple of this conversations and will look to use your feedback to improve our process in the future. While we were disappointed that you rescinded your acceptance; we wish you the best of luck in your career endeavors.

Interview Interview

Interview

1. Phone Screen
    2. Technical Interview
    3. Hiring Manager

I enjoyed my conversations with all three interviewers however I am left with a bad taste in my mouth because requests for updates on the position were ignored and the job posting was removed from the company site. To me that's unprofessional and it is a common courtesy to let an individual know that they are no longer being considered for a position.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

20 Jun 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for not creating an exceptional experience for you and that we did not follow up with you after your final interview with final decisions. Our Recruiting Team is always looking for ways to improve and better our processes, so we will take the opportunity to train more and make sure our processes are being followed. Again thank you for the feedback and we wish you all the best!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted a week and half later by a recruiter for a phone screening. This lasted for about an hour and consisted mostly of him detailing the responsibilities of the role. I was asked the basic, "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why do you want to leave your current job?" questions. At the end of the call we set up an in-person interview for the following week.

A week later I have a one on one interview with the director of HR. The interview lasts for a little over an hour, and I'm asked questions about my past experience and my goals. At the end of the interview I'm told the head of sales will review HR's interview notes and then schedule a third interview, and that I can expect to be contacted within the week.

That was the last time I heard from the company. A week went by and I didn't receive any type of response, negative or positive. This is very disappointing considering the interviews went well, and I was specifically told I would be contacted. What's up with that FortuneBuilders? I took time out of my day to meet with you and I couldn't even get an email back? Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

16 May 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview feedback with us. First off, please let me apologize that we did not execute on the expectations that were set in your interview. We should have communicated with you the next steps and we apologize that we dropped the ball. We will take this feedback and look at our process to ensure we are treating all candidates with respect and respecting their time. Thank you again for your feedback.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview with the internal recruitment representative. The next day I had my 1:1 and really enjoyed learning about the company culture, which apparently includes clapping it out after successes, group dinners, a book club, and more. Then an interview was set with the sales team. The recruitment person coached me on providing fuller responses to questions about my short and long term goals and interest in the company and I went through their materials (brochure, informational video, testimonials) a second time to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview with the two senior staff was very strange. Their tone was antagonistic, asking questions not in a conversational way, but almost as if they expected to catch me in a lie. One fellow did not understand that when you have 2 jobs at the same employer and one job ends in a particular month and the other starts in the following month that means you got promoted and it's not an "employment gap." I was asked questions about my former industry which did not pertain to my ability to be their next Account Executive and would have required a much greater background of understanding on their part. I was asked multiple questions about my personal credit history and retirement investments. An understanding of financial concepts may be tangentially required for a position that relates to student tuition collections, but these questions felt invasive. Overall the sales team gave off a dismissive vibe and it soured my view of the company. I received an email a few days later saying they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

8 Mar 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt our hiring managers came across in a manner that does not match our culture. We are always looking for ways to improve our process and will share your feedback with the team. We wish you all the best in the future!!

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Set up very quickly. Seems very professional. Felt like they were looking for specific key words. Overall wasn't too bad of an interview, had a bit of a MLM feel to it.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for personal development? (Personally or Professionally)   Answer Question

Technology Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Step 1. Phone.
    Step 2. Face to face with HR
    Step 3. With Hire Director
    Step 4. Meet with Network engineer

The entire process took a total of 2 weeks and was completely enjoyable. Everyone from the HR department to the Director and staff members made me feel welcome. This was the best interview I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

7 Mar 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the interview process! To hear that it was the best interview you have gone through is incredible and we will continue to work on improving our process. We are excited that you have accepted the offer for the Technology Support Engineer role and we truly believe that you will make a huge impact here at FortuneBuilders! Congratulations!

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders in January 2017.

Interview

Applied and got an email and phone call for an interview. It was an over-the -phone interview and the day of nobody contacted me. I reached out to see if they were going to reschedule and didn't hear back. Then I got an email saying thanks for taking the time to interview with us but we decided to go with other candidates. It felt like a boilerplate email since I never interview with anyone! I don't do business like that and that's a red flag. So everything happens for a reason.

13 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive a call for your scheduled phone screen nor a response to your inquiry. The Recruiting Team is very surprised and disappointed to read this as it is out of the ordinary. We will be looking into this and will do all that we can to ensure that this never happens again in the future. Thank you so much for submitting your feedback as this will help us improve our systems moving forward.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.