Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Freescale Semiconductor

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

Negotiation

No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Other Interview Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview

on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Questions

• try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2014.

Interview

There was an online application and a phone interview. The online application is similar to most other online applications, and you can include a cover letter. If you know or are connected to a manager at Freescale, they can expedite the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a problem to solve?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2008.

Interview

This might be a little bit special case as Freescale was trying to setup a local sw team from the group of motorola who get just layedoff. There was a close relationship between these two companies and you know most of the persons. Therefore the interview is kind of general and many are puzzle or high level questions.

Interview Questions

• how to deal with a big project   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Bucharest (Romania)).

Interview

Very good atmosphere. The interviewers were all friendly. The questions are highly technical and specific but not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• You have to know details about operating systems design and some OOP. Some of the questions deal with programming language specifics (C in particular).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. They also seem to make a big deal out of not accepting immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Bengaluru).

Interview

usually there will be 1 written test and 2 level of technical interview followed by HR interview
    Written test had 3 section of 20 question multiple choice
    1. C
    2. Operating System
    2. General on wireless

Technical interview was mainly on C,,OS,data structures

Interview Questions

• any good example of priority inversion problem   2 Answers

Negotiation

not much negotiation as they gave me good hike more than what i had expected

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mostly Technical questions, basics of OS and Computer Architecture will help. Since my interview was for so software role so no electronics stuff was asked. Some puzzles were also asked as part of the process. Total 3 interviews were taken. Two technical and one HR.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a ques mixing computer architecture and OS fundamentals. Mainly regarding caches   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.