FreshWorks Studio Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

Other3%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at FreshWorks Studio

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online through the company website. The interview had 6 parts to it 1. Screening call with HR personnel 2. Technical Interview 3. Assessment Task/Assignment 4. Assessment Review 5. HR Manager + CEO round for cultural fit 6. Offer call with COO I had a great interview experience and the HR person who got in touch with me initially handled the entire process till the end. FreshWorks always got back to me on time and answered all questions I had, inbetween the different interview rounds, via email.

Interview Questions
  • What, according to you, is the most important SCRUM ceremony and why?
    Answer Question

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in May 2021

Interview

Interview process started with a nice chat with a HR chap, the usual stuff. Next stage was a technical interview with one of the founders which was again a nice chat. Third stage is what they call their "selection test". I won't go into too much detail on it but there is a certain expectation of time to spend, which is pretty significant. After that the test is submitted(git repo, upload code, explanatory document, etc) and supposedly reviewed for completion of task, code quality etc. It was at this stage things got odd. While the rest of the process had been very speedy, to give credit where due, this waiting stage dragged. 5 days after I submitted the test I got an email saying that after "reviewing your selection test" they would be moving forward with other candidates, and would I like feedback. Ok, fair enough, completely understandable and I am always looking to grow, so I requested feedback. 3 days later I get the feedback. Apparently I missed several key requirements, a frontend framework was not used(despite not being required), and I had used PHP which "is not a language we use at FreshWorks anymore", despite the test saying use whatever languages you wish, and the previous 2 interviews making clear that I had strong PHP skills and would use the same in the test, which was fine at that stage but evidently not in review.... As far as the missed requirements I in fact fulfilled every part of their test(even their "nice to have" requirements), and provided screenshots in reply to the "feedback" showing the same. Honestly glad that I did not go any further in the process given the evident complete lack of any attention paid to their reviewing my test submission. I cannot overstate how obvious said features were but were counted as missed. Overall would not recommend, if the quality of their development staff(presuming they are the ones who reviewed the test) is represented by that feedback I wonder how they manage to find their laptop's power button in the morning, let alone actually code.

Interview Questions
  • My background, experience, languages, etc

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview had 5 stages: 1. Phone call with HR. basic information and introduction 2. Interview with their technical consultant. General technical questions 3. Take-home assessment. a full application with frontend and backend. 4. Technical interview with 2 of the developers. reviewing project code and asking general questions about the project. 5. Interview with 2 co-founders and the HR manager. The take-home assessment was a bit long for the hiring process. You have to dedicate at least a full working day to complete it. This plus 6 hours interviews will result in 2 working days!! For the project, you had to build a blackened with at least 2 APIs and a frontend application with a modern javascript technology like Reactjs. You also have to have a database designed to save the data as well. All the interviews were fine and the people seemed friendly, except the last one! The co-founders were trying to undermine my abilities and were constantly asking questions about my past and resume instead of knowing how would I contribute to their company! They literally said you are not what you are presenting and your level is lower than what you are saying. The interview felt more like an interrogation and definitely made me feel uncomfortable. Also, all of this was after me acing all the technical interviews and giving them a polished project with full documentation. If you can't offer competitive salaries that's fine! don't try to lower other people. After a week they contacted me to offer me the position but I rejected because I don’t want to work in a place where I'm not valued and the co-founders behave like this. These were all red flags to me and also for the last interview and the one in which they wanted to give me the offer they didn't even bother to ask me what time works according to my schedule as if I had nothing better to do. I interviewed lots of companies and non of them proceeded like this. From what I got they try to undermine your abilities so they can offer you lower compensation. My message is know your worth and don't fall into this trap.

Interview Questions
  • How does react work? explain virtual dom. explain some design patterns in backend
  • How would authenticate a user? explain jwt and how it works.
5 people found this interview helpful

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio

Interview

First screening with recruiter for 30min to talk about myself and the company. Next was talk with the one of the developer to go over my skills and experience. After that was coding challenge to move on the next step.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in Feb 2021

Interview

Round 1 [20-25 mins]: Introduction call with HR. > This round was a casual conversation with HR about the company culture and the position. Round 2 [45 mins]: iOS Technical Round > In this round, I was asked basic iOS and cocoa touch questions. Nothing fancy- just standard iOS questions around networking, threading, Auto layout, etc. Take-home assignment [3-4 days]: > After round 2 they gave me a take-home assignment to make an iOS app from scratch in a few days. Round 3 [45 mins]: Assignment code and architecture review with 2 members from the iOS team: > This round was more about how I have designed the app and what was my thought process behind the overall architecture. Round 4 [45 mins]: Leadership and cultural fit discussion with CEO, COO, and HR Manager: - - -> This round was mostly about my past experience, the work I have done, my expectations from the role, and to make sure I align with the company culture. Next was the offer discussion with the COO. The overall process took around a month, was super smooth, and there was no communication gap in the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • iOS - Networking, Threading, UI basics, Auto Layout, etc. Cultural- past experiences, leadership qualities
2 people found this interview helpful

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in Feb 2021

Interview

Four steps, started with a call with HR/Talent Acquisition, then a more technical round where I was asked about my knowledge in recruitment strategy and technologies. The third round was a Selection Test assignment where I had to source for a position and the fourth round was a Selection Test Presentation and HR round to learn more about my values and the companies values. Overall it was a smooth process from start to finish, quite lengthy but I got a good idea of the company and team.

Interview Questions
  • Does quality matter when submitting or sourcing candidates?

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (Victoria, BC) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview process with FreshWorks Studio was great! It was comprised of 4 parts: a 30 minute phone interview, a technical interview, a technical challenge and review and then a last interview with the HR Manager, CEO and COO. My initial conversation with Resourcing and Talent Acquisition was over the phone, and this person remained my point of contact throughout the duration of the interview process. During the call I learned a lot about FreshWorks, the core values, and their origin story, and I spoke about myself, some of my work history, and my future career goals. I really enjoyed speaking with this person and appreciated how friendly and responsive they were to my questions. The next step was a technical interview via video call. We spoke in more detail about my relevant history and education, and I answered some questions pertaining to the tech stack used by FreshWorks. I was so impressed by how friendly, warm and welcoming these initial calls were. I was encouraged to ask questions throughout, and they were always answered promptly, considerately and in detail. After the second meeting, they contacted me to take part in the selection test. This involved building a basic Full Stack application using the technologies of your choice. The instructions for the application were clear and direct, and I appreciated that there was a flexible amount of time before it was due back. Again, I received prompt and detailed responses to my questions. I really appreciated having contact throughout the process. After submitting the technical test, they invited me to review my submission with one of FreshWorks Full Stack Developers and the Head of Software Engineering. They asked me great questions about the logic and reasoning behind the choices I made while building the application, and also asked technical questions, a couple of which stumped me! It was a great learning experience though, and I really enjoyed the conversation. Finally, I was invited to the last round of the interview process with the HR Manager, CEO and COO. Admittedly, I was nervous! This round was scheduled for 45 minutes and the topics covered ranged from career and education history and past achievements, to plans for future endeavours, and also some technical questions. The questions asked were challenging, but the interviewers were very kind and encouraging. This interview, just like the previous rounds, felt very much like conversation. I was able to relax and really enjoyed speaking with everyone. During each step of the interview process I was encouraged to ask questions, and they were responded to with detail and consideration. Overall the interview process with FreshWorks was a great experience! Every person I spoke with was warm and welcoming, and the questions were challenging and thought provoking. I knew right after the first telephone conversation that this would be a fantastic place work.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some great questions, one of which was why did I want to work at FreshWorks specifically.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (New Delhi)

Interview

At FreshWorks Studio, Victoria BC, there are four stages for getting hired. First stage is the screening, taken by one lady of HR. Questions will be asked regarding your current job, work done, reason to join FreshWorks and other questions such as 'why you want to join our company' etc. The second stage is the technical round where one of the top management conducted my interview. He will basically ask much more detailed questions such as 'tell me one incident where you helped the company mitigate its exigency' and 'how does your day goes by at your office'. He appears to be intimidating but is simply lacklustre and unrefined. He is quite talkative so do ensure to engage in a conversation with him. And he will interrupt you at times, so expect such idiosyncrasies. The third round is a test project. They gave me a data sheet comprising of time logs and details of their companies. There are certain conditions one need to meet while preparing the reports. If you're given an excel sheet and told to make reports out of it, do use Pivot tables. Initially, the conditions mentioned will seem confusing but once you understand the data, it's a smooth sail. I submitted the work within 3 days. You can do it in lesser time too. They even asked me to prepare an invoice in excel especially in today's world where softwares generate their own invoices once the data is entered. And they talk about making softwares!! The fourth round consists of psychoanalytical questions from the top management. There were four interviewers. VP is quite knowledgeable as he has invested in this company and was asking most of the questions. One of the interviewers went off to sleep during the report review. All in all, a great experience in giving interviews. Nothing to get afraid. One of the interviewers even asked me as to why I wore a shirt and a tie for the interview. Since it's an IT based company, maybe they're used to being dressed in pullovers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

FreshWorks Studio

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in Jan 2021

Interview

Four Rounds: 1.First Round: The talent acquisition head does a basic screening of the profile 2.Second Round - For a business analyst interview , the interviewee starts asking technical architecture questions - I pass through it - But the JD mentioned basic 3.Selection Test: No clear problem statement - Asked to provide 1.Userflows, 2.Technical Approach Document - Submitted 4.Review of Summitted Selection Docs: The fourth round was suppose to be discussion over the documents submitted. The two interviewees - One happens to be c-suite and the other a "technical head" - Come in late to the interview without reviewing the documents and start asking random questions that they see on the screen- Towards the end I ask them have they read the docs that I submitted , basis which I was sent to the fourth round - One said "No". One was clueless on the problem statement. Choose at your own discretion.

Interview Questions
  • 1.One significant project you worked 2.How big is your current company

Application

Interview

4 component interview process. First a simple behavioral with HR on the phone. Second interview was with a developer chatting about technical experiences. Third component was to develop an application for them. Final component ended with chatting about the application with many higher ups. Only thing I should mention is that the pay is quite low for Canada standards. If you're looking for 76k which is the average in Canada, you'll be offered lower. Overall, people seemed great. However, the salary was too low and the products they worked on didn't seem like a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews