FreshWorks Studio Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FreshWorks Studio Interview Questions

Interviews at FreshWorks Studio

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2020.

Interview

First an HR phone screening.
    Then a quick 30 minute technical interview. Nothing too difficult, your usual android questions and ehat have you worked on
    Then technical exam consisting of using giphy api to build an app.
    After that I guess the offer's next but I didn't get any further

Interview Questions

• Use GIPHY API to create app   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio.

Interview

The company has a very long recruitment process. The job description is good but doesn't match their expectations. The company is looking for experienced professionals for an entry-level job. The process and interview questions need to be improved

Interview Questions

• The interviewers were more focused on the work that I hadn't done. They did not want to learn more about my experience and understand the skills I already have. The interviewer was rude.
      The role was for an entry level position but their expectations were very high   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in October 2020.

Interview

The initial round was HR interview with some excellent discussion and introduction about the company, work they do etc. It was very good and I was able to ask a few questions.

The second round was technical. This was skipped as the opening was urgent.😋 Yay!!

Instead, I was given a simple assignment task - fetch data from API and present it to the user. Few conditions for development alongside a few bonus criteria. I submitted my work before the deadline of 3 days (3 days initially, later extended to 1 week). Unfortunately, I didn't get through this, though I completed all the requirements. I felt like they've already selected someone and showed me the door.

I really enjoyed the interview and doing the assignment every step except the end result. It's all just a step to improve 🤠.... Soo happy to fail.

🦊 Pro tip:
    Prepare for questions mostly on kotlin rather than Java.

The review and interview phase is very slow, be patient. Expected turnaround time is like 2-3 weeks.

Overall it's a nice company to work for, with a very good boss. Check the website, instagram, you can know some good information about their projects and an incredible growth in the past 6/7 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join us?   1 Answer
    • Willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • What's the current project you are working on?   1 Answer
    • One project that's your favourite, made you happy...etc   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Interview

There are 4 rounds of interview. No matter how well you do in first 3 rounds. They are going to judge you only from the last round.

Advice to their hiring process- Please do the 4th round first and knock out the candidates at that time only. Don’t waste candidates time by giving them long assignments.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what developers used to do in your previous company?   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening, then went to a video call with a member of the team, and then I was assigned a project to complete for them to evaluate.

Interview Questions

• They give a scenario for an app and ask you what sort of problems there could be regarding security or usability, and what sort of implementation you would consider   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio.

Interview

Just basic knowledge and a take home test. They gave my references a long 2 page form to fill out which annoyed them so they sent it to me to fill out for them, it had a lot of inappropriate questions namely like what salary were you making at that your previous job. Highly unprofessional, I turned down the offer because of it.

Interview Questions

• Explain some design patterns, knowledge about technologies that you list, etc.   Answer Question

FreshWorks Studio Response

10 Apr 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for your feedback - we’re always looking to improve our processes and appreciate you bringing this up. We send an initial email to a candidate's references, and in that email, we give the option to fill out a reference form or schedule a brief call to go over the questions over the phone. This process was put in place to allow the candidate's references to pick the communication style they prefer and to be as considerate as possible of a reference's time. A typical reference check call lasts between 5-10 minutes and the form was designed to take no more than this duration to complete, assuming this is the communication method the reference chooses. In respect to the question about the candidate’s current salary, we aim to be competitive in the market and use that number as a reference point to ensure that our offer reflects a positive next step for the candidate. That being said, we have taken your feedback into consideration and have removed this question from the reference conversation. We appreciate how our intention around this question could be misinterpreted and thank you for sharing this opinion. If you have any more feedback that could help us improve, please feel free to reach out via careers@freshworks.io.

Junior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

Process was very long and in depth. Consisted of two phone interviews, a lengthy programming assignment and 3 in-person interviews (two technical and one behavioural - each with 2 interviewers). The interviewers were very kind and the process seemed structured and thought out. Doing well on the assignment is very important as well as being able to explain your implementation on a conceptual level. The effort put in will be recognized later in the process.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a programming task that you did not know how to complete, what are some steps you would go through to find the information you needed? What if your co-workers were too busy to help you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio in December 2018.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was great. I was made to feel very welcomed and at ease from the very beginning. The interviewers were always willing to ask my justification or opinions for, say, a specific design choice, rather than writing off something that may have not been ideal.

Interview Questions

• In addition to questions about my technical knowledge of various software development practices, and technologies, I was asked a lot of questions about my personality and opinions on how to interact and communicate with people. One such question was 'how would you deal with working with a project partner that isn't pulling their weight in the project?'   1 Answer

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

1. 30 minute pre-screen call with a recruiter. These were general questions to see if you're a good fit: "what are you expectations/goals ect"
    2. Technical interview with with COO & 2 Business Analysts present to answer my questions: Some behavioural questions, and some technical. Technical was a rapid fire round of random tech stacks/terminology to see what I knew. (ex: whats JSON)
    3. Take home selection test (they give you a week, it took me probably 8 hours in total with research, but it wasn't too difficult)
    4. Final interview/selection test presentation with the CEO, COO, HR Manager, a member of the Project Management team, and 2 Business Analysts: One hour long, lots of behavioural questions expecting examples of how I've dealt with certain situations in the past (ie: dealing with difficult clients).
    5. Final interview with COO & offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation when a co-worker made you angry?   Answer Question

Intermediate Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshWorks Studio (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and consisted of four steps. First was a screening call with a representative from HR. I then completed a technical interview with a member of the team I would be joining. Next I was asked to complete a technical assignment, and finally I was invited to a final interview. This interview was with the HR Manager, CEO, COO, Department Manager, and member of the department I was applying for. During this interview I reviewed the technical assignment and answered a number of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• HR: How would you handle dealing with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question
    • Technical: What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.