Gate Gourmet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Gate Gourmet Interview Questions

Interviews at Gate Gourmet

2.2

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Very basic interview. 10 min phone call, and then you will be brought in to interview with the manager. They will give you a tour of the facility. Overall the process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • Can you work long hours?   1 Answer

Safety Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online on the careers website and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Recruiter was very interactive and ensured that I was prepared for the interview, very positive experience with the recruiter. He was able to schedule me for an interview.
    On the interview day, the GM and a hiring manager called me 14 minutes after the scheduled time. Very positive interaction with the GM and he was genuinely trying to find out the extent of my experiences, my interpersonal skills and how it relates to the job description.

The hiring manager was a fellow veteran, and decided to question why I did not choose to retire instead, and how I'll only have 12 years to go. I am a job seeker looking for meaningful employment, I am not looking for a counseling session on how I should've went about my career. He doesn't know me beyond my job application, he doesn't know my work ethic. I had explained my reasons for leaving the service, telling him that promotion for my current job is very low, and I continuously seek growth and I believe this is the right route. He responded with, "didn't they tell you that when you took that job?" He then proceeded to base my 8 years of my military experience on the 2 years that I was a general duty corpsman, saying that I'm "medical," like that's really the extent of my 8 years of experience. Like I didnt actually perform safety inspections using OSHA-based guidelines for 6+ years. He then asked if I was applying anywhere else, and I was purely honest and stated that I was applying for a quality assurance job. He then stated "oh yeah that's something along more your experience." I don't know what I said to tick him off, but I'm glad to have pulled my application from them. That interaction speaks volumes on how they treat their workers, seeing as how they're currently facing a class action lawsuit on wage violations. Their websites states that they "take care of their coworkers," but I'm not sure anymore after this interaction.
     The hiring manager is probably right, the other company I applied to is probably a better fit, they treated me with respect, and were genuinely interested not only on what my resume says but my interpersonal skills, my ability to create meaningful connections, the fact that I'm teachable and my ability to find solutions in ambiguous situations. I would rather work where respect is commonplace, where people are open-minded and aren't afraid of new experiences. Glad I pulled my application.

Account Payable Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone interview and then an in-person interview. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and consisted of simple behavior-related questions. The in-person interview was pleasant and the finance manager didn't ask very tough questions.

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

They have a large group of people you go into the training room and put on smocks hair nets etc. They take you out into the food prep areas both hot and cold. Then take you back tell you.if they don't call you in 48 hours that means you don't get the job. Wow not even a chance to have a face to face interview so very unprofessional and they even ask if you have experience (in which I did ) very good experience at that. I would recommend looking at a more professional company.

Interview Questions

• No interview for any of us just lined us all up against the wall and asked each one of us if we had any food service experience that's it.   1 Answer

Store Room Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Romulus, MI (US)).

Interview

Took almost 3 weeks after applying, but they send an email inviting you to do a phone interview. After that they will invite you in for a face to face interview where the mouth swab drug test you. If you pass they will ask for your social security and license. I was hired and it took 2 days before I began orientation.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work here   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview

Entire process took about 4 weeks because of the holiday . Submit application ... email response ... phone interview ... follow up email regarding responses received . Then a phone call to schedule possibility for potential employment

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see a co-worker stealing ?   1 Answer

Equipment Assembler Proccesing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

very cool management they are very friendly and ask about previous work experience of company that i done before .Phone interview also take place before that i done interview .so very great interview, that i ever attend on my life. so cool

Interview Questions

• They Checked background. Ask about previous job experience , and will be polite and genuine on this company. They are very helpful   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had automatic phone interview. That took 15 minutes. Super easy questions. They email me the next day to set up vitral tour and if im selected i can go next step. Hire paperwork

Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Very professional and repetitive. We walked around the same area but two different ppl an explain the same information. This was an unusual way to decide if I personally was a fitting candidate. Since we did not have an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Did we want to do or continue with the interview process.   2 Answers

Flight Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview

The process took a month and a half. I sent my application online on July they called me the next day about an automated phone screening and i got a call for a in person interview 3 weeks later. I went in for a tour and interview and they asked me to come back few days later for another interview with another person. After the interview they told me to wait a week for the result. After two weeks i got a call saying they had picked another person for the position.

They will tell you that you are what they are looking for but don't get your hopes up.

They are not punctual with their time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.