Gate Gourmet Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 138 of over 138 interviews

In Person8%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Orlando, FL) in May 2021

Interview

Very easy and straightforward and relaxed. The manager was very easy to talk to and was very informative about the position and benefits. When I was finished I had a job offer that I accepted

Interview Questions
  • Do you possess a current and valid CDL
    1 Answer

Gate Gourmet

Application

I interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch lief sehr gut organisiert ab und alle offenen Fragen wurden beantwortet. Zudem sind die Gehälter im Durchschnitt höher als bei den meisten in der Branche. Jetzt ist noch abzuwarten auf die Antwort

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gate Gourmet

Application

I interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview

Envío de curriculum, entrevista con Recursos Humanos, entrevista con el responsable del área, oferta de la empresa y respuesta. Todo el proceso ha durado más o menos un mes

Interview Questions
  • Experiencia previa, conocimientos técnicos sobre el puesto en cuestión, razones por el interés en el puesto

Gate Gourmet

Application

I interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview

Very basic interview. 10 min phone call, and then you will be brought in to interview with the manager. They will give you a tour of the facility. Overall the process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you qualified for this position?
  • Can you work long hours?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied online on the careers website and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Recruiter was very interactive and ensured that I was prepared for the interview, very positive experience with the recruiter. He was able to schedule me for an interview. On the interview day, the GM and a hiring manager called me 14 minutes after the scheduled time. Very positive interaction with the GM and he was genuinely trying to find out the extent of my experiences, my interpersonal skills and how it relates to the job description. The hiring manager was a fellow veteran, and decided to question why I did not choose to retire instead, and how I'll only have 12 years to go. I am a job seeker looking for meaningful employment, I am not looking for a counseling session on how I should've went about my career. He doesn't know me beyond my job application, he doesn't know my work ethic. I had explained my reasons for leaving the service, telling him that promotion for my current job is very low, and I continuously seek growth and I believe this is the right route. He responded with, "didn't they tell you that when you took that job?" He then proceeded to base my 8 years of my military experience on the 2 years that I was a general duty corpsman, saying that I'm "medical," like that's really the extent of my 8 years of experience. Like I didnt actually perform safety inspections using OSHA-based guidelines for 6+ years. He then asked if I was applying anywhere else, and I was purely honest and stated that I was applying for a quality assurance job. He then stated "oh yeah that's something along more your experience." I don't know what I said to tick him off, but I'm glad to have pulled my application from them. That interaction speaks volumes on how they treat their workers, seeing as how they're currently facing a class action lawsuit on wage violations. Their websites states that they "take care of their coworkers," but I'm not sure anymore after this interaction. The hiring manager is probably right, the other company I applied to is probably a better fit, they treated me with respect, and were genuinely interested not only on what my resume says but my interpersonal skills, my ability to create meaningful connections, the fact that I'm teachable and my ability to find solutions in ambiguous situations. I would rather work where respect is commonplace, where people are open-minded and aren't afraid of new experiences. Glad I pulled my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gate Gourmet

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview

It was non-existent, they just check if you're able to work the hours required and that's pretty much it. They don't care for much else. If your not comfortable with a changing schedule, that may off put your chances but other than that its not much.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gate Gourmet

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone interview and then an in-person interview. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and consisted of simple behavior-related questions. The in-person interview was pleasant and the finance manager didn't ask very tough questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

They have a large group of people you go into the training room and put on smocks hair nets etc. They take you out into the food prep areas both hot and cold. Then take you back tell you.if they don't call you in 48 hours that means you don't get the job. Wow not even a chance to have a face to face interview so very unprofessional and they even ask if you have experience (in which I did ) very good experience at that. I would recommend looking at a more professional company.

Interview Questions
  • No interview for any of us just lined us all up against the wall and asked each one of us if we had any food service experience that's it.

Gate Gourmet

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet in Jul 2019

Interview

The interview was more like an orientation, describing the work environment and giving a tour. Filling out paper work, meeting staff members, and being briefed on safety and security at this establishment. Not to mention there was an orientation following the interview after a couple of days where everything was reiterated in more detail.

Interview Questions
  • What is my availability? Do you have a reliable source of transportation to work?

Anonymous Employee in Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina)

Interview

Hime e a amg dela alou de q eu te falei p alg da tua sala q n vai dar tempo Tens que se tu n vai querer me ver hj eu n vou me importar simplesmente isso que

1 person found this interview helpful