Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Genentech Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

3.1

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR and hiring manager which went well. I was assigned a HR account rep who could not have been more incompetent. I was recommended for an on-site interview but the HR rep I was working for lost my file and thus the offer to interview on site was never extended to me. When I called after three weeks to check the status of my application the HR rep I spoke with said that they had on file that I had not responded to their request for an on-site interview thus my application was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Where to you see the future of the Bio pharmaceuticals to be and among our competitors do you feel is best positioned for this future   1 Answer

Contract Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and simple. The main discussion involved chemistry I had previously worked on and plans for the future (how long I might plan on staying).

Interview Questions

• How did you solve field related issue or problem?   1 Answer

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Full day interview with a scientific talk on previous work followed by half hour interviews all day. Lots of hard questions about the research presented in the talk.

They also asked questions about many of my published papers and wanted to know about the specifics of the methods used. I had to defend them and explain why others were not used.

Interview Questions

• Extremely rigorous questioning on science presented.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation except on signing bonus

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

The interview process for a contractor position was based on written hypotheticals. The interview included multiple scenario questions as well as real world examples. The interview was a set procedure by GNE and it set the tone.

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario that surprised you?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process started when I was contacted by a third party recruiter. There was a short phone screening with both the recruiter and the Genentech project lead, followed by a 5 hour on site semi-technical with several members of the group, both from IT and from other backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Basic scaling and pros and cons of different technology choices.   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional questions related to the protected employment attributes. I was put on the spot several times (i.e., it appears that you applied to PTR several times) during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with someone younger than you, and different gender   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple people on their team over the course of a day; discussions were friendly. Some STAR-format questions but most of the time was spent discussing my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview process started with a preliminary phone screen and then a higher-level phone screen with a senior manager. These were reasonable, with mostly soft-ball questions. Site visit and series on 1:1 interviews followed. Some technical questions were asked, but mostly behavioral and personality questions. Asked a few questions and got a good feel for the company culture. Answers seemed honest, and included some of the problems with a large org management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a projec t you were involved in that failed.   1 Answer

Patent Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Recruiter initiated process, led to a series of phone interviews; would have led to an in person, all day interview with the entire team had they not already made an offer to a candidate prior to interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Requested writing samples to demonstrate subject matter and legal proficiency.   1 Answer

Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was long (over a couple of days) and demanding but great! The group of people who interviewed me were great and I got to meet a wide range of people within the department. I had to give a 60minute presentation on my research, which was a great way to open up questions and show people what I had been working on previously.
    Following interview, the hiring process was quite drawn out and complex.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Genentech?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.