Great Eastern Shipping Interview Questions

Updated 6 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Eastern Shipping

Anonymous Employee in Ajmer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Ajmer) in Jan 2021

Interview

Firstly they will asked tell me about your self and your family and then start your HR questions and then he asked some physics questions like Pascal's law,law of flotation, frequency or etc.then some questions in maths like surface area of sphere,cube...and then complete your interview.

Interview Questions
  • If you are invisible for a day then what will you do?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Mumbai) in Jan 2020

Interview

i took online test through am cat after clearing written test you have to go to Mumbai to appear for personal interview which includes technical round also and after clearing that you are send to their medical examiner for medical examination after clearing medical examination wait for the merit list .

Interview Questions
  • we were called in the interview room there were 2 people one was a chief engineer.I was asked about rheostat , dry bulb temperature wet bulb temperature & difference b/w saturated and super saturated vapor.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lonāvale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Lonāvale) in Nov 2019

Interview

1.) You need to clear the online exam 2.) You will be seated in the online exam again in the academy (Only Mechanical Engineering Questions will be ask) 3.)Then go for the interview, It is easy pretty basic, They will judge your communication,Technical Domain Skill,Your Passion for the merchant navy 4.)Then go for the medicals, your eye sight should be as per required in their needs, 5.) They will put names of the shortlisted candidates on their website.

Interview Questions
  • What is 4 stroke CI Engine? Diffrence between 4 and 2 stroke engine? VCRS Cycle? Components of an ic engine? Types of refrigerant use in ships? Valve timing diagram of 4 stroke ci engine?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lonāvale

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Lonāvale) in Nov 2019

Interview

Online test , which if you pass the cutoff, will be called for technical online test and interview at the institute. If clear these two, then sent for medical exam

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Mumbai) in Nov 2017

Interview

I gave online entrance test for graduate in marine engineering, after clear the test they called me for interview in Mumbai. It was a great experience, interviewer was nice to me with gentle behavior. Don't be tensed about interview they are amazing.

Interview Questions
  • 1.tell me about your self 2.why you are interested in merchant navy 3. family background 4. What is capacitor 5.what is resistance 6.current loss 7.what is entropy, enthalpy 8.laws of velocity and acceleration
20 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Mumbai) in Jul 2017

Interview

I took an online screening test and then I was called for the interview in their Mumbai Office. There I was interviewed on the basis of electrical knowledge. After the interview if you are selected you are sent to the doctor for the medical on the same day. And you yourself have to pay for the medical around 6-7K.

Interview Questions
27 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Mumbai) in Nov 2014

Interview

met the small boss first and then as you pass you move up to the directors and the the MD.People were walking in and out . at pone point you had no idea who you were talking to

Interview Questions
11 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great Eastern Shipping (Mumbai)

Interview

Firstly go for exams conducted by company, if u willbe swlected then go for aptitude test and finally go for medical, if medical cleared then u will be sponsersd and do ur GME course and then complete ur seatime on companies vessels and then go for mission MMD and clear MEO class iv and then again join the company fleet as a 4th engineer.

67 people found this interview helpful