Harness Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 47 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Harness

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Harness

Interview

Incoherent, dishonest and unprofessional. Was referred by a former colleague, red carpet treatment for the first 4/5 conversations. Different people told me different things throughout the process (location, CPD opportunities etc...), with the discrepancies in messaging then used against me later on when I repeated the information given. When I shared my concern with the internal recruiter he then told management I was difficult and sabotaged my progress. He repeatedly lied to me and did not provide transparent feedback, which I had to obtain myself. Worked out for the best in hindsight.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to make money?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I interviewed at Harness (Bangalore)

Interview

The entire interview process was one of the best ones I've been a part of. Everyone was very welcoming and made you feel comfortable and took the time to talk to you about the company and the role you have applied for. There were 4 rounds which were all mainly technical with an emphasis on the in-depth understanding of how and why the tech works than the specifics. The Technical rounds were varying in questions and in the event, you got an answer wrong, the interviewer would take time to explain how it works instead of just moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions
  • There were in-depth Linux questions and the rest was mainly based on Cloud Archs and Kubernetes and Docker. It is also important to be well versed in what you have done at your previous employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harness (New York, NY)

Interview

Interview with the recruiter went well and I was told I'd be moving on to the next round. However, after many weeks and the assurance from the recruiter I'd be hearing from the company soon about next steps I was told my application was no longer under consideration. I still don't know if I was lied to or if numerous mistakes were made along the way. Be warned!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Harness (Dallas, TX) in Mar 2021

Interview

Discussion with recruiter about the particulars of the role Discussion with hiring manager about the role, the company and day to day. Technical screen with a potential peer Lab assignment and presenting the harness solution to several SEs and management.

Interview Questions
  • Explain Kubernetes to a non-technical person

Harness

Application

I interviewed at Harness

Interview

The process was fast and was very technical. All the interviews were very good and interactive. The HR Sindhu was one of the best HR I have interacted .HR and interviewers made interview with Harness really good experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Harness

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harness

Interview

Scheduled an interview with recruiter and got ghosted after interview was being pushed back. I followed up to reschedule an interview and got ghosted again, so I never got an interview and finally received a response almost two weeks later saying that they found other candidates.. experience was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harness (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

Got a call from HR followed by discussion about role and my past experiences Had call with Director on some technical approach questions Moved on to hands on coding with Staff Engineer and Followed by principal engineer Solved both coding questions Director Review: This is very positive and i don't have any negative to talk about Staff Engineer Review: He gave a question for which i did provide a solution that works on execution but throughout the call he tried to stop me and direct me to his own approach of solving. Either he is adamant or expected solution using his rote learning or he ignorant of multiple solutions possible Principal Engineer: This was also very smooth very interactive and collaborative. We arrived at solution and improved it with multiple iterations by providing multiple solutions HR: He kind of responded pretty quick during those interview process and suddenly he became a ghost. Overall company needs to improve interview process. After spending around 4-5 hours in total in call and having completed all questions with successful execution they need to atleast inform if something went wrong. Either they filled it internally or they don't have any budget to take in more people. Company needs to improve on their interviewing process

Interview Questions
  • Split a large monolithic code base into different modules and finally covert them to microservices Find dependencies among those modules fastest way Alien dictionary problem Finally finding exception stack that needs trigger notification mechanism from from data structure which stores all exceptions thrown Design data structure and write code to find exceptions from that list Most of graph/trie style question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harness (Melbourne) in Feb 2021

Interview

5-7 different discussions with various parts of the business. Harness really wanted to understand your process . Tough but fair ... My tip is ..Be prepared and do your homework

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harness

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harness in Feb 2021

Interview

Very smooth, helpful and fast. HR was quick to come back with response and follow up, and manager provided a lot of insight into what type of work to be expected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harness (Chandler, AZ) in Feb 2021

Interview

7 rounds of interviews, with various stakeholders. My role requires interaction with many different content teams and working with them and executives was critical for me to understand impact. Process was fast, smooth and there were no delays as such.

Interview Questions
  • Varied, job role based and were different for different people
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews