Harness Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 57 of over 57 interviews

Employee Referral10%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harness (New York, NY) in Nov 2021

Interview

avoid. I was told that since I heard from them from a recruiter, that I probably wasn't a good fit. They are looking for people who REALLY want to work at Harness, and are not passive about it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us why you are looking for a new company.
    Answer Question

Harness

Application

I interviewed at Harness

Interview

There were 2 sections. 1 for coding and another for understanding of coding frameworks. After 1st round they evaluate whether to sit in 2nd round. After 2nd round is an HR round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Harness

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harness in Sep 2021

Interview

I was screened over the phone, then had an interview the following day over Zoom. The entire process was straightforward, easy to follow, as well as information was clearly presented. Also, next steps were clearly indicated.

Interview Questions
  • What made you think of recruiting as a possible career path?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harness (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

Never got to go through the process. Applied for the position, and quickly received an invite. Scheduled and prepped for the interview. Received no call for an interview, or any email about cancellation/rescheduling. I attempted to reach out (email) after 5 minutes of the calendar event starting, and have not received any response.

Harness

Application

I interviewed at Harness

Interview

The interview is a few rounds with three rounds of technical interviews. A system design and some behavioral questions. The people are my future teammates and are super friendly. The interview is very easy to navigate thanks to them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Harness

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harness in Jul 2021

Interview

Started off as a chat with the recruiter to go over the position. After that was the technical interview. There were 3 rounds to that, each 1 hour in length. Questions focused heavily on data structures and algorithms. Last interview was with the hiring manager which was a mix of technical (Java threading) and architectural (scaling an application) questions, along with a discussion of my resume.

Interview Questions
  • Given a set of "alien" words and an ordering of those words (e.g. "foo" < "bar" < "baz"), determine the ordering of the characters in that alien alphabet
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harness (Bangalore) in Jul 2021

Interview

The entire interview process was one of the best ones I've been a part of. Everyone was very welcoming and made you feel comfortable and took the time to talk to you about the company and the role you have applied for. There were 4 rounds which were all mainly technical with an emphasis on the in-depth understanding of how and why the tech works than the specifics. The Technical rounds were varying in questions and in the event, you got an answer wrong, the interviewer would take time to explain how it works instead of just moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions
  • There were in-depth Linux questions and the rest was mainly based on Cloud Architecture, Docker, issue debugging, and Kubernetes. It is also important to be well versed in what you have done at your previous employer.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harness (London, England)

Interview

Recruiter - Internal HR - Manager - Director - Role Play so 5 layers. I really liked that the final test was an actual role play, not just giving a presentation and because they give you a real deck you get to see if this is something you could sell, and they also give you access to a current seller to help you prepare. I was in multiple interview processes with a few different organisations and this was the only company that let me speak to people in the business, during the interview process and after the offer, which made a big difference for me.

Interview Questions
  • They want to understand what motivates you cause obviously even though we're sellers it's not just money. You don't have to be super technical but able to articulate complex concepts simply and discuss the value of the technical solutions with more senior stakeholders.

Harness

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harness in Jun 2021

Interview

Overall the interview process was smooth. This company is one of the very fast growing start-ups with great vision. The interview was also inclined towards the real time scenarios faced by the company . It was more of a learning interview process where I got to know and learn a lot of things.

Interview Questions
  • A real time scenario about the secrets management and how could it be efficiently be resolved was asked

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harness (Dallas, TX)

Interview

An amazing interview process for a company that is growing rapidly. It took around a month to complete the interview process. They test your ability to sell a product based on value, and dig into the clients pain.

Interview Questions
  • You must execute their first meeting deck
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Interviews