HealthTap Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Mar 2019

2.6

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview

Interview process was quick and straightforward. It took two rounds within one week. The best part of it was to deal with Diana, who is the head of talent acquisition.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for Healthtap and what can Healthtap do for you?   Answer Question

People Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview

Thought I was meeting with two people for an on-site interview, and they ended up adding two additional people (which extended the process by another two hours or so). Met with the CEO, and then completely ghosted by the recruiter and all others. I've called twice, emailed twice, and absolutely no response whatsoever. It's very bizarre and a terrible candidate experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview

I was reached out to by an employee at HealthTap who scheduled a phone interview with me. After reading other reviews on Glassdoor, I was hesitant, but I decided to proceed. During the phone interview, the interviewer had no idea what the tech stack for the product was, and couldn't tell me the exact job description (it was all very vague). He said I'd be working on implementing new features on their new codebase, and it was somehow tied to product quality. They sent me a coding challenge which was fairly straightforward. After that I was invited for an onsite interview. I got a tour of the place and it's true - all the engineers are in the basement, separated from everyone else. The whole place was really crammed. I spoke with the same person from the phone interview for a bit, and he again couldn't really tell me too many specifics about the job. Next I spoke with an engineer on the team, who clarified a lot of questions I had. The job description that the first person had described was entirely false - what I would have been working on was an endless list of bug fixes on their legacy codebase, while also doing client-facing IT. Nothing to do with the new product at all. I asked questions about culture, and the engineer let me know these details:
    -The hours are tough. They do enforce their hours, but they're long - at 9:30 all the engineers have a meeting with the CTO, and when Munchery is delivered between 6-7 they're allowed to leave. That doesn't sound like the worst hours, but combined with the rest of these facts, they are not easy.
    -The CTO is quite rough and very much micro manages. He breathes down the engineers' necks since everything is incredibly deadline-driven. He's way more hands on than any typical CTO.
    -There are communication issues across the company, and they're planning on opening an office in San Francisco with no foresight about how to fix the inevitable communication issues across different campuses, let alone within the same campus.
    -There's no real company vision. They just have a series of "values" that they don't really hold to.
    -There's no real motivation for staying except that a few people on the team are nice.

This is about what I can remember - everything was a glaring red flag. All the other negative reviews here seem pretty accurate. If you're considering working for them, try to get as much information as possible before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank coding challenge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was straightforward and I would wholly recommend experienced to interview with HealthTap because they have a strong mission and a great product. The leadership is approachable and welcomes feedback! Thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

A friend put me in touch with a recruiter, and I had a brief intro call to learn about the company. She then connected me to the relevant PM for the team I'd be interviewing with. I had an intro call with the PM, which was followed by a HackerRank takehome - an algorithm to solve, and a frontend assessment that hinged primarily on CSS. After that, I went on-site, and interviewed with 4 people on the team I'd be joining. If I get called back, I'll interview with the PM again, and with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• In the HackerRank: an algorithim, and a frontend CSS question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met the team in career fair, and then got an email to schedule a phone interview. After I pass the phone screen, I was invited to the office in Palo Alto.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

They had me at the office for final rounds, the two interviewers were very friendly. Overall, the whole staff I talked to was extremely friendly and everyone seemed very excited to have me there.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to sort this binary tree. How would you recreate the following graph?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HealthTap in August 2016.

Interview

Never had an interview process that felt so disorganized. I got 3 inbound inquiries for 3 different roles in 3 months, and HealthTap dropped the ball on all of them.

FIRST INTERVIEW: Customer Success + Front End Engineer
    Had an initial introductory phone chat to learn more about the role and company. Seemed like a good fit and they said they'd schedule a technical phone screen. They never did and failed to respond to my follow up emails.

SECOND INTERVIEW: Full Stack Engineer
    Spoke with an in-house recruiter who scheduled an hour long tech phone screen. However, there was a mixup -- the engineering interviewer was their iOS lead and thought I was applying for an iOS position (I have no iOS experience). His disappointment was noticeable, but we proceeded into the phone screen anyway. He asked me to implement BFS and DFS, which I did with minor hiccups. After completing it, he ended the conversation (with 30 minutes to spare) and I got a rejection email a few days later

THIRD INTERVIEW: Data Scientist
    Got an inbound request through Hired.com. We scheduled a time to chat on the phone, but I never received a called nor an email informing me that they couldn't make it. Got a rejection email 2 weeks later without ever having spoken to anyone.

My advice: stay clear of this company. They might be doing good work, but looks like they have massive internal communication problems and don't treat prospective employees well.

Interview Questions

• Implement BFS/DFS in any language you want. Constraints are there are no cycles and no disconnected nodes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Like other interview reviews said, very disorganized and not pro on recruiting at all.
    I was reached out by an internal recruiter first for position A, said I am a good fit for the area. Had a call with the recruiter and would like to move on to the interviews. I submitted my availability in an email, but they didn't get back to me. Just disappeared.
    And then two weeks after, I sent a follow-up email asking what's going on. They replied and said I may not be a good fit for position A, but I could be a good fit for position B. I'm like, alright. Took the phone interview and passed that, and was invited to onsite interview.
    On the (first) onsite, interviewers seemed busy and were never coming to interview on time, feels like they've been dragged by HR. The questions were not hard but a lot of them were going through your past experiences.
    After that day, I waited for a couple days and sent follow-up again. They replied the next day and said would like to invite me to onsite again for meeting with the hiring manager and CTO. So I went there again, and the interview schedule was again a mess. CTO had another meeting conflict so I had to wait somewhere for him.
    And here comes the worse part. I think I did well on the interviews, and even the recruiter called me after the second onsite and said all the feedback she got so far are "extremely positive". But somehow after a few day they sent me an rejection email saying that I was not a good fit for now.
    Totally wasting the candidates time. I honestly don't encourage engineers to join the company as I don't feel they value their engineer very much. And you can find a lot of negative reviews here already, both from applicants and current employees.

Interview Questions

• Going through your experiences. So coding questions and a brain teaser.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview

I applied to HealthTap after reading about them in The Atlantic. I was attracted to the fact that they are building something that a lot of people could benefit from.

The interviews themselves were pretty standard technical interviews, similar to Google/Facebook/etc, with multipart coding problems and brain teasers. I'm personally not a fan of these, I don't think they are a good indicator of future success.

Now the bad part. The interviewers were completely and utterly disinterested. I got the feeling that they were being forced to conduct interviews, and it showed. I was also kept extremely late as far as interviews go (past 7pm), which no other company does. The culture seemed a bit suspect too, all the non engineers have a nice floor at the top of the building, and the engineers are tucked away at the bottom floor. It felt more like a sweatshop there than a workplace, full of tired looking coders grinding it. The CTO came across as arrogant, and in general not a pleasant person to work with.

I was super excited to interview, since they appear to be doing meaningful work. After interviewing and reading other Glassdoor company reviews (read the low rated ones, the high rated ones seem fake and doctored by the companies HR department), I think I dodged a bullet. Doesn't seem like a great place to work tbh

Interview Questions

• Find the kth smallest element in a list of sorted integers   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.