Hike Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

Tech India

7h

works at

Amazon

Hey fishes I know it's kinda depressing but that's what I am into so it's been months now with Amazon and I've working in a new role learning great stuff but here's the catch I don't have anyone to contact with like people here don't reply if you ask for help and if you even call out like they defend by saying they're busy . Forget favors they don't reply to "hey". I have total 2 yrs of exp so barely saw work culture at office. But I wanna ask is this normal or I'm overthinking.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Hike

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hike

Interview

coding round then assignment and two interview rounds. everything was easy if you know the basics its toot easy to get cleared have confidence on yourself. coding was as simple as geek for geeks.

Interview Questions
  • based on resume and projects
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hike (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana) in Nov 2019

Interview

There were 5 rounds 1. Product round 1 2. Analytics 3. Design Knowledge 4. Product round 2 5. HR round All of them were completed on the same day & feedback was provided after every round. The interviewers ensured to help whenever there was a hiccup & ensured a smooth process

Interview Questions
  • 1. Problems faced & process to resolve 2. Some case studies to check what metrics would be the go to ones 3. UX approaches taken - pros cons 4. Case study to build a product for a given problem statement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hike (New Delhi) in Sep 2019

Interview

First round was Simulation round followed by a F2F interview covering discussion about Simulation round and some technical discussion around Threading, ViewModel, ExcuterService, Handler, Looper, RxJava, Picasso, app optimisations, .

Interview Questions
  • Build an app using Flickr API - it was about building an app using Flickr API and show images in a grid of 3. We need to give provision to the User, to enter the Search Query based on which the corresponding images will be pulled from the API and shown on the screen. Also, need to have pagination with 100 records each page.
  • The F2F round started with discussion over your past work experience and was asked about the previous companies I worked with
  • Can you tell me about the ViewModel, what is its purpose?
  • He further asked me about Asked about, concepts of threading ? Explain ExecuterService ? Explain, implementation/internal-working of ExecuterService ? How is number of threads determined in the Thread pool ? Tell me about the deciding factors ? What does subscribeOn and observeOn do ? Asked a small coding problem over Schedulers ? If I replace Schedulers.io() with Schedulers.computation() will the code compile and run or crash ? In Java, there are 3 API requests made in 3 different threads, I have to wait for the response of each one of them and then start 4th thread. How can I do it?
  • He asked me about operators in RxJava, I have worked with ?
  • Then he turned back to my code and said what if remove Gson from my Retrofit, what will happen ? In what format the response comes ? If you do not have Gson parser then how will you parse the response ?
  • He asked about Picasso library and asked why image is loading every time I scroll up-down very fast ? How will you fix it ?
  • For better User experience, I used a place-holder image which was having a grey background but it was smaller than the actual image being rendered because that place-holder image was having a padding. He said, its not a good user experience, how can we fix it using image ?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hike (New Delhi) in Apr 2019

Interview

Application : Applied through a consultancy from Instahyre.com Interview The first round was on hackerrank, had to solve 2 questions in 90 mins After that, I was called for face-to-face rounds at their office in New Delhi on a Saturday. It was a recruitment drive, many other candidates were called. There we were asked to make an Android app with image search functionality using flick apis, i.e user will search for a keyword, you have to show photos in 3*3 grid in an Android app. After that, I had a discussion with one of their Engineers. I felt like he was not interested in taking the interview. He asked some questions about android, java multithreading. Felt like he was sad for coming to the office for taking interviews on a Saturday. and the HR lady told me that she will get in touch with me regarding result and feedback, But even after sending emails she didn't respond. Highly Unprofessional Behaviour, Seemed like they wanted to hire a 2-3 experienced guy. Very bad experience. Also felt company is also very confused with their product, first creating a lot of features then stopping them to focus on the core product.

Interview Questions
  • Rotate a given array, and find the index of max element, for several test cases.
  • Create an Android app, using flick apis, and show the result in a grid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hike (Bangalore) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview was scheduled by recruiters directly as I have enormous experience in Android. The interview was of 5 rounds. 1. Coding test(using laptop) 2. Basic Android + Architecture 3. Data Structure + Android 4. More into Android 5. DS + Algo with Senior Employee Overall you will not find any difficulty handling android + DS + algo if you are an above average person. But, what really pi**ed me off is the final round(one of the most important round) by a person who has no idea how a complete mobile development works and starts asking you about backend just because he is from a backend team and expects you to answer. Further, they expect you to answer the only way( god way) that they are aware of for solving the given question. The moment you bring other solutions, you are rejected!

4 people found this interview helpful

Hike

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hike

Interview

1 telephonic coding round, 2 f2f coding round, 1 f2f design round, 1 technical coding/design round with hiring manager. Questions around linked list, arrays, distributed systems. The process is good.

Interview Questions
  • Removing consecutive duplicated recursively in a singly linked list. Entity propagation systems design

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Hike (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana) in Jan 2018

Interview

Over call for about 40 minutes. Few basic questions followed by HR questions. Fairly easy process for a prepared candidate. But you should be clear about the profile you are going to work on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hike (Bangalore)

Interview

Was called up by the HR and asked for a time when they can set up a exploratory call with me to understand my profile better, and check if I am suitable for the role. After few days, we had a call but to my surprise, it was one of their data scientist who took the interview, which I suppose was to be an exploratory call with the Hiring Manager/HR . The interview went for an Hour. It was been 45 days and I still awaiting the feedback of the discussion, was just informed that they got "some" feedback and will let me know their final results in some more time., I had mailed them multiple times for a feedback now and still awaiting - Neither rejection, nor +ve.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hike (Bangalore) in Jul 2017

Interview

It was a telephonic interview, I was asked about my last work & the one before that. At around 30 mins into the interview, suddenly the interviewer said he's getting another call & he will call me back. It felt weird to me as that has never happened before to me even with the big companies. I thought maybe I'll get a call later that day, or next day, I waited but it never came. Basically he realized that I was not fit for the role, abruptly cut the interview in between to save his precious time, did not have a minimum courtesy to let me know, very unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about the details of my last work & the one before that.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hike (Hyderābād) in Dec 2016

Interview

The dress code was casual. The interviewers themselves were dressed casually. I wore an old T-shirt to the interview. There were 4 rounds. No HR round. First round was coding test, then a written test. Then two interview rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Given a list of prices for a stock, which days would have been the best combination to buy and sell?
2 people found this interview helpful