Housing.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.6

Sort:

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Housing.com (Mumbai) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through their site. I got call in 1 week I was called on their development center. They are basically looking for basic fundamental knowledge in CSS , JS and frameworks like Backbone , AngularJS and other libraries like reactJS , nodeJS.

They conduct multiple rounds. First round which is like screening round. It went on for more than 1.5 hour for me . I cleared the first round .
    Questions regarding objects ,

Interview Questions

• [1] a = { name : "test" };
           b = { name : "test" };
           what will be a === b ?
           a===b ? // --->false
           Object references are not same
      [2] Explain Login mechanism of site . Asked about how authentic API calls are made when session is
           active.
      [3] Question about Data structure . I was told to decrease complexity of particular problem.
      [4] How backbone views , say BV1 , BV2 , BV3 can message each other ( i.e. event trigger )
           Ans : Visit link :http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21977945/backbone-event-bus-multiple-
                                    views-on-the-same-page.
      [5] There are 2 images on single page. Either you want both to be loaded or neither of them.
           Ans : use sprites
      [6] Questions related to closure.
      [7] What is promise in js ?
      [8] obj = { val : 123 , vals : { val : 45 , vals : { val : 90 } } , name : 'abc' , names : { name : 'xyz'}}
           make it : obj = { val : 123 , vals_val : 45 , vals_vals_val : 90 , name : 'abc' , names_name : 'xyz'}
           Ans : Use recursion . There can be better solution.
      [9] Asked about projects
      [10] which is faster call or apply
             Ans : call is faster . You will get answer from stackoverflow.
      [11] How you inherit properties in js prototypes .
      [12] what is target and currentTarget
      [13] Difference between .bind() , .on() , .live() . delegate() functions .
            backbone events : {} uses which one of the above ?
      [14] CSS positioning related questions . what is box-model (I didn't know)
      [15] asked about reactJS
      [16] requireJS and routing in backbone.
      [17] Their favorite question : How browser works ?
      [18] puzzle : 5 points (x,y) pair in XY plane . All (x,y) of 5 points are ONLY integers. Prove that at
             least one pair will have midpoint which is going to be integer (x,y). ( Pigeon hole concept )
             100 doors puzzle .
      [19] How browser links classes with actual DOM . What is BOM and DOM.
      [20] difference between cache and local storage

Prepare well on backbone (routing , events , requireJS ) / angular / nodeJS . Prototypes , constructors , closure , CSS . They ask if you have something your own online to show them .

Have look at some internals of the basics like how browser works , how data is linked .
      If you are good at basics , housing is not that tough .   Answer Question

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Housing.com.

Interview

Got a call in less than a week from hr. She for got to schedule my interview on reminding after 4 more days. she scheduled my interview.It was one good and easy phone interview which i messed up(Could have done better).Easy but tricky questions

Interview Questions

• Basic javascript questions Like output of small functions difference between '==' and '==='
      etc   1 Answer
    • One or two puzzles   Answer Question

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Housing.com (Mumbai) in September 2015.

Interview

There were basically 3 rounds,
    First round was taken by the HR, second round was taken by the RBM where he checked the basic operations skills, then the PAN India head took a round where he negotiated on the salary aspect

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Housing.com (Mumbai) in November 2013.

Interview

We started off talking about my resume. They had a look at important points of my resume and also looked at the course projects I have done. No questions in particular regarding this. I actually knew the interviewer partially because he was from my college and we got the same rank in IIT-JEE ;) Then, they started to ask some specific coding related questions. There were 3-4 such questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Given the head of a linked list, can you find if it contains a cycle in it?   1 Answer

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Housing.com (Powai, Maharashtra).

Interview

The whole process is very unorganised they keep walking and gather the crowd they them self are very unorganised. I walked in at mrng 10 am and got done at 5pm and i was one of then person who gave all 3 rounds in a day there were around 10 to 20 candidate for the same position after giving all 3 rounds also they did have this much courtesy to call and inform about the result .

Interview Questions

• *What’s your family background
      * brief me through your cv   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Housing.com (Mumbai) in March 2015.

Interview

campus recruitment after scanning of resume ,candidates were called for personal interview at housing's office .The interview was conducted by marketing manager .It was a causal interview not a stress one .Questions were basic and easy to be answered .

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

fixed salary

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Housing.com (Mumbai) in December 2017.

Interview

Had 3 rounds during interview.
    It was as follow:

1. HR round
    2. Middle operation manager
    3. Area manager

HR round was starts from all basics inquiries.
    Middle manager round was for personality approach, communication skills.
    And area managr round is for insure the willingness to do job, salary, location.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Housing.com (Gurgaon, Haryana) in July 2017.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interview. Was asked basic data structure questions like in first round

*Basic java and database questions.

Second round was projected bit difficult .Every round took more than an hour. Interviewers seemed quite young and lacking major in depth concept themselves.

Interview Questions

• * 2D row and column wise sorted matrix, find kth maximum.(with negative values also in consideration)   1 Answer
    • Array of integers is given, find pair with sum. (with negative values also in consideration)   1 Answer
    • *Find one tree is subtree of another.   1 Answer
    • *Subsequence sum exists for a given number k in an array. (Dynamic programming).   1 Answer
    • *Second round had a design problem for car pooling system. Asked type of database tables required and their relationships. Despite providing the logic using graph to calculate minimum distance of lat,long the interviewer wasn't impressed.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Housing.com (Pune) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview which lasted for around 30 mins. The questions were mainly based on my resume and had a guesstimate question. I will suggest to have each and evry point of your resume clear in your mind.

Interview Questions

• Guesstimate: Estimate the usage of surf excel in India in a particular year.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Housing.com (Mumbai) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called for an onsite interview during one of their recruitment drives. I had a general problem solving round as the first round, a coding round, and finally another domain specific round with one of the co-founders.

After that, an HR round that basically revolved around the usual questions - why Housing, current job, current compensation, when is the soonest that I could join and so on.

Interview Questions

• Depth first search and breadth first search usages and differences.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.