Housing.com Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

Applied online26%
Recruitment Agency26%
HardAverageEasy

Housing.com

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Housing.com

Interview

It was on-campus drive, 4 rounds were conducted. 1st round was coding round in which 4 dsa problems were asked 2nd and 3rd were technical rounds for the shortlisted students, which mainly consists of 1 dsa problem each (arrays and trees in my cases), and basic CS fundamental questions form OOPs, OS, DBMS, etc. 4th and the last round was HR round.

Interview Questions
  • 1 array (subarray problem) 1 tree (binary tree traversal with modification) Process vs Thread static keyword in java
    Answer Question

Housing.com

Application

I interviewed at Housing.com

Interview

The interview process was smooth, the questions asked were of medium difficulty, I had a great discussion about my projects with the interviewer, but my projects mainly revolved around Machine Learning, which I think left my interviewer with the idea that I am not suitable for SDE role.

Interview Questions
  • Q: You are given an InputStream having prices of a stock at different hours on a day, find out the maximum profit you can achieve by completing at most one transaction.

Housing.com

Application

I interviewed at Housing.com

Interview

2-3 rounds, First round based on ds algo avg difficulty Second round design and projects 3rd round was again on design and projects Gurgaon based office Ds algo- waterfall problem, Java questions basic

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Housing.com

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Housing.com in Jun 2022

Interview

My interview was scheduled by a consultancy. First round was react & javascript round. After first round neither consultancy nor housing communicated back . First interview consist of simple react, javascript question & programming question

Interview Questions
  • 1. Interaction Manager 2. useNativeDriver 3. Proguard 4. Java Inheritance & Composition 5. Javascript currying 6. Flatlist optimization props 7. React portals 8. React lifecycle methods 9. Redux migration 10. Reduce bundle size of RN app 11. Pure function related questions 12. Difference b/w shallow copy & deep copy

Housing.com

Application

I interviewed at Housing.com

Interview

Two Technical Video Calls Mostly on first call Language javascript and reactframework , second call on DS and Algo Medium Difficulty questions and HR and Manager Video Call. All questions were basic or medium difficulty

Interview Questions
  • Javascript and react framework basic questions and DS+Algo 2 questions

Housing.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Housing.com in Apr 2022

Interview

Overall Interview process was good. First round was revolving around problem solving. Basic array based . First I tried with brute force approach and then interviewer asked me to optimized it. Basic Front end question Hoisting, Closure, Callbacks, Promise.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Housing.com

Application

I interviewed at Housing.com

Interview

It was good. They took 1 coding round, two technical rounds and one HR round. In technical interview round they asked question from tree and graph mostly. And from core subject questions were from DBMS.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Housing.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Housing.com in Dec 2021

Interview

Process had 3 rounds - initial screening by HR, 1 technical round with another data scientist in the team, and another resume based discussion with the hiring manager. Questions in the technical round covered a lot of statistics and ML/DL concepts, going into the depth of math behind the same (an almost exhaustive set of questions). As per my assessment, I was able to answer 90% of these, barring the extremely mathematical ones. The next interview with the hiring manager covered past projects, as well as a case study - had good discussions on both. He also covered my questions about the role towards the end. However, after these rounds, no one got back with any updates, even on following up for feedback, hence the negative experience. Any candidate who has put in a hours of their time in discussions over a role, deserves a response at the end of the process, even if a feedback is too much to ask for.

Interview Questions
  • Generic questions like - Explain Bagging vs boosting. More mathematical questions like - Can you explain the mathematics behind the forget gate of LSTM?

Housing.com

Application

I interviewed at Housing.com

Interview

It was not the easiest interview. Panelists asked very very very very very difficult twisted and Mind boggling questions. I don’t think I did well I failed it. I regret it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Housing.com (New Delhi)

Interview

The hiring and the interview process was quite smooth. The whole interview process was covered within 2days with proper communication. Questions asked were good. Difficult level was okay. Not that difficult. If you are good in basics then it won't be at all difficult. Worst part, after interviewing and offer rollout call discussion, they inform that they don't have budget to provide even a standard hike. Before applying to this company make sure to double check with HR what your current salary is and what is expected and whether if that's within their budget, because I was told clearly in the beginning that my expected is within their budget but later somehow that was out of their budget and this will only break your expectations and waste your time. They will interview you and then will slap you with rubbish excuse of budget constraints. They don't even have this audacity to inform the candidate. You have to be shameless enough to call them constantly to get this revert that they don't have a budget. Having such negative experience from such established company made me realise not all companies which look big are good. This company expects people to work on low wages and try to break your confidence by quoting people who are underpaid.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews

Housing.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Housing.com as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Development Engineer and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Housing.com takes an average of 5 days when considering 42 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Javascript Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 9 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Housing.com according to 42 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 28.81%