HubbleHQ Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HubbleHQ Interview Questions

Interviews at HubbleHQ

2.7

Not Disclosed Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubbleHQ.

Interview

The interview process was a single stage two hour session. Starting with a 1 hour interview with your potential immediate team members (HubbleHQ operates in squads) and then the next hour with the wider team; broken into two 25 minute sessions - the first with two engineers, the second with two people from other disciplines and then finishing with an interview with one of the founders.

Although intense, I found this to be a positive interview process because both parties will get a good account of each other in a short amount of time so it means a decision is made quickly (in my case 2 days) rather than a drawn out process like other companies.

I didn't have to show my portfolio is this session as this was more around cultural fit plus competency based questions, so I'm assuming portfolio is screened before interviews take place.

Interview Questions

• How would a former employee describe you?   Answer Question
    • Could you tell us about an obstacle during a project and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview had 2 stages. A phone call with Head of design and an on-site interview with HOD, development team and a cultural fit interview.
    After the interview, I didn't hear anything from them for 4 weeks even though I followed up with an email. After 4 weeks they sent me an automatic email that the position is closed now and that they didn't have time to give people feedback.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and fairly quickly had a telephone interview (as I explained I had other interviews in progress). I was then called in for an extremely efficient stage of 3 interview rounds in one go. An interview with the CTO and a Product Manager (for which I had prepared a case study presentation), then with the Engineering Manager and an Engineer, then finally with the CEO and another Product Manager for cultural fit. I was informed beforehand that the interview may be called short if I didn't proceed through to the next round; fortunately I proceeded through all stages. There was a final phone call the next working day to clarify a few issues, and then an offer was made that same day.

I found this an extremely efficient way of interviewing, effectively getting a few of spread out interviews into one intense afternoon.

Through the interview process I got to ask all of the questions I had, and I got a really good impression of the team and company as a whole.

I would highly recommend interviewing (and working) at HubbleHQ.

Interview Questions

• How I have managed differing stakeholder views in the past.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

The process was very quick and transparent and it was overall a very positive experience.

The first stage was a phone screening with a member of the hiring team, where we discussed my CV/relevant experience and the role in detail. This was followed by an onsite 3-hour meeting, divided in four sections:
    1) Technical interview (A case study to be solved using SQL)
    2) 1:1 interview with the CTO
    3) Cultural interview with two senior employees
    4) 1:1 interview with the COO

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions about my experience using data to solve business problems.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview -
    Talk about my personal skills and why I am interested in the role.

Technical interview -
    1. Go over the code that I am proud of and not so proud of and why.
    2. Explain how I would build their system from scratch.

On-site interview.
    1. Peer programming - Build a new feature and refactor existing react/js codebase.
    2. Cultural interview - Why I would be a good fit in this company and how I enjoy working.

I found the peer programming very easy didn't need any external resource, refactoring I found very easy too refactored code based on SOLID principles.

A few days later I got a negative result: They thought my refactoring would be better.
    They provided no explanation or feedback of what I could have improved or asked why I have refactored in a particular way eg. Arrow functions over Bind etc..

After politely asking them for feedback as to what I could have improved they are avoiding me completely.

Either I was not a cultural fit or my salary expectations were too high for them is the first thing that comes to mind.

Some negatives with the company:
    I have done some research into their new hires and they seem to be prioritizing females to create a 50% gender split of technical employees - I have no issue with smarter females then me in tech getting better jobs but choosing someone based on gender than experience is a problem waiting to happen - Now they seem to be pushing out "female only" working spaces, can't anyone else see an issue with this? Isn't that we are trying to prevent in the first place men only > mixed gender allowed :) > female only??? What's next "race" only working spaces? Imagine how that would turn out...

They have been operating for 4 years and seem like they are finding it hard to expand out of the UK.

They don't intend to provide translations to other counties when they do migrate, they are only going to target other countries in Europe who speak English.

I do wish the company the best, they have a good product.
    Could operations be improved? yes.
    I do feel like it was a waste of my time and money as they provided me no valuable feedback.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone screening followed by onsite 3 hour interview process.

Seems straight forward however they are pretty adamant on finding out your salary expectation as this seems to be their bigger concern than getting actual talent. Warning to those of you considering applying.

Interview Questions

• Main theme of questions was salary.   1 Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a call from the HR, where she reviewed my profile and passed it on to the next level, which was a video call with the Head of marketing. There was also a technical test which i cleared. I was called to the office for a face to face with the whole team, which involved talking to a couple of members of the biz dev team, HoM once again, Head of Customer Support and the COO, practically most of the team. A lot of emphasis on whether you would fit within the culture of the company. The whole process took more than 3 weeks only to be communicated that they found someone who had experience in the same industry.

I just feel this could have been communicated in the job description if they preferred someone from their own industry as it seems that was the only differentiating factor based on which the offer was given!! I don't see a need to 5 different people, repeating the same thing and then being told the reason. Could have saved me a lot of time and tamed my expectations!

Landlord Partnerships Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a face to face with my manager to discuss my experience to date and suitability to the role. The follow up was a culture interview with another member of the team which I felt was a nice touch to get to know who else you would be working with. Finally, there was a formal presentation to the COO and a senior sales member which was a good way to demonstrate my presentation skills in a high pressure environment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a phpne screening followed by an interview. I was (badly) interviewed by the CTO, as he had formed conceptions about my experience based on my CV, and rather than asking questions intended to disprove his misconceptions, he sought to confirm them.

Interview Questions

HubbleHQ Response

1 Oct 2018 – Co-Founder & CTO

Hey I'm sorry you felt that way about the interview process! We do try our best to filter out bias by getting more than just myself to interview each candidate so that we can get multiple perspectives on an individual. Saying that, we are always trying to improve the process so I'll definitely keep this in mind as we update and iterate on the questions.

Tenant Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubbleHQ (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the COO followed by a face-to-face interview with a few of the tenant advisory team. Finally, I had another telephone interview with the CEO.

The team were really friendly and easy to talk to, and didn't use any typical cliche interview questions. I felt very informed during the entire process, as feedback was quick and comprehensive at each step.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my passion for start-ups and prop-tech, as well as quite a solid session to determine the culture fit.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.